Prediction

Indian

24 minutes ago, Indian said:

With NIL, student-athlete movement, and even talk of a high school transfer portal with available talent listed, I can see classifications going to success rate/strength instead of school size, or at least a mix. Things seem to be getting out of control. 

TN opened up a can of worms for sure by turning high school team sports into a bidding war, college kids is one thing letting high school kids make NIL money while some of them are still minors is ridiculous! 
FWIW I think it won’t effect many small schools or at least ones who don’t even care about having a winning pedigree in Football., but the ones it does will have a huge advantage. If it gets so bad where the same teams are winning over and over, which is inevitable in A-AA they will have no answer but to police it. Only way I can think to do that is have any Public school playing in D1-A-AAAA list any amount donated, raised, or used on acquiring, upkeeping, or even rent and stuff paid on each player and add it all up and let them play each other compared to how much they have spent, because I guarantee you there are some schools losing money playing football, but yet some have very deep pocketed benefactors. Of course that would force TSSAA to do their research and actually hold schools accountable for having advantages so we can forget about that.

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2023 at 2:34 PM, TheTruthHurts22 said:

TN opened up a can of worms for sure by turning high school team sports into a bidding war, college kids is one thing letting high school kids make NIL money while some of them are still minors is ridiculous! 
FWIW I think it won’t effect many small schools or at least ones who don’t even care about having a winning pedigree in Football., but the ones it does will have a huge advantage. If it gets so bad where the same teams are winning over and over, which is inevitable in A-AA they will have no answer but to police it. Only way I can think to do that is have any Public school playing in D1-A-AAAA list any amount donated, raised, or used on acquiring, upkeeping, or even rent and stuff paid on each player and add it all up and let them play each other compared to how much they have spent, because I guarantee you there are some schools losing money playing football, but yet some have very deep pocketed benefactors. Of course that would force TSSAA to do their research and actually hold schools accountable for having advantages so we can forget about that.

Agreed TSSAA is only about investigating how much money you put into their coffers 

On 11/30/2023 at 2:34 PM, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Only thing that I moderately disagree with is your opinion that it won't affect the smaller schools. From the perspective of acquiring players, I wholeheartedly agree that only a very small fraction will be able to compete for transfers in... where I believe that the impact will be felt is when a 1/A, 2/AA, or even most 3/AAA schools produce a once in a generational type player. True top tier D1 athletes usually stand out wherever they happen to play, but even more so in the lower classifications... that's when the phone starts ringing with "offers" and promises of exposure that will benefit in the future. 

It looks like the future of TSSAA transfer restrictions will essentially be an open-door policy, where you can transfer and play without penalty, and are able to accept "payment" to do so. Good luck to the coaches at the small schools regarding keeping little Jimmy and his dad happy to play there when the ability is there to get paid now to play for basically anyone they choose, suffer no consequences to do so, and potentially "prove" to the power 5 universities that you can compete against elite competition.

On 12/19/2023 at 1:29 PM, tradertwo said:

Only thing that I moderately disagree with is your opinion that it won't affect the smaller schools. From the perspective of acquiring players, I wholeheartedly agree that only a very small fraction will be able to compete for transfers in... where I believe that the impact will be felt is when a 1/A, 2/AA, or even most 3/AAA schools produce a once in a generational type player. True top tier D1 athletes usually stand out wherever they happen to play, but even more so in the lower classifications... that's when the phone starts ringing with "offers" and promises of exposure that will benefit in the future. 

It looks like the future of TSSAA transfer restrictions will essentially be an open-door policy, where you can transfer and play without penalty, and are able to accept "payment" to do so. Good luck to the coaches at the small schools regarding keeping little Jimmy and his dad happy to play there when the ability is there to get paid now to play for basically anyone they choose, suffer no consequences to do so, and potentially "prove" to the power 5 universities that you can compete against elite competition.

Agree with this whole heartily.