Quarterfinals - Powell at West

WestHigh4Life

1 hour ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

The whole ejection thing started because the refs wouldn’t blow the whistle. Deuce was bottled up being pushed back but refs just let it go and he fumbles. Game was over at the point anyways but lethargic reffing.

How did that lead to the ejection  again. Mabey a little more explanation than blaming it on the refs. Mabe the kid just lost his composure and his team was getting boat raced so he acted out. Powell running game doesn't' depend on #13 doing well, it depends on #2 running it well. If #2 is running it well then you can't key on #13. #2 didn't act like he really wanted to run it that much. Then the defense can key on #13. Or maybe West was that much better on defense than Powell was on offense. 

40 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

How did that lead to the ejection  again. Mabey a little more explanation than blaming it on the refs. Mabe the kid just lost his composure and his team was getting boat raced so he acted out. Powell running game doesn't' depend on #13 doing well, it depends on #2 running it well. If #2 is running it well then you can't key on #13. #2 didn't act like he really wanted to run it that much. Then the defense can key on #13. Or maybe West was that much better on defense than Powell was on offense. 

I mean every team is going to be protective of their qb. If the refs isn’t going to call forward progress and let them drive the qb to the dirt the team will be pretty upset. Just my take west is the better team overall I’m not doubting that I hope they bring back a championship. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knoxvegas865 said:

I mean every team is going to be protective of their qb. If the refs isn’t going to call forward progress and let them drive the qb to the dirt the team will be pretty upset. Just my take west is the better team overall I’m not doubting that I hope they bring back a championship. 

the ball was already contested when FP stopped.  You should watch it on tv. Looked  like the right call.

41 minutes ago, Knoxemdown said:

the ball was already contested when FP stopped.  You should watch it on tv. Looked  like the right call.

Idk to me looked like 5 west players dragging and contorting the qbs body while Powell players stand and wait for the whistle. Didn’t see the penalty on tv just them standing around waiting on the refs.