Cumberland/ Pickett

smalltownguy1966

Cumberland is very young and they have some ballers.  Probably the two best 9th graders in the UC.  But there is no way they are 40 pts better than PC.  I asked some of our girls about that film and they said Pickett played really bad on D.   I didn’t see the game myself but I have seen Pickett enough to know what they have and they obviously didn’t show up in that game.   And that was a home game! :shock:

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

After watching CCHS play Clarkrange High the other night I'm going to have to disagree,  they are way better than 40 points than PC. Their press is unheard-of they beat you to death and don't get called for it so I'm sure that's why they beat PC by 36. 

Their speed is a problem for both Pickett and Clarkrange.   But I don’t think they beat PC by anywhere close to 36 this time.  They beat Clarkrange by 19.  Let’s see which PC shows up.  But don’t get me wrong CCHS can play!  They are an exciting team to watch.  

1 hour ago, ADMIRAL said:

Cumberland led Clarkrange 50-10 mid 3rd qrt. before they turned it over to their freshmen on the bench.  Lamar on the other hand left his starters in and full court pressed the remainder of the game.  Classless move from one of the winningest coaches in tenn girls basketball.  

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Ahh so it was worse than final score showed.  

What about Clarkrange and Pickett this year?? Does any have enough to make a run to the Glass House and win it?? I seen where Jackson County looks to be a littler better this year. Know they are 2 A but they have been down a bit to their standards. I do think Mckenzie lost enough last year to make Single A more competitive. They still could win it all but they lost some good players. 

1 hour ago, ADMIRAL said:

Cumberland led Clarkrange 50-10 mid 3rd qrt. before they turned it over to their freshmen on the bench.  Lamar on the other hand left his starters in and full court pressed the remainder of the game.  Classless move from one of the winningest coaches in tenn girls basketball.  

It was nice of the CCHS coaching to do that, Lamar would have done the same thing but since the games was over in the first quarter that's when he would have started subbing the younger players not mid way through the 3rd. 

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

What about Clarkrange and Pickett this year?? Does any have enough to make a run to the Glass House and win it?? I seen where Jackson County looks to be a littler better this year. Know they are 2 A but they have been down a bit to their standards. I do think Mckenzie lost enough last year to make Single A more competitive. They still could win it all but they lost some good players. 

Pickett County could be, but still may be a one and done for them like in the past. I'm hearing a lot of fussing going on between the players and was told the coach is burnt out and doesn't want to coach anymore,  which that part I find hard to believe.  But I guess come March we'll all know for sure.