Clinton Dragons 2024

92Dragon

15 hours ago, atrisk said:

Same boat most teams are in. What starters or returning impact players will be returning from this year's team.

Right off hand, returning starters that come to mind are #1 Jeremiah Lee, #5 Levell (not sure if I spelled it right) #7 Bryson Maddox, I'm sure there are more 

Replacing #3 Keith will be huge. 

Not sure who will be at running back and hopefully we can have some linemen step up and fill the holes of #77 and #73 graduating 

I would love to see the defense continue to improve and get better. I wish we could have a defense compared to West. 

Every team this time of year is losing some great senior players that will have to be replaced, OR has the big 3, Heyward, Rembert and Dozier,  but the Clinton situation is extreme in loss of production and starters. The real story is here is what they are losing.  Senior starters include J. Graham, J Hundley, J Kieth, W Phillips, J Goins, C. Felts, L. Pendergrass, and OL/DL senior starters R Seviers, P Searle, G Lee, D Ortiz and E. Page.  I'm not sure how to replace basically 100% of their offensive production, all but one skill player and 7 starters off the defense. That's a tough reality to face.  It's literally like starting all over with way less talent and difference makers than this years roster.  If the coach stays it will definitely be the biggest challenge of his coaching career.  

Edited by oridgecat

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Coach Keith’s white van will be making its rounds. 

i'm not sure if too many kids are going to sign up to play there with what little is left of the roster.  The grass in Clinton will not be greener in 2024, it will be brown.  No offence 92, but man what a rebuild job for somebody.  I predict Keith hangs it up at Clinton.  

30 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

i'm not sure if too many kids are going to sign up to play there with what little is left of the roster.  The grass in Clinton will not be greener in 2024, it will be brown.  No offence 92, but man what a rebuild job for somebody.  I predict Keith hangs it up at Clinton.  

Yea his best recruiter is gone.What would make a kid want to join up now.4 yr rebuild culminated into a couple of playoff wins in a down yr in 5a.Still finished  with a losing record and all the problems from the season.The talk was 2 of the only guys that would be returning that played are transferring again.I know Lt.Flip flops accomplished his ultimate goal of beating Oak Ridge but reality is about to smack them in the face again.

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

No offense taken. You're right. It's going to be very difficult to replace the graduating seniors and any of the underclassman that decide to transfer out.

With all this talk about not being able to rebuild or replace the talent will just motivate Coach Keith and the coaching staff to prove everyone wrong. They literally use the doubters and criticism as motivation.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the off-season for sure.