Page and West

Whs1984

29-1 for the last two seasons with two gold balls.  Can any other team say that?  No other analysis needed.

This year’s team was tired of hearing how they weren’t as good as last year’s team and how we were rebuilding.  They reloaded with another gold ball.  

Really no need to discuss the how - it was 24-19 when the horn sounded and the West D held when needed.  Great teams just find a way to win.  Congratulations to these players and these coaches for showing how to build a program rather than just a team.  

Woulda Coulda Shoulda - but really enjoyed watching the second gold ball rolling down Northshore in the Christmas Parade. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MeritIII said:

29-1 for the last two seasons with two gold balls.  Can any other team say that?  No other analysis needed.

This year’s team was tired of hearing how they weren’t as good as last year’s team and how we were rebuilding.  They reloaded with another gold ball.  

Really no need to discuss the how - it was 24-19 when the horn sounded and the West D held when needed.  Great teams just find a way to win.  Congratulations to these players and these coaches for showing how to build a program rather than just a team.  

Woulda Coulda Shoulda - but really enjoyed watching the second gold ball rolling down Northshore in the Christmas Parade. 

It was nice seeing that and seeing the players and coaches getting ring sized here soon.

Go Rebels!

Edited by WestHigh4Life

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 7:38 AM, Slingitdownfield said:

When you dominate, haters, losers, cry babies, & everyone gets a trophy crowd will show up here & try & take that joy of being a champion year in & year out away. Now westhigh4life, set back & enjoy your gold ball & letem hate!!! Lmbo!!! You guys are true 5A champions!!!! That’s your credit my friend!!

Thanks brother and very well said!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Rebels lookin good for 2024.  They are returning 106 10-12th graders and are expecting up to 60 freshmen to come out.  They're going to need more locker room space, and game and practice gear.  Good problem to have.  Go Rebs

are these real numbers?

6 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

are these real numbers?

As of today 100% accurate as told to me today by one of the coaches.  I said up to 60 freshmen but they have 45 coming in that they know of, but there is usually 15 or so that show up as new students and come out in the fall.  But 106 10-12 is the count as of 10 am today.  

7 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

As of today 100% accurate as told to me today by one of the coaches.  I said up to 60 freshmen but they have 45 coming in that they know of, but there is usually 15 or so that show up as new students and come out in the fall.  But 106 10-12 is the count as of 10 am today.  

those are pretty crazy numbers.  with their record of developing players that doesn't bode well for competition.

12 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

those are pretty crazy numbers.  with their record of developing players that doesn't bode well for competition.

that's exactly what I was thinking, they appear to be building momentum rapidly coming off the back to back ships.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

that's exactly what I was thinking, they appear to be building momentum rapidly coming off the back to back ships.  

and the way they've developed kids that no one had heard of out of middle school into top performers for five or six years now.  They've had some bonafide all stars as well, but that depth comes from development.  

Edited by ILB1999

24 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

and the they've developed kids that no one had heard of out of middle school into top performers for five or six years now.  They've had some bonafide all stars as well, but that depth comes from development.  

exactly right.  And here's the thing.  Almost every one of the coaches are full time in the building, and that's huge in keeping that many kids out of trouble and eligible for play.   Great staff, almost zero turnover in coaches over last 6 years.  Plus, incredible support from the admin and the athletic council that raises funds among many other things when needed.  With this number of players in the program they are sure to need additional locker room space and equipment (helmets, pads, uniforms for game and practice).  But the support is in place to provide their needs.  The program is probably in the best shape it's ever been.  

• Upvote 1