Waller valley and clinton

On 11/21/2023 at 4:03 PM, ILB1999 said:

Really though, you have to be careful about such accusations.  We didn't check addresses on all the kids that moved from knoxville to OR a couple years ago.  Lets not act like WE want to check them once they went from OR to Clinton.  Obviously your AD didn't want to pick that fight, and I imagine we all know why.

There are always 2-3 OR kids who play for CHS every year. It's pretty normal. That's been a thing for decades. BB and FB.

I guess split families, etc.

The ORHS AD is never going to say anything to anyone about them. Never has. Out of all of them, I've seen 1 I regret and it was Herbet Booker Sr who was a very good BB player. His son was fantastic for OR. I worked with Herbet's dad at the OR Hospital back in the early 70s.

Another one that would not surprise me if he  went to CHS is the big lineman that hurt his knee last season.  That kid's dad has a kid that played for OR and 1 played for CHS last year is why I say this.

On 11/21/2023 at 4:10 PM, atrisk said:

The kids from Knoxville were in good standing. One had to sit out almost have the year before he played. I'm thinking you can live in OR and go to Clinton with no problems. I think. Doubt that Mike Mullins or Joe Gaddis are afraid or ashamed about how they did/do their job.

You can attend AC or CHS and live in Oak Ridge if it's the Anderson County part.  

I wish kids would stay  and play for the schools they are supposed to but unfortunately thats not the World we live in today.

These kids see college players change teams  all the time now and unfortunately it's become part of the norm.

I'm old fashioned. If you live in Clinton, you play for Clinton. If you live in Powell, you play for Powell etc etc etc. But times have changed and I guess it's here to stay.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Yep, looks like the "handlers" and "agents" have taken control. Seems the metro areas have a huge advantage with this new style of assembling a team. I've lost a lot of my enthusiasm for the game because of this direction. 

This is the foreseeable future in high school football. It does take away from the purity of the game. It all started with daddy ball. "well my son is gunna be the QB, RB Etc so, we're going here and starting our own team". This is a problem from the small 1A programs all the way to 6A and privates. HS coaches trying to keep their own kids as well as bring in others, because if you don't someone in your region will. Everyone does it or at least tries to, some are just better than others and it shows on the field. 

2 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Maybe try suspending a few school's athletic programs for a couple of years to get everyone's attention. Maybe look into "contributing to the delinquency" for some of the "handlers" and    "agents". Possibly just enforce some rules.

You going to fund the TSSAA while they use resources to investigate these issues? They don't have the money time or resources to commit to this. That is why they are going to pass the 1 time transfer rule for the state sooner than later. Then they don't have to hear as much about what they can't do.

Looks into three schools in West,  three schools in Middle and three in East Tennessee. The schools you hear the most complaints about. Get tough. No advertisement no warning. Let the chips fall. I'm sure the TSSAA has that kind of manpower. No need for large funding action. Six months for three people. Possibly hire PI's. Of course no action if TSSAA is happy or unconcerned about the direction of high school sports. No, I won't give a dime.

Just now, atrisk said:

Looks into three schools in West,  three schools in Middle and three in East Tennessee. The schools you hear the most complaints about. Get tough. No advertisement no warning. Let the chips fall. I'm sure the TSSAA has that kind of manpower. No need for large funding action. Six months for three people. Possibly hire PI's. Of course no action if TSSAA is happy or unconcerned about the direction of high school sports. No, I won't give a dime.

They have 18 full time employees that show up to their office everyday for what it's worth.  You would think they could have a couple of those guys hop in a car and visit a school or two.  Why not?  I personally think they just like their heads in the sand and don't want to know just how bad it actually is.  

7 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

They have 18 full time employees that show up to their office everyday for what it's worth.  You would think they could have a couple of those guys hop in a car and visit a school or two.  Why not?  I personally think they just like their heads in the sand and don't want to know just how bad it actually is.  

I would agree that they do not care as long as they are making $$ and getting paid. My guess is they are just treading water and using a lot of resources getting more Refs