Oak Ridge Basketball

bounder

14 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Just not a very good effort on OR's part last night. This team needs to gain some consistency. Possibly could go to state, could possibly not make it out of the region.

It was ugly and we still had a chance to win.  We have not come out of the snow break very well.  Fortunately, we have some practice days before a busy end to the season.  I think we will bounce back.

Learning to play without a 3 year starter, Senior leader In Brennan is gonna take some time and adjustment too. Him being missing off the team has definitely had a negative effect. 

On a bright note, the OR girls are really starting to hit their stride.

Edited by SweetScience

Team did not play well in the he Bahamas nor the Arby's Classic. Both tournaments with 3 year starter. They have beaten teams do to having better talent. Don't get me wrong, I think we have a excellent coaching staff. Sometimes the misbehaving adult behavior chews itself right into a team. The girls are playing much, much better. What happened to their thread?

1 hour ago, atrisk said:

Team did not play well in the he Bahamas nor the Arby's Classic. Both tournaments with 3 year starter. They have beaten teams do to having better talent. Don't get me wrong, I think we have an excellent coaching staff. Sometimes the misbehaving adult behavior chews itself right into a team. The girls are playing much, much better. What happened to their thread?

I do agree that we just haven’t looked as good this year as we typically have, but the offense is completely out of sync compared to what it was even earlier in the year. To put things into perspective, we scored 81 against Karns last time we played them. There’s an obvious dip-off from Brennan to his replacement, let’s be real. To be honest, though, we are still 18-6 and last night was our first district loss all season so far. And to add to that, we played AWFUL and only lost by 6 points. Most teams would love to be in our position right now. As OR fans, we have been spoiled throughout the years with watching great basketball, even long before Aaron Green came on the scene, as great as he has been. It’s kinda ridiculous for us to even be complaining considering all that. Haha.

Plus, we gotta give Karns credit, too. They’re a talented bunch, and are always tough to beat at home. Much better than their record shows. If we were even semi competent on FTs last night, we win the game, but we weren’t.

Edited by SweetScience

I hope post readers don't think I'm throwing shade at the Cat's. Decades of good high school sports. Just seems there's a glitch with team play. Again, maybe it's just me. Thinking maybe coaches are practicing new schemes and trying new lineups for the tournaments. The return of a couple of players have really helped the girls.

2 minutes ago, atrisk said:

I hope post readers don't think I'm throwing shade at the Cat's. Decades of good high school sports. Just seems there's a glitch with team play. Again, maybe it's just me. Thinking maybe coaches are practicing new schemes and trying new lineups for the tournaments. The return of a couple of players have really helped the girls.

No, I get it, something has seemed off a bit this year, especially considering we brought just about everyone back from a team that was really quality last year, so it’s not just you. I feel it too. Just putting things into perspective, that’s all.

And you can say that again about the girls. The return players have made a humongous difference.