Oak Ridge Basketball

bounder

56 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

Also, congrats to both the boys and the girls for clenching their respective District Championships and a trip to the region tournament.

I can’t get over how much the girls have improved. They’re really hitting on all cylinders. The boys are slowly but surely adjusting to playing without Brennan, which has been nice to see. The emergence of the Sophomore CT (I don’t wanna misspell his last name, so using his initials instead) has been nice to watch. That guy is going to be really good.

56 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I can’t get over how much the girls have improved. They’re really hitting on all cylinders. The boys are slowly but surely adjusting to playing without Brennan, which has been nice to see. The emergence of the Sophomore CT (I don’t wanna misspell his last name, so using his initials instead) has been nice to watch. That guy is going to be really good.

Well, having the gang all back sure helps.  I think the opposing coaches are having a hard time defensing us.  Right now they are tripling #5 inside, but that frees up everyone else.  Defensively we are much, much better.  However, need to be if we want to go back to State.  East Tennessee is deep this year.

I would agree that the boys are finding their way without Brennen.  Ray Ray and Caden are playing much better and not rushing their shots.  I like our chances in the District the way we are playing the past 2 games.  

7 hours ago, SweetScience said:

He and the freshman backup PG are darn good for kids. They keep gaining confidence, that's good depth for post season

On 2/6/2024 at 2:31 PM, boyfromsi said:

Well, having the gang all back sure helps.  I think the opposing coaches are having a hard time defensing us.  Right now they are tripling #5 inside, but that frees up everyone else.  Defensively we are much, much better.  However, need to be if we want to go back to State.  East Tennessee is deep this year.

I would agree that the boys are finding their way without Brennen.  Ray Ray and Caden are playing much better and not rushing their shots.  I like our chances in the District the way we are playing the past 2 games.  

I think Oak Ridge will cruise to another district title. But when the region rolls around, gotta get their big boy shorts on to advance.  

Edited by Orangeslide

38 minutes ago, Orangeslide said:

I think Oak Ridge will cruise to another district title. But when the region rolls around, gotta get their big boy shorts on to advance.  

In all fairness, all the rest of the region does too. Any of the top teams can beat the other on any given night. OR has as good a shot as any of the rest.