Franklin County Gilliam quits

crimsontide43

14 hours ago, FCmom said:

I have asked and no one seems to know anything.  You posted, so I assumed you knew something.

Someone is not being honest with you . All it takes is a couple of parents complaining to get someone fired. As I said earlier, no HS coach should ever be dismissed during the season unless they are doing something illegal or immoral. 

9 hours ago, ecu said:

Someone is not being honest with you . All it takes is a couple of parents complaining to get someone fired. As I said earlier, no HS coach should ever be dismissed during the season unless they are doing something illegal or immoral. 

I don't disagree with you - its hard on the kids when a coach leaves in the middle of the season.  That's why I asked if you knew what had happened.  According to the newspaper, she resigned but no one seems to know the reason.

I think you are not being honest with me.  You posted "that is not the case here. She did a great job for what she had to work with. Very unfair!"  so if you know what happened, then please say.  That's what this whole thread started with was people wanting to know what happened.

outside looking in... The coach probably didn't play the kid or kids with parents that have influence. Happens all the time. Sad. No way I would coach high school basketball. Entitled parents raising entitled kids who have never been told they are not good enough to play right now and someone else is better than them. 

Again... I'm from West TN and I have no idea what happened at this school... But if I were a betting man... I would get my wallet out.  Sad.

2 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

outside looking in... The coach probably didn't play the kid or kids with parents that have influence. Happens all the time. Sad. No way I would coach high school basketball. Entitled parents raising entitled kids who have never been told they are not good enough to play right now and someone else is better than them. 

Again... I'm from West TN and I have no idea what happened at this school... But if I were a betting man... I would get my wallet out.  Sad.

It doesn't usually happen in the middle of the season - I could see that if it were after the season, but I feel like there has to be more to it if it was done in the middle of the season.  All I know or have seen is the newspaper article so I really just wanted to know why in the middle of the season.  FC has a way of running off Coaches (good and bad IMO) and its been a rocky few years for that program.

Edited by FCmom
typo