2024 5A Season

FootballismyVice

2 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

The thing that did not make sense to me with SC was starting the QB that he did. Kid was ok but former bball player from another school. Im guessing he was thinking he wouldve been there longer. I wouldve started the current one as a frosh and taken lumps early prepping for this past year. With all that said it did hurt Rang this season in my opinion. 

Who will be the RB this year? I know the Norris QB and WR will be a good duo just don't know what else is out there.

If the kid comes back out (I’m assuming he will) the RB will be a kid named Porter. He is a rising Sophomore. Loaded with speed. If you go back and watch the CC game he came in late and ran about a 25 yard touchdown. He will be good. Not sure about the WRs, but you know OR, we never lack for athletic skill players, so I’m not worried about that really. Kids always seem to emerge. I know the Frosh and JV both had good teams, and Robertsville and Jefferson both had some really good skill talent I thought. When you combine them together, it’s always formidable. I’d guess that Henderson kid (rising Sophomore) will also get a lot of snaps at wideout this season. 

5 minutes ago, atrisk said:

I think Rang has the team's attention,knows what he's doing and has a good supporting cast. I don't know if OR will have any new players this year, but the town is filling up fast.lMO.

OR is finally starting to grow it seems. It has been good to see. Been an old folks town for ages.

12 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

It is weird how it is on a decade cycle almost. Without Keith having the sales pitch of his son at QB to bring in people from SD, Alcoa, OR and Central yall win the game easy. Not many born and raised kids from Clinton did a lot in last year's season. 

I wonder if he will be able to keep bringing in kids/keep kids there he brought in before without being able to pitch his son playing there

I’m not sure. He has that one cat on his coaching staff that runs some little camp or something and has these kids come to it, so that’s how he pulls all those kids out of other schools. I don’t know the coaches actual name, or if that’s even completely true what I’ve heard, but have heard it from multiple sources. If he keeps him on the staff, I wouldn’t doubt he’ll get more talent in there.

13 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

If the kid comes back out (I’m assuming he will) the RB will be a kid named Porter. He is a rising Sophomore. Loaded with speed. If you go back and watch the CC game he came in late and ran about a 25 yard touchdown. He will be good. Not sure about the WRs, but you know OR, we never lack for athletic skill players, so I’m not worried about that really. Kids always seem to emerge. I know the Frosh and JV both had good teams, and Robertsville and Jefferson both had some really good skill talent I thought. When you combine them together, it’s always formidable. I’d guess that Henderson kid (rising Sophomore) will also get a lot of snaps at wideout this season. 

I will say OR always has athletes like you said so I knew there would be someone. 

Since his Dad has been fired I wondered if Henderson will stay or go to Bearden or Powell

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

I’m not sure. He has that one cat on his coaching staff that runs some little camp or something and has these kids come to it, so that’s how he pulls all those kids out of other schools. I don’t know the coaches actual name, or if that’s even completely true what I’ve heard, but have heard it from multiple sources. If he keeps him on the staff, I wouldn’t doubt he’ll get more talent in there.

The gunslinger guy and his camp?

6 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I will say OR always has athletes like you said so I knew there would be someone. 

Since his Dad has been fired I wondered if Henderson will stay or go to Bearden or Powell

The kid is on our JV basketball team, so I assume so. Didn’t know Vonce was fired.