Bearden Basketball

JournalEntry

On 12/26/2023 at 10:37 PM, JournalEntry said:

Nothing against Jeremy, at all. Been following him since he started at BHS a few years ago. He’s just a stark contrast from his predecessor Coach Mark Blevins. I think with more experience we will see how he truly does. It has to be hard for Jeremy to always be thought of as the young guy or new coach having to follow in the footsteps of a legend.

Look, I’ve been staying pretty quiet because I really don’t wanna get into this, but you’re just mind blowing like I’m not denying you’re a Bearden fan, but the fact that you can’t get through your mind that Pruitt is a good coach or a great coach which is what he is, Mark was awesome what he did at Bearden will go down in history, but Pruitt took what Mark was doing and has ran with it and you talking about this team and how you think they should approve which I agree and I’m sure the coaching staff as well see’s, but you said you’ve been following Bearden basketball for two decades well if you’ve been following for two decades, you should realize that this is the one of the youngest teams that Bearden has ever had since the I don’t even know when only two seniors that really get any playing time. The rest are sophomores and juniors. Arguably the two best players on the team, Brody and Nordin, are both sophomores, following right behind King and Blair, who are juniors. They’ve always been good for Bearden as freshman sophomores and currently as juniors, so imagine what their senior years are going to be, and even still, it’s not really a “down year.” We’re actually having a great year, considering we’re pretty young with only two seniors getting playing time.

On 12/28/2023 at 11:32 PM, Dawgz4life said:

Look, I’ve been staying pretty quiet because I really don’t wanna get into this, but you’re just mind blowing like I’m not denying you’re a Bearden fan, but the fact that you can’t get through your mind that Pruitt is a good coach or a great coach which is what he is, Mark was awesome what he did at Bearden will go down in history, but Pruitt took what Mark was doing and has ran with it and you talking about this team and how you think they should approve which I agree and I’m sure the coaching staff as well see’s, but you said you’ve been following Bearden basketball for two decades well if you’ve been following for two decades, you should realize that this is the one of the youngest teams that Bearden has ever had since the I don’t even know when only two seniors that really get any playing time. The rest are sophomores and juniors. Arguably the two best players on the team, Brody and Nordin, are both sophomores, following right behind King and Blair, who are juniors. They’ve always been good for Bearden as freshman sophomores and currently as juniors, so imagine what their senior years are going to be, and even still, it’s not really a “down year.” We’re actually having a great year, considering we’re pretty young with only two seniors getting playing time.

I've gotten intel that journal entry is an account  run by a former member of the past bearden football staff. Apparently some are NOT fond of the basketball programs and new football program at Bearden. Ultimate troll. 

• Like 2

On 1/3/2024 at 9:02 AM, Stinger24 said:

I've gotten intel that journal entry is an account  run by a former member of the past bearden football staff. Apparently some are NOT fond of the basketball programs and new football program at Bearden. Ultimate troll. 

Not quite, Stinker. 

On 12/6/2023 at 1:44 PM, JournalEntry said:

I believe his first year was 2018-2019. Jeremy took over for legendary Coach Mark Blevins when coach took a job out of state. @OneEyedKing

Coach Parrot took over during the 2016-17 season.  My son played for Catholic and they played Bearden twice that year.  The Irish beat Bearden 82-51 at Bearden and then on senior night at Catholic they beat them 67-63.  Bearden was really young then starting all sophomores.  Catholic started 3 seniors and 2 juniors and finished the season 31-2 they were also the Class AA state runner-ups.

On 12/28/2023 at 11:32 PM, Dawgz4life said:

*Parrott

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 7:18 PM, JournalEntry said:

I hope Jeremy was able to rally the boys during the snow and get some practices in. I know we needed it. Looking forward to the make up games. Wish he would’ve spread them out a little bit more.

Tough to do this late in the season. Central has 8 games in 10 days.