THE U TRAVELS TO GREENEVILLE. LETS GO

UCSportsFan

11 hours ago, Slingitdownfield said:

I will say this about upperman, in 2013 they came to Alcoa, riding very high on a qb that never got sacked or dirty, their fans were obnoxious, talked trash even in the ticket lines that went to the bottom of the hill. Their players, namely the qb was better than anyone in the state to hear them talk!!!! At half time they wished they had never crossed the plateau! That qb couldn’t even tell what number he was nor what their colors were. By the end of the fourth, they had 75 hung on them. I said all that to say this, upperman can be a great program but they are their worst enemies, like the next year were beat AGAIN, on their own field but blame the refs on their OWN  muddy azz field that was offered to be played at tech because of all the rain, but THEY would NOT!!! But yet cried about the game!!! AGAIN, to be the man, BEAT  the man, in this case the devils!!!!! Greenville by 14!!!!!! 

To be fair, that night it only rained on Upperman's side of the field, the opponent's side was bone dry, so the Upperman complaint stands....... next! .........      (heh-heh)

• Like 1

WORDS OF CAUTION:

In 2021, Greeneville was undefeated and Ranked #1 in 4A. They ended Elizabethton’s 31 game winning streak by defeating them at their house 44-12. A BEAT DOWN! Fast forward to the quarter finals. The Cyclones come in to Burley Stadium in G-Vegas as considerable underdogs. Yet, walk away with a 13-7 victory. Coaching and player execution of a brilliant game plan can be the difference. PC looks the part. Greeneville looked the part. Tullahomma looked the part in 2020. Ask them about their rematch with Nolensville in the quarters. The next two weeks, anyone can win. Haywood, Pearl Cohn, Greeneville and Upperman all have a legitimate shot at that Gold Ball. I expect the team with the best game plan and execution of that plan will win. When you get to this point, coaching is a factor. Mostly, you can’t just out talent a team anymore. It takes a complete effort from the top down to achieve the goal. Let’s see which staff has the goods and can guide their teams to glory. 
Josh Puckett, Tony Brunetti, Eddie Spradlen and Adam Caine. Good luck gentleman.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Thats not the goat. Until someone has 74 tds in a season, 2700 pass and 2600 rushing in a season, scores 9 tds in a playoff game, and has 125 career tds....the goat will be Conner "Sunshine" York. 

22 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Thats not the goat. Until someone has 74 tds in a season, 2700 pass and 2600 rushing in a season, scores 9 tds in a playoff game, and has 125 career tds....the goat will be Conner "Sunshine" York. 

The running back goat idiot. Obviously you can’t compare a qb to an rb 

13 hours ago, Khall555 said:

A little biased is an understatement you would think Upperman was capable of beating the Alabama Crimson Tide listening to those guys. Plus they will disrespect the opponent and refs every chance they get.

I agree. They favor upperman compared to all the uppercumberland teams. They always cover them the most no matter what sport. They barley cover any on gabe borders whenever he is a two time mr football finalist 

31 minutes ago, BigMan101 said:

I agree. They favor upperman compared to all the uppercumberland teams. They always cover them the most no matter what sport. They barley cover any on gabe borders whenever he is a two time mr football finalist 

They intentionally kept him off their ballots to make sure he doesn’t win it. 

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

You weren't Joking when you said a little biased :lol:  I just listened to their coaches show from yesterday and good lord.  First they said Alcoa was leading at Half when being tied 7 to 7 when the game was called right before half and then tried to compare Tennessee High to Fayetteville as being the same level (2a vs 5a) with Fayettville losing in the playoffs to Smith County by 33 and Tennessee High lost to Powell by 28 in the playoffs. (Do they really think Smith County is on Powell's level and Fayetteville is on Tennessee highs level this year?).  They also think everyone on CoachT are idiots and they know it all like people on here can't watch film on both teams :rolleyes:. Atleast they admitted at the end they were homers and think those two guys will be humbled a little come Friday.  May the best team win!!! :popcorneater:

Happy Thanksgiving to you Crow,  I always respect and enjoy your posts.  You're a realist

To their defense we bring a lot of sponsors to them and they are local. No doubt that Greenville as played stronger competition. Being tied with Alcoa at half shows the strength of Greenville and Anderson county is probably a better team than anyone on our schedule. Happy Thanksgiving to you brother. It’s going to be a great day for football win or lose. 

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

WORDS OF CAUTION:

In 2021, Greeneville was undefeated and Ranked #1 in 4A. They ended Elizabethton’s 31 game winning streak by defeating them at their house 44-12. A BEAT DOWN! Fast forward to the quarter finals. The Cyclones come in to Burley Stadium in G-Vegas as considerable underdogs. Yet, walk away with a 13-7 victory. Coaching and player execution of a brilliant game plan can be the difference. PC looks the part. Greeneville looked the part. Tullahomma looked the part in 2020. Ask them about their rematch with Nolensville in the quarters. The next two weeks, anyone can win. Haywood, Pearl Cohn, Greeneville and Upperman all have a legitimate shot at that Gold Ball. I expect the team with the best game plan and execution of that plan will win. When you get to this point, coaching is a factor. Mostly, you can’t just out talent a team anymore. It takes a complete effort from the top down to achieve the goal. Let’s see which staff has the goods and can guide their teams to glory. 
Josh Puckett, Tony Brunetti, Eddie Spradlen and Adam Caine. Good luck gentleman.

Very good comment , you hit the nail on the head ! 

2 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

WORDS OF CAUTION:

This is not an excuse for 2021 but I feel like it needs to be said. We all knew beating Betsy twice was gonna be hard. Especially with how phenomenal we played them in the regular season. They still had Bryson Rollins and Jake made an absolute ridiculous catch in the playoff game he would catch maybe 1/100 times if you tired it again. Also we had players hurt in the playoff game. Yes injuries and crazy plays are a part of any sport. That’s why you play the game. You never know. Just felt like pointing those things out

3 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

WORDS OF CAUTION:

Now that are some great words and I 100% agree with that. At this time of season these games are carried by game plans and the coaches and players that want it the most they play till that last whistle. Tomorrow night will be full of adrenaline and fight till the very end good luck everyone see you there 

1 hour ago, GreeneDevil2020 said:

This is not an excuse for 2021 but I feel like it needs to be said. We all knew beating Betsy twice was gonna be hard. Especially with how phenomenal we played them in the regular season. They still had Bryson Rollins and Jake made an absolute ridiculous catch in the playoff game he would catch maybe 1/100 times if you tired it again. Also we had players hurt in the playoff game. Yes injuries and crazy plays are a part of any sport. That’s why you play the game. You never know. Just felt like pointing those things out

Elizabethton’s game plan was simple. Run Bryson as many times as it takes. Eat up clock. Keep our defense on the sideline and keep Gudger on his. He can’t hurt us watching from the side. And yes. That was one heck of a grab. I thought he was throwing it away. Surprised the heck out of me when he caught it. And injuries do suck, but they are just a part of the game. In 19, Rollins played with a torn maniacs from the first Greeneville game on. Had surgery after the season and missed baseball. In 20, he pulled a hamstring in the Central game, sliding to avoid contact! If you go look at the stats in those first two playoff games, he ran the ball maybe 5 times. Total. One reason to move Parker Hughes to RB to get him more touches. And if I remember right, in 19, Youngblood was pretty banged up in the playoff game too. Those dudes were all ballers and a joy to watch.