Anderson County 2024

Mavericksinflight

2 hours ago, gcapride said:

The first sentence is a false statement. I don’t mind you filling the board with your falsehoods unless they involve stuff I know to be true. It was DEFINITELY an option, and AC dodged a bullet to the program. 

Well apparently you know more than I do. I would not think you win a Gold ball than turn around and go to Grace in a heartbeat. Where You help build a winning atmosphere where the crowds of fans are some of the best. You have one of the best weight rooms in the area; good alumni and support. (And what take the fireworks with you,) Drop everything and start all over again. Just doesn't even make common sense. But I guess you know more than I do based on those points. 

3 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well apparently you know more than I do. I would not think you win a Gold ball than turn around and go to Grace in a heartbeat. Where You help build a winning atmosphere where the crowds of fans are some of the best. You have one of the best weight rooms in the area; good alumni and support. (And what take the fireworks with you,) Drop everything and start all over again. Just doesn't even make common sense. But I guess you know more than I do based on those points. 

Apparently, I do know….

6 hours ago, gcapride said:

Apparently, I do know….

Not saying your wrong and I don't say falsehoods. What I publishe is based on common senses, not necessarily facts just the process of elimination. The only thing I didn't say was they may have been looking for a better spot for John David's career. Other than that I didn't see it as a good move to 3-7 rebuild. Of course I have no idea if they have a good feeder program and opportunity for transfers. But typically the bigger school your kid excel in the better chance for good ratings and college prospects. Bigger pond bigger fish. Just my opinion. 

15 hours ago, gcapride said:

The first sentence is a false statement. I don’t mind you filling the board with your falsehoods unless they involve stuff I know to be true. It was DEFINITELY an option, and AC dodged a bullet to the program. 

I know that Gillum was the first option and he took a tour and turned down a lot of money. Then the AC boosters ponied up. That’s all he was doing he did not want to leave. Just get paid more for where he is at. A lot of coaches do this

7 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I know that Gillum was the first option and he took a tour and turned down a lot of money. Then the AC boosters ponied up. That’s all he was doing he did not want to leave. Just get paid more for where he is at. A lot of coaches do this

Now that makes more sense when it's put that way. I am sure he was curious too. But they would have needed to offer more than just money. Davey is about winning I am sure he was looking at the future talent opportunities and since his son is preparing for High School I am sure he was taking that into consideration. Grace is usually structured for the Ariel attack that was a positive and that is probably what finally sold Grace on the price brothers. That particular conference and Region IMO has some good chances to get a Gold Ball too. To me that's a good selling point. Well Grace missed out on a well rounded solid football coach and staff. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

31 minutes ago, newcyclone said:

Wonder what's the price?

Not sure about that. I think the QB knew he could not compete for a championship at CCHS and jumped down 75 to ACHS.  I think the QB leaving triggered the sinking ship at CCHS as the coaches took the helm at Grace Christian. Look for other CCHS players to follow the QBs lead.  CCHS is in a world of hurt and Davey will benefit I believe.  

4 hours ago, Orangeslide said:

Not sure about that. I think the QB knew he could not compete for a championship at CCHS and jumped down 75 to ACHS.  I think the QB leaving triggered the sinking ship at CCHS as the coaches took the helm at Grace Christian. Look for other CCHS players to follow the QBs lead.  CCHS is in a world of hurt and Davey will benefit I believe.  

Well I certainly hope so. AC has an open door policy and welcome all of CCHS players, Clinton and Oak Ridge! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 9:28 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

DG would be a Grace right now if one of his assistants was willing to make the move. End of story. It was a package deal with 3 of his current assistants. All were on board but one. 

On 12/28/2023 at 3:54 PM, Orangeslide said:

They won’t be competing for nothing, once all the wrong doings gets turned in, it’s coming g!

• Upvote 1