THE U TRAVELS TO GREENEVILLE. LETS GO

UCSportsFan

I’m an upperman fan and even I know our schedule was not tough this year. Hardest game was macon county. Lebanon is 6a but they were not any good this year, Fayetteville is usually good but was bad. In the future we need to start making a schedule like Greenville elizabethton and Anderson county does. Anderson county’s record was not that great but they were 100% battle tested going into Greeneville last week. Upperman hasn’t played a team on Greenevilles level yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SouthFL305 said:

Um you better go research that they have played only 3 games out of region that are lower and have played up 3 games again you don’t know your stats they are undefeated in the region also beating 2 of them teams twice in the region you wanna see the them go to uppercumberlandreporter.com and watch them I’ve seen all of Greenville games so far they are good but so was Macon so was Stone so was Whitehouse so was Fayetteville so was Lebanon devils do your research then talk 

Upperman- 378 for 125 against over 13 games comes out at 29.07/game and 9.61/game.

Greeneville- 480 for 86 against over 11 games comes out at 43.63/game and 8.09/game.

There you go. Those are the facts. And none of it really matters Friday night

24 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Upperman- 378 for 125 against over 13 games comes out at 29.07/game and 9.61/game.

Greeneville- 480 for 86 against over 11 games comes out at 43.63/game and 8.09/game.

There you go. Those are the facts. And none of it really matters Friday night

They are the facts Dave. Upperman fans, I have some perspectives and would love your input on how will you deal with the following. The Devils front 6, extremely athletic, fast, explosive and have been together for 3 years. Quillen? Solid QBing that will not lose a game and Greeneville’s great team speed.

Edited by noonesfool

Yeah, Upperman’s schedule doesn’t compare to Greeneville’s.

7 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

They are the facts Dave. Upperman fans, I have some perspectives and would love your input on how will you deal with the following. The Devils front 6, extremely athletic, fast, explosive and have been together for 3 years. Quillen? Solid QBing that will not lose a game and Greeneville’s great team speed.

We have seen all of the above except for your defense. Great running backs, good qbs but your defensive line will be the difference.

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

They had 1 6A team and 2 2A teams. I looked it up. One of the 2 A teams (Smith Co) had a good season at 10-3. The other 2A team (Fayetteville) was 6-6 and the 6A (Lebanon) was 5-5. By no means were any of those schools on par with a Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett, Alcoa, Knox West, Powell or Bearden. All of those 5 and 6A teams (except Alcoa, and all know about that) were on the schedules of Elizabethton, Greeneville or Anderson County. Listen, I am not knocking the Bees. Just stating facts. If they want to take the next step, they need to play tougher opponents. There’s no shame in loosing to a better team playing up or down in class. That tough competition prepares you for the goal. And that perfect record isn’t the goal. It’s winning the last 5 games of the year, and those games all being in the playoffs! If you want to beat the best you have to play that hard schedule. And I’d like to see them move in that direction. I’m from Elizabethton, but I love watching good high school football teams. If we can’t move on in the playoffs, then Greeneville. If not Greeneville then Anderson Co. If not AC, then Upperman. I’ll pull for whoever is representing our Region, Quad or the East. But I’ll admire good football and acknowledge it when I see it. 

You do realize pearl-Cohn is playing the same teams upperman is right and if I’m not mistaken pearl-Cohn beat Anderson so what level are you talking about I’m from south Florida and I can assure you the no team in this state is on any Miami team and I would be willing to bet money on that I was at the upperman vs Elizabethton game 2 years ago that team and this team have no comparison.  You should go to uppercumberlandreporter and watch games there not much on YouTube other then them 2A games but you’ll see either way Friday 

16 minutes ago, SouthFL305 said:

You do realize pearl-Cohn is playing the same teams upperman is right and if I’m not mistaken pearl-Cohn beat Anderson so what level are you talking about I’m from south Florida and I can assure you the no team in this state is on any Miami team and I would be willing to bet money on that I was at the upperman vs Elizabethton game 2 years ago that team and this team have no comparison.  You should go to uppercumberlandreporter and watch games there not much on YouTube other then them 2A games but you’ll see either way Friday 

I don't think you realize how far off you actually are :lol:.  Pearl-Cohn in no way playing the same teams Upperman is (Your one common opponent was White House who is in their region and beat them by 50 when Upperman beat them by 14).  White house is not a good team.  Pearl-Cohn beat CPA (Playing for the State Championship) and MBA who has wins over teams like Ensworth, Brentwood Academy, & Lipscomb Academy this year.  You are definitely mistaken because PC lost to AC last year in the State Championship.

What does Miami football have to do with Tennessee?  Anyway I would bet you 1 million dollars that a lot of teams in Tennessee could beat South Miami High School Cobras, want to take that bet? 

