2024 Oak Ridge Wildcats

SweetScience

19 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Hope you're not insinuating that the "handlers" and "agents" have approached him.

No, but you just never know in this day and age. Plus, kids quit a lot anymore and a lot don’t stick it out all 3 years. Not saying he won’t, but always a possibility, as you know. Been so many through the years I’ve seen that were really good, just to find out the next season they aren’t even on the team anymore. The Porter’s have a long and illustrious history with the OR sports programs, so I’d be surprised if he went elsewhere, as far as that goes.

On 11/18/2023 at 1:08 PM, SweetScience said:

We have a lot of talent in the wings, as you are well aware. Btw, I think if Coach Green boy sticks with football he has a really bright future as a QB. I saw a lot of talent at Jeff and Robertsville, that when put together will be very formidable in the future.

I have read that first sentence on upcoming season OR threads since Tee was there. When does it pay off. Year in and year out, I think OR is one of the most talented teams in the area over the last several. When does that pay off with the big one or at least playing for it. Please don’t use the year y’all got beat by Summit. Everyone knows that was a fluke.

3 hours ago, Fandom101 said:

I have read that first sentence on upcoming season OR threads since Tee was there. When does it pay off. Year in and year out, I think OR is one of the most talented teams in the area over the last several. When does that pay off with the big one or at least playing for it. Please don’t use the year y’all got beat by Summit. Everyone knows that was a fluke.

I don’t know. I hope soon. It takes more than skill position athletes to be great. Football games are won and lost in the trenches, and we have been thin in those areas for years now. We have 4 returning OL next season, so that’s a step in the right direction. That’s all I’ll say.

Edited by SweetScience

Ok guys here goes. Oak Ridge has plenty of money in this town and an outstanding alumni network. Let's begin building a series of 2 bed 2.5 baths villas out on the water and go looking for football players. It won't take long before their looking for us. No parents required.  TDSSA........watcha gonna do?

9 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Ok guys here goes. Oak Ridge has plenty of money in this town and an outstanding alumni network. Let's begin building a series of 2 bed 2.5 baths villas out on the water and go looking for football players. It won't take long before their looking for us. No parents required.  TDSSA........watcha gonna do?

Those will cost too much $$$. The problem with recruiting to OR is the knox area athletes are too far away. Then the recruiters say live in OR, but they market is terrible in general but always will be terrible in OR. Too many old flipped houses from ww2 and all new builds are 400k plus. OR will have to accept that no one wants to live there that also has good sized kids who play football. OR will always and forever have athletes out the rear end but it takes both. If they were to have a chance they need to start recruiting their own county and roane county. Getting knox kids aint the way to go.

14 minutes ago, atrisk said:

I’m down. Everyone else is doing it, so why not? Go for linemen, we are never hurting for skill players.