Anderson County comes to Greeneville

KEV-O

1 hour ago, TotallynotLEO said:

That game ? You mean the one where Stanton Martin,  the dual threat qb for AC got his knee hit?

The one where Greeneville fans were yelling, teasing him and openly calling for the Devils to take out his other knee?

The one where Gv fans celebrated any time AC had an injury?

The one where the AC qb finished the game on one functional leg, literally. 

Yeah, I remember that game. 

Injuries are a part of sports,  but the fan behavior on display that night was beyond terrible.  GV fans felt so entitled to a championship that when it was threatened,  they showed their true colors.  They were openly calling for GV players to hurt AC players.  And celebrated when it happened.  

Ac got up 21 to fast … they were up 21 with like 3 mins off the clock …. And then didn’t score another point??? 

4 minutes ago, ChickenLittle11 said:

What about the 30 some un answered points?? Did stanton play defense too??? 

The point is up 21 and keep scoring 30 something of points would have not been enough to stop Stanton. 

But face it we both had teams that would have won the Gold. And congratulations to that fine crew of players and coaching. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

I was there too. I didn’t hear a word. If you wanna take about classes, let’s talk about the following year. AC sending us letters in the mail and sending up black flowers with “death to Greeneville” on them.

Of course you didn't.  Doesn't mean it didn't happen.  It's been established that it did.  

The other stuff you're talking about is whataboutism. 

Celebrating an injury ≠ black flowers

It's in the past though.  I suspect most of those toxic fans from both sides have moved on.  AC had/has their share too. Every fan base does.  

To answer another posters question. He did not play defense. He threw for 4 touchdowns and 4 interceptions that night.  He had rushed for close to 1k yards that season. Throwing with one leg and no ability to scramble contributed I'm sure. If Cade (a super talented kid who could run)  had been injured, it would have doomed Greeneville.  But he wasn't,  and I'm glad he wasn't. 

Good luck to both teams and best wishes for a good injury free game for both sides.  

Good luck Mavs on your trip to the land of the frozen Green Devils at the legendary Burley Stadium, which used to have an elevated end zone in one corner where there was a big rock, but now its gone. AC is really come on and played good ball here at playoff time, and I think it will continue with the Mavs getting a close win. 28-24

19 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

I hope for an injury free game. I don’t care if the Devis win by 1 or by 20, I want a Devil win. Regardless of the outcome I will always pull for Region 1 or 2, our quadrant to win states.

Whatever happens in this game Greeneville Devils will not mercy rule Anderson Mavericks. Anderson Mavericks will not mercy rule Greeneville Devils either in this game. It will not happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

Good luck Mavs on your trip to the land of the frozen Green Devils at the legendary Burley Stadium, which used to have an elevated end zone in one corner where there was a big rock, but now its gone. AC is really come on and played good ball here at playoff time, and I think it will continue with the Mavs getting a close win. 28-24

The Rock is still there, field just got moved away from it when they put in turf.