I can agree we will definitely see Friday and don't think Upperman is a bad team just not as battle tested because of their schedule.  Good Luck and Safe Travels to Burley!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

They had 1 6A team and 2 2A teams. I looked it up. One of the 2 A teams (Smith Co) had a good season at 10-3. The other 2A team (Fayetteville) was 6-6 and the 6A (Lebanon) was 5-5. By no means were any of those schools on par with a Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett, Alcoa, Knox West, Powell or Bearden. All of those 5 and 6A teams (except Alcoa, and all know about that) were on the schedules of Elizabethton, Greeneville or Anderson County. Listen, I am not knocking the Bees. Just stating facts. If they want to take the next step, they need to play tougher opponents. There’s no shame in loosing to a better team playing up or down in class. That tough competition prepares you for the goal. And that perfect record isn’t the goal. It’s winning the last 5 games of the year, and those games all being in the playoffs! If you want to beat the best you have to play that hard schedule. And I’d like to see them move in that direction. I’m from Elizabethton, but I love watching good high school football teams. If we can’t move on in the playoffs, then Greeneville. If not Greeneville then Anderson Co. If not AC, then Upperman. I’ll pull for whoever is representing our Region, Quad or the East. But I’ll admire good football and acknowledge it when I see it. 

South Miami Cobras lmfao they are a punching bag for most Miami I’m talking about Columbus Miami Heritage. Gwen Cherry this types of teams. As far as being battle tested I think you are down playing a schedule of teams you see or faced. I mean this in the most polite way but just you saying they haven’t been battle tested doesn’t mean anything a team that plays ball plays ball no matter what you think there schedule is you prepare your team to face anyone or any team basically you’re saying that East TN is the most elite football in the state well it seems that is bull cause you haven’t played anyone over here to know what battle tests upperman has faced records don’t mean anything good luck Friday 

48 minutes ago, SouthFL305 said:

You ARE mistaken. Anderson County beat PC in the state championship last season. Do you even follow high school football??? And I have watched Upperman and PC this season. On the UCR, YouTube and NFHS. (That dude on the UCR does a fantastic job by the way). AND why are you comparing the 2021 team to the 2023 team? Of course they don’t compare. For one, some of the players have cycled through and the Bees have more experience in the 4A ranks now. I’ve said nothing negative about this team. All I’ve said is I’d like to see them play a tougher schedule to make them more battle tested for the playoffs. If that ruffles your feathers then you are content with the status quo. PUSH for more. BE MORE! Set a standard above the one you’ve already set! Anderson County followed the path of Betsy and the Devils and beefed up their schedule. Their coach couldn’t say enough about how good it was for the team. I know. You played the schedule you have. It’s not your fault if a team is up or down or if some of your region games are blowouts. I get that. We all have that too. But, FOR YOUR FUTURE, I believe a beefier schedule would benefit them in the long run. I’ve yet to make a prediction because that seems to tick off a lot more people FAST. But, I can see this game being close for a half. After that, I think G-ville pulls away. That’s my gut. I’ve given the edge to the Bees in every playoff game till now. If I’m wrong, then I’m wrong. I’ll congratulate both teams on a fine season and wish one of them good luck in the state championship game and one good luck in basketball. I really can’t say much. My team has been out for two weeks now. At least you both are still playing. Hopefully we get decent weather, a clean game, no zebra drama and an exciting and entertaining game.

2 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

You ARE mistaken. Anderson County beat PC in the state championship last season. Do you even follow high school football??? And I have watched Upperman and PC this season. On the UCR, YouTube and NFHS. (That dude on the UCR does a fantastic job by the way). AND why are you comparing the 2021 team to the 2023 team? Of course they don’t compare. For one, some of the players have cycled through and the Bees have more experience in the 4A ranks now. I’ve said nothing negative about this team. All I’ve said is I’d like to see them play a tougher schedule to make them more battle tested for the playoffs. If that ruffles your feathers then you are content with the status quo. PUSH for more. BE MORE! Set a standard above the one you’ve already set! Anderson County followed the path of Betsy and the Devils and beefed up their schedule. Their coach couldn’t say enough about how good it was for the team. I know. You played the schedule you have. It’s not your fault if a team is up or down or if some of your region games are blowouts. I get that. We all have that too. But, FOR YOUR FUTURE, I believe a beefier schedule would benefit them in the long run. I’ve yet to make a prediction because that seems to tick off a lot more people FAST. But, I can see this game being close for a half. After that, I think G-ville pulls away. That’s my gut. I’ve given the edge to the Bees in every playoff game till now. If I’m wrong, then I’m wrong. I’ll congratulate both teams on a fine season and wish one of them good luck in the state championship game and one good luck in basketball. I really can’t say much. My team has been out for two weeks now. At least you both are still playing. Hopefully we get decent weather, a clean game, no zebra drama and an exciting and entertaining game.

Basketball is to soon to tell A lot of these players play basketball they do have a freshman that balls though Ty is gonna be a monster this year. We will be there Friday night.