THE U TRAVELS TO GREENEVILLE. LETS GO

UCSportsFan

20 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

I would be really surprised if we get blown out. We’ve heard this kind of talk in the past in these semi-finals the last few years and we have proved people wrong.

And you may do it again. Like I was saying just my opinion from what I have seen. I could be 100% incorrect and have been before. 

I havnt watched anything on Greeneville yet. How many 2 way players does Greeneville have. Upperman has quite a few. If Upperman wants to get over the semifinal hump. They our going to have to figure out how to beat teams like Greeneville. Greeneville is very good from what I have heard so Upperman has to play there best game of the year to beat them. Upperman has figured out a way to win all year and I think we can beat Greeneville but definitely can’t have turnovers and lot of drive stopping penalties. Upperman can’t also get down big early and have to become one dimensional. If they do it might be a long night for them. 

13 minutes ago, UHSbees931 said:

That team had played no one before Alcoa. This team has played plenty of good teams

Who would you say the best team Upperman has played this year?  Looking at their schedule i would say they have played some decent teams but wouldn't call them really good teams by any means compared to who Greeneville has played.

50 minutes ago, Volsfan52 said:

I havnt watched anything on Greeneville yet. How many 2 way players does Greeneville have. Upperman has quite a few. If Upperman wants to get over the semifinal hump. They our going to have to figure out how to beat teams like Greeneville. Greeneville is very good from what I have heard so Upperman has to play there best game of the year to beat them. Upperman has figured out a way to win all year and I think we can beat Greeneville but definitely can’t have turnovers and lot of drive stopping penalties. Upperman can’t also get down big early and have to become one dimensional. If they do it might be a long night for them. 

Greeneville rotates a lot of players and some have been playing more both ways because of Injuries this late in the season (We had two starting guys in our secondary that didn't play last week and had two starters get hurt last week too but the backs up stepped in and didn't miss a beat).  Look for Greeneville to put pressure on you with their front 6 and make you pass it to beat us with two high safeties (Both can run in Quillen and Anderson). The front 6 have been starters for three years now and played in many big games.  Last week vs AC Greeneville shut down Moog (Up for Mr. Football) and the run game holding them to 87 yards on 29 carries (46 of those came on a QB scramble on a missed tackle and taking out one of our own players).  I was glad Greeneville got to go against a QB that could sling it last week in Hall (Had 24 passing TD's and over 3,000 yards passing on the year and started for 6a Jeff County the two previous years and holds Jeff County career passing TD record).  I don't see Upperman being able to throw anything at us that we haven't already seen this year after playing teams like Alcoa, DB, Morristown West, Betsy, and AC.

1 hour ago, Volsfan52 said:

We have a decent amount of players that play both ways. That’s pretty usual at the 4A level. Not that big of a school. Teams like DB, Oakland other 5A and 6A schools don’t have to worry about that problem as much. Not knowing much about Upperman I believe they will have to play nearly flawless to win this game