Liberty Tech coach resigns

ReitzFan

12 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

It really is a sad situation at Liberty. 

I just do not know who they could get to take that job, maybe a middle school coach who is looking to try to get HC experience, but I do not think they have enough to offer to hire a better coach. They need someone who has a history of rebuilding a program and is ready for a 4-5 year commitment to rebuilding it. JMCSS is going to have to spend money and get a truly competent staff in there as well. At one point I heard that Liberty doesn't have a weight room program, they would go to the weight room and workout whatever they wanted to or not at all.

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Liberty was probably the closest thing Henry County had to a rivalry for a few years in the late 2000s-early 2010s. Sad to see how far and hard that program has fallen in such a short time. 

Just mincing words, but it didn't "fall"... it was shoved down.

Lived my entire life in NWTN & this thread seems to have some heavy stuff here that I honestly had no idea. Somebody local to Henry County that's on their competitive level in HS football? Then goes 0-37? Shoved down? I'm not looking for a witch hunt here, I'm just missing the season being over & chatter on the T.  So, just asking what has happened there over the past decade or so to have such a turn down? Politics? Crime? Money?

Does this mirror what's happened to the once powerful Humboldt?

Just for conversation.

13 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

Lived my entire life in NWTN & this thread seems to have some heavy stuff here that I honestly had no idea. Somebody local to Henry County that's on their competitive level in HS football? Then goes 0-37? Shoved down? I'm not looking for a witch hunt here, I'm just missing the season being over & chatter on the T.  So, just asking what has happened there over the past decade or so to have such a turn down? Politics? Crime? Money?

Does this mirror what's happened to the once powerful Humboldt?

Just for conversation.

Short recap...

Liberty's "Magnet" designation accomplishes the goal of JMCSS by attracting athletes from all over Madison County. Multiple teams compete at championship level including Football, with region titles and championship game appearances. 

JMCSS "support" for Liberty Tech's athletic programs withers to nothing, and multiple great coaches leave like rats running from a barn fire. The caliber of coaches there during their run was amazing.

JMCSS has a new "crown jewel" in JCM, and all the favoritism that used to be shown Liberty now is directed to them. Longtime loyal coaches at other JMCSS schools with championships in their resume' received no raises, while new hires at JCM were compensated much more with no classroom duties (those coaches have now left JCM because JMCSS couldn't maintain it).

That was 15 years condensed into 15 seconds of reading. There are more details, but that's the recipe for the rise and fall of Liberty Tech Magnet's athletic programs.

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Short recap...

Liberty's "Magnet" designation accomplishes the goal of JMCSS by attracting athletes from all over Madison County. Multiple teams compete at championship level including Football, with region titles and championship game appearances. 

JMCSS "support" for Liberty Tech's athletic programs withers to nothing, and multiple great coaches leave like rats running from a barn fire. The caliber of coaches there during their run was amazing.

JMCSS has a new "crown jewel" in JCM, and all the favoritism that used to be shown Liberty now is directed to them. Longtime loyal coaches at other JMCSS schools with championships in their resume' received no raises, while new hires at JCM were compensated much more with no classroom duties (those coaches have now left JCM because JMCSS couldn't maintain it).

That was 15 years condensed into 15 seconds of reading. There are more details, but that's the recipe for the rise and fall of Liberty Tech Magnet's athletic programs.

Couldn't say it any better.

I remember going to a middle school game there. Maybe 2017 or 2018. I couldn't believe the disarray of the stadium. Weeds were growing through the track surface and the sideline had grass above my ankles.

I was there in 2019 for their last head to head win. Not sure of the right adjective. Press box was a mess. What I remember most about the night was that we had attempted for an entire week to get a roster with zero success. It's time for the game and they can't find the chains. They were locked up in a shed and couldn't find the key. Once they were able to get chains there was no chain crew and had to get volunteers. I couldn't believe just how far down things were allowed to become. 

On 1/8/2024 at 10:32 PM, tradertwo said:

Short recap...

Wow!  Interesting. Thanks, this is surprising/non-surprising. It's almost like Special School DIstricts are the mob bosses of HS  sports. Honestly, I'd never even heard of Liberty until the last few years. So, with that limited scope, you can imagine the perplexed look on my face when I read about Henry County & their esteemed history. LOL. So now I have family that plays HS soccer (Westview) & they played Madison Academic this year. Again, I had to look them up as I'd never heard of them either. Kids played good soccer, blah, blah. Will they be the new "it" team in line after Liberty- JCM? With JCM maybe half mile away, will that new stadium come into play for both schools? Or is the stadium another notch in the stick of pretty much what you explained before? 

Liberty Crusaders use to have a real good coach. They mercy ruled a lot of teams when he was the coach. Liberty Crusaders need to get that coach back and they will mercy rule more teams. The only teams they could not mercy rule when he coached Liberty Crusaders was Alcoa Tornado and Christ Presbyterian Lions. If they got him back they would mercy rule a lot of teams again. I guarantee you it would happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

2 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

Wow!  Interesting. Thanks, this is surprising/non-surprising. It's almost like Special School DIstricts are the mob bosses of HS  sports. Honestly, I'd never even heard of Liberty until the last few years. So, with that limited scope, you can imagine the perplexed look on my face when I read about Henry County & their esteemed history. LOL. So now I have family that plays HS soccer (Westview) & they played Madison Academic this year. Again, I had to look them up as I'd never heard of them either. Kids played good soccer, blah, blah. Will they be the new "it" team in line after Liberty- JCM? With JCM maybe half mile away, will that new stadium come into play for both schools? Or is the stadium another notch in the stick of pretty much what you explained before? 

Hard to tell what they'll do in the future SpottedGoat... their mode of operation allows them the freedom to shuffle the deck with their schools as they choose. They operate as a "zoned" system, but have a form to submit to the system office for consideration to be allowed to attend a school outside their zone. Basically a license to selectively assemble a particular group of students at whichever school they choose.