Waller valley and clinton

1 hour ago, Troller said:

The goal was to make the post season not meet your expectations and AC is not the standard who cares about AC I am 21 years old I hope I am not stuck in high school football when I am your age SMH

And there it is.  You are satisfied with being mediocre at best.  A very Clinton thing to say.  

15 minutes ago, atrisk said:

That's it......drop the "race card". The fight at the end of the game.......now this. What is Keith's record at Clinton?

It’s a dreadful losing record.  This has zero to do with his veteran status.  If you want to give him a free pass because of that go for it…you’ll continue to lose every single year.

11 minutes ago, Whs1984 said:

No idea why all the hate for Clinton's HC don't live there so not sure about how the community is but from the outside I saw a man who enjoyed coaching his son that gave everything he had for the dragons so I wish them well in whatever the future holds 

I agree with this. I think Coach Keith has done a lot of good for the program. I’m also an outsider so I don’t see the community aspect. Solely related to the football program he’s grown a lot of interest and has brought in some talented players. He’s not doing anything that any other coach isn’t doing in the recruiting game. One of the biggest positives I’ve noticed is the college connections he has leading to a lot of kids getting college offers. When the schedule was released last year you could clearly see he scheduled as tough in the non region as anybody. That non region schedule clearly had his team ready for playoff football. Just because you have a talented roster doesn’t automatically mean you’re going to beat the top programs that have equal talent but are accustomed to those types of games and winning them.

6 minutes ago, UnbiasedCoach said:

I agree with this. I think Coach Keith has done a lot of good for the program. I’m also an outsider so I don’t see the community aspect. Solely related to the football program he’s grown a lot of interest and has brought in some talented players. He’s not doing anything that any other coach isn’t doing in the recruiting game. One of the biggest positives I’ve noticed is the college connections he has leading to a lot of kids getting college offers. When the schedule was released last year you could clearly see he scheduled as tough in the non region as anybody. That non region schedule clearly had his team ready for playoff football. Just because you have a talented roster doesn’t automatically mean you’re going to beat the top programs that have equal talent but are accustomed to those types of games and winning them.

“All that talent on the roster doesn’t mean you’ll beat the top teams…”. 

-Sincerely 

Mediocracy 

“We feel good therefore we don’t care about facts.”

-Clinton Faithful 

3 minutes ago, pdover1776 said:

“All that talent on the roster doesn’t mean you’ll beat the top teams…”. 

-Sincerely 

Mediocracy 

“We feel good therefore we don’t care about facts.”

-Clinton Faithful 

Other than the LC game when the QB was hurt, name a game Clinton lost where they were the more talented team?

Cleveland, West, Powell, OR, AC all more talented. I’d say Clinton has better perimeter players than WV, but games are still won in the trenches and WV vastly superior there over Clinton. 

29 minutes ago, pdover1776 said:

Says the person with the name “troller”

I m giving you to much  attention So why don't you put your computer down go the Clinton High School and tell Coach Keith to his face all of your expert opinions please at this point I am disappointed in myself for allowing you on  this forum anger me you win now I am a loser

17 minutes ago, UnbiasedCoach said:

Other than the LC game when the QB was hurt, name a game Clinton lost where they were the more talented team?

Cleveland, West, Powell, OR, AC all more talented. I’d say Clinton has better perimeter players than WV, but games are still won in the trenches and WV vastly superior there over Clinton. 

Powell and AC.  Clinton was Absolutely more talented.  Powell lost their star receivers and QB.  Should have won that one.  AC lost a ton from a state championships team including QB and top receiver.  They haven’t played AC in a while and with a DI qb and a power 5 athlete they should have beat AC easily.  Cleveland?  Where is Cleveland now?  They went 6-5!! So YEAH they should have beat them too!  They proved on any given night they can win beating Oak Ridge…so why not the first time?  That makes them a 10+ win team.  The talent they had won’t come around until the next recruiting class.  And the TSSAA is watching closely now…so good luck with that. Also I’m sure the local players and parents are a little tired of losing out to a recruit.  They will end up going to AC making AC even stronger since they apparently know how to develop players.

Edited by pdover1776

26 minutes ago, atrisk said:

What's the big deal about going down to the school and talking to Keith? Most coaches are open to input by fans if they use the info or not. I know Rang is.

I don’t have a dog in this fight. I’m just being honest.  I grew up in Morgan County and live in Greenback now.  I’m just a high school football fan.  To me it’s the purest of levels.  I just call things like they are.  And yeah they went to the 3rd round but celebrating that as a high achieving successful season and coaching staff is very Butch Jones of people. “Champions of life”.  What Clinton folks need to be doing is A WHOLE LOT OF QUESTIONING!  Why did this talented team only go 6-7?  Why did you have to blatantly go out and recruit players to achieve this?  Why can’t you develop talent here?  How many people have a say so in this program? In other words how many people want the credit for the resurrection? Why do we keep settling for this? How much is going on behind closed doors?  And that last question is the the one that deserves to immediate answer!  I know Greenback would like those answers!

Edited by pdover1776