2024 Oak Ridge Wildcats

SweetScience

On 11/18/2023 at 8:16 AM, Whs1984 said:

Hate to say it for the ridge but while 9-3 was a good year it's not like he inherited a team without talent IMO this team should have been playing for a trip to Chattanooga this Friday 

He should have and he knows it. It is what it is, I give credit to CHS instead of hating on Coach Rang. It was their game and we need to give them credit.

On 11/18/2023 at 1:08 PM, SweetScience said:

We have a lot of talent in the wings, as you are well aware. Btw, I think if Coach Green boy sticks with football he has a really bright future as a QB. I saw a lot of talent at Jeff and Robertsville, that when put together will be very formidable in the future.

He likes FB more than BB. Likely plays both. Very heady QB and R's QB has talent, too.

I watched the R vs J game and Jeff had a TE and WR that looked like they were 6'3" and could move. The WR can't catch it yet, but, he's just 7th or 8th grade.

1 minute ago, atrisk said:

All I know about the kid is he started on the OL as a Soph. Starts inside on the BB team as a Jr. He's big and athletic. I hope he plays both sports as a Sr. I doubt that he is soft, but go ahead and ask him.

Shoot, I’ll be honest. In my time playing both sports, I’d rather have run a football into the teeth of a defense, before I went into the lane against some really tough defenders in basketball. Basketball is a physical sport, just in a different way than football. I’ve about gotten my head taken off at the Civic Center a few times. 

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Porter will be more than adequate behind the OL if it stays intact. He has good size and quickness. I'm thinking OR will be better in 2024.

Most definitely. He was about 185-190 as a freshman. He has a lot of potential. Brings more pure speed to the position than Dozier had. Dozier was one of the best OR has ever had that I’ve seen, though, and that’s saying something. All of the Shawn’s - Shaun’s we’ve had, plus Jamie Redmond, Gulmire, Booker, the list goes on.