2024 5A Season

FootballismyVice

2 minutes ago, atrisk said:

SS, I think our record would have been about if not the same had our 2022 QB returned for his Sr. year. Looking forward to the 2024 season. Lots of good high school athletes returning.

Yeah you’re probably right. Stansberry will go down as one of, if not the best QB in OR history at the end of his SR year.

9 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Went to Farragut, and handed it to em. Even though they weren’t as good as normal, they have been an Achilles heel on our schedule for 15 years or so. Gave them their worst defeat by far. Were tied with Bearden late in the fourth, who I thought was a very good team, and besides BC put more points on their defense than anybody else. Keep things in perspective here. It was our third coach in as many seasons. I think he did about as good as you can expect for a first year coach under those circumstances. Give the guy credit. I don’t care how much talent you think he had, that’s not an easy situation. Cummings went 7-6 with basically the same guys, except for the QB.

Farragut was better for sure than the record they had and that has been a tough out for OR like you said, ya'll were still more talented. Bearden would have been the best win on the schedule for sure. I think there was more left on the table. Dozier had never been the one man show in the backfield like he should have been since his frosh year. Not the current guys fault due to him being in his first year, but I would imagine someone would have told him that. Unless the former HC new AD did not want to admit he wasted his talent. He could've helped them maybe win it all in '20 but he made too many deals with the dad of Jackson. Even if he wasn't let known of his mileage on the tires, if you will, he should've seen it from day 1 of spring. Partin did and won vs Clinton.

Cummings had a tougher schedule in my opinion Greenville, DB, a better Farragut team, & better Powell team. Beat Clinton and McMinn. His problem was the principal who hired him left and that same principal hired a DC that wasn't controllable.

The coaching turnover is a challenge in itself, but with the talent that was had the season should not have ended where it did when your "acting OC" won the game on the road by simply giving the ball to the best player enough to win. Go back and watch the game in the playoffs and count the touches he got, especially in the 3rd Q, for that game.

6 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Farragut was better for sure than the record they had and that has been a tough out for OR like you said, ya'll were still more talented. Bearden would have been the best win on the schedule for sure. I think there was more left on the table. Dozier had never been the one man show in the backfield like he should have been since his frosh year. Not the current guys fault due to him being in his first year, but I would imagine someone would have told him that. Unless the former HC new AD did not want to admit he wasted his talent. He could've helped them maybe win it all in '20 but he made too many deals with the dad of Jackson. Even if he wasn't let known of his mileage on the tires, if you will, he should've seen it from day 1 of spring. Partin did and won vs Clinton.

Cummings had a tougher schedule in my opinion Greenville, DB, a better Farragut team, & better Powell team. Beat Clinton and McMinn. His problem was the principal who hired him left and that same principal hired a DC that wasn't controllable.

The coaching turnover is a challenge in itself, but with the talent that was had the season should not have ended where it did when your "acting OC" won the game on the road by simply giving the ball to the best player enough to win. Go back and watch the game in the playoffs and count the touches he got, especially in the 3rd Q, for that game.

I’ll give you SC had a tougher schedule. But Rang also was working with a first year Sophomore QB. Although he ended up doing well, that’s tough, especially when the supposed SR starter ups and quits before the season starts. So there were challenges. I agree we shouldn’t have lost to Clinton, but I give them credit, they played a great game. Yeah, we should’ve given it to Dozier more, but we didn’t. End of story, and on to ‘24. I have quite a bit of confidence in Rang. His success over the years speaks for itself.

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

I’ll give you SC had a tougher schedule. But Rang also was working with a first year Sophomore QB. Although he ended up doing well, that’s tough, especially when the supposed SR starter ups and quits before the season starts. So there were challenges. I agree we shouldn’t have lost to Clinton, but I give them credit, they played a great game. Yeah, we should’ve given it to Dozier more, but we didn’t. End of story, and on to ‘24. I have quite a bit of confidence in Rang. His success over the years speaks for itself.

The thing that did not make sense to me with SC was starting the QB that he did. Kid was ok but former bball player from another school. Im guessing he was thinking he wouldve been there longer. I wouldve started the current one as a frosh and taken lumps early prepping for this past year. With all that said it did hurt Rang this season in my opinion. 

Who will be the RB this year? I know the Norris QB and WR will be a good duo just don't know what else is out there.

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

It was bound to happen sooner or later. It was right on time. Every 10-15 years. It’s almost like clockwork.

It is weird how it is on a decade cycle almost. Without Keith having the sales pitch of his son at QB to bring in people from SD, Alcoa, OR and Central yall win the game easy. Not many born and raised kids from Clinton did a lot in last year's season. 

I wonder if he will be able to keep bringing in kids/keep kids there he brought in before without being able to pitch his son playing there