Jeff Miner steps down at HVA

JournalEntry

47 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

21 played Summitt in the championship, in my opinion we should have won that game, but honestly we laid an egg that night.  How can you have Tee Higgins for 4 years and not win a thing?  There has just been a ton of talent come through over the years with nothing to show for.   

Yeah. Well, from 93-2004ish you had the Riverdale glory days, then the Maryville dynasty from 2009-2019ish in 6A, so we had to go through them earlier in the decade of the 2010s. Actually gave them a few really good games, too, during that time period. Then we had Catholic (should’ve been private) to go through during the latter part of the 2010s. We have had quite a bit of talent, but more times than not we’ve just been beaten by better teams. 

The Higgins years were marred by awful quarterback play. I shudder at the thought of what he could’ve accomplished with a QB throwing to him like Stansberry @ OR now. I’ve been watching some of his highlights from a recent throwing camp he went to, guy can sling it man. He’s gonna be great by his SR season, barring injury.

Edited by SweetScience

16 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah. Well, from 93-2004ish you had the Riverdale glory days, then the Maryville dynasty from 2009-2019ish in 6A, so we had to go through them earlier in the decade of the 2010s. Actually gave them a few really good games, too, during that time period. Then we had Catholic (should’ve been private) to go through during the latter part of the 2010s. We have had quite a bit of talent, but more times than not we’ve just been beaten by better teams. 

The Higgins years were marred by awful quarterback play. I shudder at the thought of what he could’ve accomplished with a QB throwing to him like Stansberry @ OR now. I’ve been watching some of his highlights from a recent throwing camp he went to, guy can sling it man. He’s gonna be great by his SR season, barring injury.

17 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Also have to remember in 2017-2018 we would’ve had great chances if not for Catholic, who should’ve been private at the time. Even with that said, blowing that 35-14 after the half against Catholic was uncalled for.

All of what you said is true. Blame the blown lead on Gaddis against the Irish, although I don't know if OR could've beaten Rosser that year. 

But that is why I said the only true lost opportunity for state was 2005. Had Lussier not left ya'll would've gotten it

21 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

All of what you said is true. Blame the blown lead on Gaddis against the Irish, although I don't know if OR could've beaten Rosser that year. 

But that is why I said the only true lost opportunity for state was 2005. Had Lussier not left ya'll would've gotten it

No question.  I think me and SS could have coached us to the W with that team was LOADED!  That was a disaster, a nightmare of a road trip. Ha Ha.  Me and my dad spent the night down there and were so shocked and dazed driving back that we went about 50 miles West instead of East before either one of us realized we were going the wrong direction.  That was just a brutal loss.   

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

No question.  I think me and SS could have coached us to the W with that team was LOADED!  That was a disaster, a nightmare of a road trip. Ha Ha.  Me and my dad spent the night down there and were so shocked and dazed driving back that we went about 50 miles West instead of East before either one of us realized we were going the wrong direction.  That was just a brutal loss.   

I think there are some lean years ahead unless some kids come in or the middle school is great

Just now, SheriffofRedRock said:

I think there are some lean years ahead unless some kids come in or the middle school is great

I think they will be good, not sure about great moving forward.  There is plenty of talent still, it's a matter of development at this point.  How bad does this staff want to push these kids to be their best?  Are we coasting or grinding?  Games are won is Jan. and Feb.  From what I'm seeing and hearing, the program is doing all the right things.  Time will tell?

1 minute ago, oridgecat said:

I think they will be good, not sure about great moving forward.  There is plenty of talent still, it's a matter of development at this point.  How bad does this staff want to push these kids to be their best?  Are we coasting or grinding?  Games are won is Jan. and Feb.  From what I'm seeing and hearing, the program is doing all the right things.  Time will tell?

I would say that the regular season should be above .500 and the region is Ya'll or Clinton. I just don't know about a long playoff run. I would put the over under win total at 6.5. Powell & Bearden I think are L's this year, Jeff Co & Clinton are the ones I'm not sure about when looking at the schedule. 

I would say clinton is losing a lot but from what I hear they are reloading and it ain't from the middle school(s)

Give me the over on 6.5.   I don't care who Clinton loads,  Lieutenant Flip Flops doesn't have Kieth, Marable or Jay Graham coaching.  I predict, back to normal for Clinton.  The studs in the van are gone back to Ktown.   Unless they replace those guys with equal or better, then they step back, way back.  

Edited by oridgecat

25 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

We are gonna be better than you think, but keep on underestimating the Cats, Sheriff. There was plenty of talent I saw in the middle schools to when you combine them, it’ll be a formidable team. OR has had “lean years” in about 6 of 80 seasons. 

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

We are gonna be better than you think, but keep on underestimating the Cats, Sheriff. There was plenty of talent I saw in the middle schools to when you combine them, it’ll be a formidable team. OR has had “lean years” in about 6 of 80 seasons. 

I still think an above .500 season is happening, which most programs would be ecstatic about. Even a home playoff game. Just lean in terms of playoffs

2 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I still think an above .500 season is happening, which most programs would be ecstatic about. Even a home playoff game. Just lean in terms of playoffs

West, Plow and OR, one of them is going to the semis.  Why not us, possibly first good OL since 2013, Stans is a year better.  I think they have a shot

• Upvote 1