Anderson County comes to Greeneville

KEV-O

1 hour ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

I meannn… last time AC came to Greeneville they jumped on us 21-0 in the 1st quarter and acted like they won the Super Bowl then proceeded to lose lol.
Anyways,

I think we are gonna try to get the ball to start the game and try up jump up early and have our defense do their thing 

That game ? You mean the one where Stanton Martin,  the dual threat qb for AC got his knee hit?

The one where Greeneville fans were yelling, teasing him and openly calling for the Devils to take out his other knee?

The one where Gv fans celebrated any time AC had an injury?

The one where the AC qb finished the game on one functional leg, literally. 

Yeah, I remember that game. 

Injuries are a part of sports,  but the fan behavior on display that night was beyond terrible.  GV fans felt so entitled to a championship that when it was threatened,  they showed their true colors.  They were openly calling for GV players to hurt AC players.  And celebrated when it happened.  

8 minutes ago, TotallynotLEO said:

That game ? You mean the one where Stanton Martin,  the dual threat qb for AC got his knee hit?

The one where Greeneville fans were yelling, teasing him and openly calling for the Devils to take out his other knee?

Injuries are a part of sports,  but the fan behavior on display that night was beyond terrible.  GV fans felt so entitled to a championship that when it was threatened,  they showed their true colors.  They were openly calling for GV players to hurt AC players.  And celebrated when it happened.  

I heard a Greeneville fan kicked your dog that night too. Don't forget that. 

15 minutes ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Um not quite. Stanton did get injured and continued to play. Dude was a fighter for sure. Greeneville fans did not do an of that I think you're just looking through your blue AC glasses.

It's one thing to boo players but when you kick Ella them fighting words,!

In all honesty I was not there but I have heard a thing from time to time. But again that is here say. I know you have had a few fan on here from time to time that may have pushed the limit. 

Not noons he has always been a class act and has kept me from losing my class act lol, if I had one, from time to time.

This should be another good game. I am leaning Mavericks., of course. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

I was there.  It happened. 

Greeneville fans here have even acknowledged that it happened.  They were embarrassed for those fans and good sports about it. There's probably threads on here with it still.  

Stantons grandfather who is a doctor,  was at the game. He examined him on the sideline.  He had a torn acl. He could still play,  with pain, but was no longer a threat to run or move in the pocket much. Both of those 2018 teams were very talented, almost generational type teams. Whoever won that game was going to win it all without doubt. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Greeneville fans here have even acknowledged that it happened.  They were embarrassed for those fans and good sports about it. There's probably threads on here with it still.  

Stantons grandfather who is a doctor,  was at the game. He examined him on the sideline.  He had a torn acl. He could still play,  with pain, but was no longer a threat to run or move in the pocket much. Both of those 2018 teams were very talented, almost generational type teams. Whoever won that game was going to win it all without doubt. 

I was there too. I didn’t hear a word. If you wanna take about classes, let’s talk about the following year. AC sending us letters in the mail and sending up black flowers with “death to Greeneville” on them.

1 minute ago, TotallynotLEO said:

I remember the game from TV only/radio. And as a Mavs fan, had he not got injured, and yes I am biased, but up 21 and they had no answer to Stanton or RB because they could not cover everyone.... To me that was a lost GoldBall. But I can't say that, I guess, since we lost. Anyways we have a chance to advance tonight with higher expectations. 

24 minutes ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

I was there too. I didn’t hear a word. If you wanna take about classes, let’s talk about the following year. AC sending us letters in the mail and sending up black flowers with “death to Greeneville” on them.

I few years back way back say late 60's early 70 my brother was playing for the Lafollette Owls. On a Thursday night someone from the opposing team hung a real Owl on the goal post and mailed Black roses to the Owls. This was a home game for the owls. They managed to get the Lafollette Owls fired up and won that game big. So fast forward a few years after graduation the pranksters come forward with details. Turns out they were really Lafollette Owl fans and the worst of it was that the coach may have been involved. So it was all in fun, except the dead Owl.

Believe it or not, I was there. Still have images of that poor Owl hanging from the goal post. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

21 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I remember the game from TV only/radio. And as a Mavs fan, had he not got injured, and yes I am biased, but up 21 and they had no answer to Stanton or RB because they could not cover everyone.... To me that was a lost GoldBall. But I can't say that, I guess, since we lost. Anyways we have a chance to advance tonight with higher expectations. 

What about the 30 some un answered points?? Did stanton play defense too???