D2A 2024 Way Too Early Favorites

ReitzFan

Congratulations to MTCS on winning the 2023 state championship. It was well deserved.

What teams do you folks think will be the early favorites for 2024? Statistically, several of the top teams from 2023 will be hurt by graduation and will look to rebuild. One is rumored to be hurt by a potential transfer while a couple of teams will return to 2024 virtually intact from 2023. Will any team rise from the ashes of a sub par 2023? Who has the most tools to rebuild with? Who moves from contender to final four or championship caliber? Let the discussion begin!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

D2A- DCA returns a 3,000 passer and has new linemen and young linemen that will help them. They only had 3 Srs and all will be replaced by the next man up. I’m picking them if the line develops like it can. They were too young in the OL/DL this year plus two very good HS linemen chose not to play. 

Your qb has thrown for 3000 yards over the course of his career I assume. What year will he be? Sadly, DCA does not make their statistics available online like most do these days. 

Here are my early contenders in no particular order.

JCS While they will lose over 1000 yards due to graduation, they return a solid qb, top two rushers, and Mr. Football at WR assuming his rehab goes well.

TCA returns all but 226 yards of an offense that had over 4000 yards in 23. Also a very good group of LBs.

COLA they lose alot of offense  but return a RB that many thought should have been in the final mix for Mr. Football. I'm told a good chunk of the line returns.

NCS should the qb return for his junior year, he, combined with some returning talent, will be formidable.  Without the qb, I just don't know. 

MTCS The champs will be hit extremely hard by graduation including the loss of a player many thought should have been Mr Football.They will have to replace over 4000 yards of offense from this year.

FCS drops around 70 percent of offense from last year. Will this be a total rebuild?

DCA returns a qb who chucked the ball all over the place according to Playercoach with about 3000 yards.

Grace Franklin is really hurt by graduation. 

40 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Here are my early contenders in no particular order.

JCS While they will lose over 1000 yards due to graduation, they return a solid qb, top two rushers, and Mr. Football at WR assuming his rehab goes well.

TCA returns all but 226 yards of an offense that had over 4000 yards in 23. Also a very good group of LBs.

COLA they lose alot of offense  but return a RB that many thought should have been in the final mix for Mr. Football. I'm told a good chunk of the line returns.

NCS should the qb return for his junior year, he, combined with some returning talent, will be formidable.  Without the qb, I just don't know. 

MTCS The champs will be hit extremely hard by graduation including the loss of a player many thought should have been Mr Football.They will have to replace over 4000 yards of offense from this year.

FCS drops around 70 percent of offense from last year. Will this be a total rebuild?

DCA returns a qb who chucked the ball all over the place according to Playercoach with about 3000 yards.

Grace Franklin is really hurt by graduation. 

It’s online. 2,826 with 37 TDs passing and he returns 4 of his top 5 targets. One of which was leading the midstate in yards before missing 6 games with injuries. Sneed barely got in the action this year because his need to play OT. They will be loaded next year if they get the OL up to speed. 

4 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

It’s online. 2,826 with 37 TDs passing and he returns 4 of his top 5 targets. One of which was leading the midstate in yards before missing 6 games with injuries. Sneed barely got in the action this year because his need to play OT. They will be loaded next year if they get the OL up to speed. 

It is online….. 2,826 yards through the air…. I saw that he broke all kinds of school records??? Impressive… if wade stays and the o line/ d line improves…. DCA could be dangerous and be again once in the hunt…. Really depends on if wade stays… 

9 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

provide a link so I can check it out. It is not on the           M  Preps site that most schools use for such things.