Clinton Dragons 2024

92Dragon

13 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

It seems like Clinton would've already been punished by TSSAA by now if they had proof of them doing something illegal, but I don't know how long it takes to investigate something like that. 

Honestly I think it’s just gotten to the point where they just let it slide. It has become so rampant, you’d pretty much have to hire a small army to investigate all the corruption that’s going on right now in the high school ranks in this state. They just don’t have the time nor manpower to do that. Just my opinion.

Edited by SweetScience

3 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

It seems like Clinton would've already been punished by TSSAA by now if they had proof of them doing something illegal, but I don't know how long it takes to investigate something like that. 

I don't think anything will come of it.  It may have been a bigger deal had Clinton had a great regular season like 9-1 and was whippin' up on everybody including OR and AC regular season.  But when you go 4-6,  I don't think anybody really cares enough to make anything of it. They came, they played, they did ok, now they're gone and Clinton will return to what more resembles the "norm" for a Clinton football team.  

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Honestly I think it’s just gotten to the point where they just let it slide. It has become so rampant, you’d pretty much have to hire a small army to investigate all the corruption that’s going on right now in the high school ranks in this state. They just don’t have the time or manpower to do that. Just my opinion.

I didn't think about that, you're probably right.

22 hours ago, oridgecat said:

They didn't get any that would have contributed this year.  That always happens, they get a few "Oak Ridge kids" every year, but only one of them ever has really contributed or started for them and that was not this year.  If you leave OR to play for Clinton, good luck to ya.  Means you can't start at OR.  

Exactly! How many of those OR guys made an impact? If an OR athlete wants to go to Clinton, I'd help him or her make the move! If I were a Clinton fan and a Clinton athlete wanted to go to OR, I'd do the same...sayonara and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out of town!!!

1 minute ago, wolfgang said:

Exactly! How many of those OR guys made an impact? If an OR athlete wants to go to Clinton, I'd help him or her make the move! If I were a Clinton fan and a Clinton athlete wanted to go to OR, I'd do the same...sayonara and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out of town!!!

Exactly and that goes for players and former coaches.