2024 Oak Ridge Wildcats

SweetScience

3 hours ago, bounder said:

I'd say he feels worst than me about losing to Clinton and that's pretty bad. I hate losing to Clinton in anything, even checkers! lol 

WILDCAT PRIDE 

Oak Ridge Wildcats did not get mercy ruled by Clinton Dragons in the game last week. It did not happen. Oak Ridge Wildcats have a good team and they are too good to let Clinton Dragons mercy rule them. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

While OR did lose a bunch of good skill players, they will return some good ones too, and the lines may be better, and they have a seasoned quarterback returning too, which is a big plus.  I look for them to be pretty good late in the season next year.  This is year two of the odd schedule, this time starting with two really tough road games at Jefferson County and Powell. Then a bye week, followed by 5 straight home games and then close out with a road game at Bearden, followed by Lenoir City and Campbell County, I think they can again win the region with the big game being Clinton at home and Lenior City being a tough out at their place. 

I feel like 9-3 is a respectable record for a first year coach. The way the OR team conducted themselves on and off the field was also a positive. Understand Aaron Green is starting his 14th season at OR. Congrats to him. When he came to OR people were saying he would not stay long. OR is s great place to live and good people recognize this.

3 hours ago, Whs1984 said:

Hate to say it for the ridge but while 9-3 was a good year it's not like he inherited a team without talent IMO this team should have been playing for a trip to Chattanooga this Friday 

Hate to admit it but I believe you are probably correct but it didn't happen so we need to move on ( maybe with sore tails) pun intended. But let's swallow our pride and keep hating Clinton and get ready for next year.

WILDCAT PRIDE

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bounder said:

Hate to admit it but I believe you are probably correct but it didn't happen so we need to move on ( maybe with sore tails) pun intended. But let's swallow our pride and keep hating Clinton and get ready for next year.

WILDCAT PRIDE

We have a lot of talent in the wings, as you are well aware. Btw, I think if Coach Green boy sticks with football he has a really bright future as a QB. I saw a lot of talent at Jeff and Robertsville, that when put together will be very formidable in the future.