Anderson County 2024

Mavericksinflight

It's never to early to get reports from OL Hickory. The season begins now because any success in the playoff would have to be credited to what's accomplished now, going forward. Hope to get news from winter workout, speed training testing and the upcoming stars for the Mavericks 2024 season. Twitter X etc. I called the Dream team a year before the 2022 state championship. Not ready to call this a dream team 2 but I am ready for a spectacular performance and December 7, 2024 appearance. My theme "It's Expected"

Go Mavericks!

I expect 5-5 or 6-4 next year.  They'll beat the bad teams.  Lose to the good ones.  

This year they were a shadow of the year prior.  They had a few good pieces and got the most out of them.  Barring some stud transfers, they'll be down talent wise next year compared to this year. Losing Bradshaw and Nelson on the line,  Moog, Hall. Most of the offense production is gone.  I know you don't want to hear it but AC will be down.  It's a cycle where they get a class or two of good kids that come through together every 5 or 6 years.  Everything has to align just right like it did in 2022. 2023 could have been almost as good but a couple of AC kids decided to play for Oak Ridge last year.  They would be Juniors this year.  For perspective,  the QB at OR set the all time passing record as a soph, in oak ridges system.  In AC system it would have been more.  Thems the breaks though. 

Before you think I'm all negative, I'm just being real.  I'm here to see it in person,  I know the kids,  many personally.  They're good kids,  great kids even.  With good coaching,  great coaching even.  But they don't have the horses.  It is what it is. 

Edited by TotallynotLEO

16 hours ago, TotallynotLEO said:

I expect 5-5 or 6-4 next year.  They'll beat the bad teams.  Lose to the good ones.  

This year they were a shadow of the year prior.  They had a few good pieces and got the most out of them.  Barring some stud transfers, they'll be down talent wise next year compared to this year. Losing Bradshaw and Nelson on the line,  Moog, Hall. Most of the offense production is gone.  I know you don't want to hear it but AC will be down.  It's a cycle where they get a class or two of good kids that come through together every 5 or 6 years.  Everything has to align just right like it did in 2022. 2023 could have been almost as good but a couple of AC kids decided to play for Oak Ridge last year.  They would be Juniors this year.  For perspective,  the QB at OR set the all time passing record as a soph, in oak ridges system.  In AC system it would have been more.  Thems the breaks though. 

Before you think I'm all negative, I'm just being real.  I'm here to see it in person,  I know the kids,  many personally.  They're good kids,  great kids even.  With good coaching,  great coaching even.  But they don't have the horses.  It is what it is. 

Why did the QB go to OR?

3 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Why did the QB go to OR?

I have no dog in the fight and don’t know what was true and what wasn’t true but look back at some Old AC threads from 2 years ago before and during their championship run and you will find your answer of why to some people believe he ended up at OR