Liberty Tech coach resigns

ReitzFan

On 2/5/2024 at 3:36 PM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Why does Liberty seem to be the redheaded stepchild of the Madison Co School system  

Just seems like they're always getting the short end of the stick. All this despite the school showing so much promise in its earlier years

TryNotToSuck did a pretty good job of summarizing their thought process, but I get what you're saying... what on earth would cause that way of thinking??? Liberty Tech achieved all their goals, and in a hurry. Both basketball programs and football were state championship level, and the rest were very good and getting to where they wanted to be as well...all at once coaches started leaving like rats running from a barn fire, and championship level teams were struggling to get a win here and there. Programs are not easy to build, so I am left wondering why they were abandoned, just like you are.

As for JCM, they tried to build athletics up too quickly there...Hired some big names to some big money contracts, while champion coaches were "earning" much less money for much more work. I personally thought that there'd be lawsuits and coaches leaving their other schools, but only the big money was pulled off the table and Rudesill & Shutes grinned all the way to the bank on their way out. The rest of the story is left to be written.

Edit

Lawsuits are still a possibility...go watch one of their coaches jerk his kids around by their limbs and jerseys while screaming in their faces. Makes Bobby Knight look like Dean Smith.

Edited by tradertwo