2024 5A Season

FootballismyVice

14 minutes ago, atrisk said:

I think his son will graduate this year from Clinton..... Unless he transferred to another school to get his diploma.

Yeah, if he stayed he will graduate this spring.  Pretty sure dad moved to the tri-cities area.

Edited by oridgecat

On 2/22/2024 at 4:28 PM, SweetScience said:

Clinton top 10, you think? I think they will regress quite a bit myself. Losing some talented players, namely the HC son who was a 4 year starter, of course. I’ll be surprised if they are top 10 material, but stranger things have happened.

They are still getting players in from what I hear

On 2/22/2024 at 2:53 PM, Swipes said:

https://www.5starpreps.com/articles/the-way-too-early-top-football-teams-for-2024/

You will more than likely have to subscribe.  This was posted Jan. 2nd.  It's for the entire area but yes they do have West at #3 behind Powell and OR for next year. They have them #8 overall for the area behind Alcoa, Bearden, Catholic, Powell, Oak Ridge, Maryville, and Greeneville

I just gotta give it to west since they have won back to back. I have also been told that they have over 100 players coming back for next year not counting frosh

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

Just can't imagine what flip flops is selling to get kids to transfer in to Clinton.  I see a repeat of last year 5-5 at best ragler season.

Not like he is getting kids from great programs. Heard the QB from Harriman, a RB from TKA and others from different schools. My guess is the indoor facility they have will be enough to get the small school guys. 

I agree the record in the regular season won't be great. He thought they would compete last year with the athletes he brought in but that clearly was not the case.  All you have to do is win one region game and you're in the playoffs. If they can stay healthy and keep the players from quitting they can make some noise in the playoffs again in my opinion. 

Id say the non region schedule will drastically change next year regardless of who the HC could be. Keep AC for that rivalry but for the rest I would go a few notches lower.

20 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I just gotta give it to west since they have won back to back. I have also been told that they have over 100 players coming back for next year not counting frosh

I don't blame you for that and still think they will be a very good team.  It's going to be tough to replace players that have started for the last 2-3 years in Bowers, Hoard, Scott, A. Smith, and CJ Smith along with Cummings who transferred in last year.

5 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I don't blame you for that and still think they will be a very good team.  It's going to be tough to replace players that have started for the last 2-3 years in Bowers, Hoard, Scott, A. Smith, and CJ Smith along with Cummings who transferred in last year.

Most teams across the state have heavy replacements to get done,  but West has got plenty of dudes, albeit with limited  experience.  I expect them to struggle some during the regular season, but I have to believe that come playoff time this bunch will be ready to go.  Coach Brown's teams get better as the season goes.  Great staff. 

Edited by oridgecat

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I hear you and I am sure that there will be a drop off in some areas. Really they only competition in their region is Powell and I know they lost their good OL but return some skill guys. I just gotta believe that they have some dudes that have been waiting their turn.

• 1 month later...

I personally think the East will be represented by Oak Ridge, Powell, or SC this coming season.Oak Ridge leads the way and if Powell can replace some OL, they have a legit shot. I don’t see anyone defeating Page next season but stranger things have happened.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fandom101 said:

I personally think the East will be represented by Oak Ridge, Powell, or SC this coming season.Oak Ridge leads the way and if Powell can replace some OL, they have a legit shot. I don’t see anyone defeating Page next season but stranger things have happened.

OR will be down they lost three stud athletes that were all state level and wasted the RB.

Powell will be down because they lose most of their OL and the better backup QB I heard has went to Clinton.

SC could get better with the QB coming back but I think they lose their best linemen and I don't know about their skill guys.

West will for sure represent 5A and East tn. They will also compete with, if not beat Page, if Page makes the championship

• Upvote 1