Most Anticipated

StarBright87

I wished I would have started this topic earlier cause the game we've been waiting on is upon us, we don't have too time to discuss this, Oakland vs Bc is this the most anticipated game in TN history, from a broader POV I say yes, I think Oakland vs Lipscomb in '21 could match this the best private vs the best public that year, the only reason I give this the nod Oakland vs Lipscomb was kind of last minute due to covid, this game has been building all season.

Only probably for the tri cities folks my most anticipated game was Greeneville vs Ac in '18, after they played in '17 I think soon after they already started a tread for Greeneville vs Ac for the next season, there was multiple threads an I believe one thread reached over 200 pages, it was so much trash talking for that game, Oakland/Bc is my #2

Most anticipated in Tennessee history?  No disrespect but I really don't think so from an Oakland point of view.   For BC I could see how it would be the biggest matchup in their history.   Oakland has faced a multitude of very talented teams just in the Creasy era.  I would put some of those Maryville teams right up there.   Some big private schools like you mentioned LA and CPA that same year.   Both games went to the final play with Oakland making goal line stops as clock expired.   Also several big out of state games with lots of talent on all sides. 

This is certainly very highly anticipated and could certainly go either way but the difference is that these Oakland seniors have been there for almost all these games.  It may be BC's first rodeo but it isn't Oakland's.  

Regardless, it is the matchup we've all been waiting on this year.   Hope it's a good clean game with no injuries and no officiating issues.   Go Patriots!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

I wished I would have started this topic earlier cause the game we've been waiting on is upon us, we don't have too time to discuss this, Oakland vs Bc is this the most anticipated game in TN history, from a broader POV I say yes, I think Oakland vs Lipscomb in '21 could match this the best private vs the best public that year, the only reason I give this the nod Oakland vs Lipscomb was kind of last minute due to covid, this game has been building all season.

Only probably for the tri cities folks my most anticipated game was Greeneville vs Ac in '18, after they played in '17 I think soon after they already started a tread for Greeneville vs Ac for the next season, there was multiple threads an I believe one thread reached over 200 pages, it was so much trash talking for that game, Oakland/Bc is my #2

Booger just sayin Nope Head Shake GIF - Nope Head Shake Danny Devito - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Most anticipated in Tennessee history?  No disrespect but I really don't think so from an Oakland point of view.   For BC I could see how it would be the biggest matchup in their history.   Oakland has faced a multitude of very talented teams just in the Creasy era.  I would put some of those Maryville teams right up there.   Some big private schools like you mentioned LA and CPA that same year.   Both games went to the final play with Oakland making goal line stops as clock expired.   Also several big out of state games with lots of talent on all sides. 

This is certainly very highly anticipated and could certainly go either way but the difference is that these Oakland seniors have been there for almost all these games.  It may be BC's first rodeo but it isn't Oakland's.  

Regardless, it is the matchup we've all been waiting on this year.   Hope it's a good clean game with no injuries and no officiating issues.   Go Patriots!

Most anticipated matchup in Tennessee history? Not so sure. Most anticipated this season, very possible, although next week's McCallie - Baylor match up could be just as big or larger.

Biggest game in Bradley History? Maybe, but I can think of the '76 Championship (a 50-48 3 OT battle, named by some services as the most exciting game of the year) and a few matchups with Cleveland that might be bigger in our minds. Or maybe the 1995 loss to Farragut.

Bradley is playing their 107th season, so there are quite a few games (1,133 to be exact) to choose from when you discuss the top game for us.

But without a doubt this is right up there at the top level, because it has been a while since we have been at this level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

Everything you said were all good points

51 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

Most anticipated matchup in Tennessee history? Not so sure. Most anticipated this season, very possible, although next week's McCallie - Baylor match up could be just as big or larger.

Biggest game in Bradley History? Maybe, but I can think of the '76 Championship (a 50-48 3 OT battle, named by some services as the most exciting game of the year) and a few matchups with Cleveland that might be bigger in our minds. Or maybe the 1995 loss to Farragut.

Bradley is playing their 107th season, so there are quite a few games (1,133 to be exact) to choose from when you discuss the top game for us.

But without a doubt this is right up there at the top level, because it has been a while since we have been at this level.

Yes it's very hard to choose, I know I woke up this morning pumping my chest like I was going to run out on the field tonight, that's how Amp up I am for this game