Quarterfinals - Powell at West

WestHigh4Life

17 hours ago, footballknox said:

No, he said there is a protocol, but there is no A, B, C, D to follow. He reminded you that each situation is different.  In most healthcare situations, there is no exact treatment.  It depends on the injury.  

You just want to argue against the Powell program.  You lost your credibility saying that a coach you do not like will risk his players health to win.  Just because you don't care for someone, does not mean you can go around saying they put winning before their players' health.  

only 1,2,3,4.  

No arguing with you.  You'll convince yourself those are two differnt things.  

18 hours ago, footballknox said:

Would definitely like to hear of these discipline rules you are talking about?  As far as recruiting goes, none of the coaches in Knox County have any right to cast the first stone.  

Saying that Lowe would put his players health, especially a head injury, in jeopardy is just wrong.  You might not like the guy, but it is totally wrong of you to say that he would purposely harm his players.  

I read them here.  I'm sure you can search them if you want.

15 hours ago, MeritIII said:

These two teams have the last two 5A gold balls.  I can’t find another team in 5A that have a higher winning percentage than these two senior classes.  Powell will be playing in their 53rd game with a 79% winning percentage in the last 4 seasons.  West will be in game 56 with a 90% win rate.  Both Powell and West seniors will have won more games than some other teams have even played in.  It’s a shame they are in the same region.  Find me any other 5A school that can match either record in Tennessee over the last 4 years.  I checked several - a few are close but did not beat either in winning percentage.  

There will be no love lost between these two teams come Friday night, but there will nothing but respect for what they both have accomplished in the last few seasons.   This is especially true as both are in “rebuilding” seasons. 

Can't think that they are in the same region was an accident can we?

16 hours ago, MeritIII said:

These two teams have the last two 5A gold balls.  I can’t find another team in 5A that have a higher winning percentage than these two senior classes.  Powell will be playing in their 53rd game with a 79% winning percentage in the last 4 seasons.  West will be in game 56 with a 90% win rate.  Both Powell and West seniors will have won more games than some other teams have even played in.  It’s a shame they are in the same region.  Find me any other 5A school that can match either record in Tennessee over the last 4 years.  I checked several - a few are close but did not beat either in winning percentage.  

There will be no love lost between these two teams come Friday night, but there will nothing but respect for what they both have accomplished in the last few seasons.   This is especially true as both are in “rebuilding” seasons. 

Just think that at one point West, Powell, OR, and Fulton all were in the same region around '17-'20. That was a gauntlet for sure. Fulton was still getting players at the beginning, West was coming on, Powell was stacked, OR was good as well.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Hartleyrick said:

The two best teams in the state in the same region. Could be the best game of the year. A few weeks ago they went to overtime. Powell takes this one

You are exactly right. Powell Panthers and West Rebels are great teams. This will be a good game. I guarantee it. I saw them both play and they have great players on both sides. This will not be a mercy rule win for Powell Panthers or West Rebels. It will not happen in this game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.