2024 Oak Ridge Wildcats

SweetScience

1 minute ago, atrisk said:

Knoxville is too far away. See Clinton thread.

Market is terrible. Houses "fly off the shelves" in this town.

Get'er done.  TSSAA....whatch gonna do.

Families that are buying the new builds/flipped houses, that you say are flying off the shelves, arent bringing in the bigger country linemen type. They will kill it in chess and cross country and maybe the swim team. The linemen type families arent living in OR anymore. They go to the country. Thats why I say try to recruit in anderson county, but outside of the OR city limits and roane county. Anyone who knows anything knows that the issue is lacking up front talent. ask sweet

2 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Besides, I'm not talking only Knoxville. I'm talking Nashville, Memphis, upper East Tennessee. I would think many of the transfers within Knox Co. have a longer commute(time and/or distance) to their chosen school than to Oak Ridge. Get'er done. TSSAA......watcha gonna do?

TSSAA only cares about the city when transferring after frosh year. As long as the address says knoxville/knox county they don't check what the address is really zoned for in knox county

I'm thinking more about the waterfront next to Calhoun's (maybe catch a glimpse of the white van when that bunch pulls in). And I'm not talking families here ("no parents required" as stated in original fantasy), I'm talking football players. I'm not talking driving around Knoxville. I'm talking talking about chauffeuring them from Villa Ln. to the school and back.

TSSAA....watcha gonna do?

10 minutes ago, atrisk said:

I'm thinking more about the waterfront next to Calhoun's (maybe catch a glimpse of the white van when that bunch pulls in). And I'm not talking families here ("no parents required" as stated in original fantasy), I'm talking football players. I'm not talking driving around Knoxville. I'm talking talking about chauffeuring them from Villa Ln. to the school and back.

TSSAA....watcha gonna do?

This had me chuckling.