Anderson County 2024

Mavericksinflight

14 hours ago, Swipes said:

I have no dog in the fight and don’t know what was true and what wasn’t true but look back at some Old AC threads from 2 years ago before and during their championship run and you will find your answer of why to some people believe he ended up at OR

Save me some time and just tell me what some believe

We are still talking about Kids being Kids..   Move on to Football talk...Did anyone get hurt NO! Did it stop the world from rotating NO!   My locker room way, way back in the day was worst than that and I'm still alive.  Good grief.   OR QB decided to go to OR because he thought he could compete there.   Good for him.    Mavericks have great kids now and in the past...good and bad action build character.   They learn from it.  It's Life

On 12/13/2023 at 7:16 PM, TotallynotLEO said:

I expect 5-5 or 6-4 next year.  They'll beat the bad teams.  Lose to the good ones.  

This year they were a shadow of the year prior.  They had a few good pieces and got the most out of them.  Barring some stud transfers, they'll be down talent wise next year compared to this year. Losing Bradshaw and Nelson on the line,  Moog, Hall. Most of the offense production is gone.  I know you don't want to hear it but AC will be down.  It's a cycle where they get a class or two of good kids that come through together every 5 or 6 years.  Everything has to align just right like it did in 2022. 2023 could have been almost as good but a couple of AC kids decided to play for Oak Ridge last year.  They would be Juniors this year.  For perspective,  the QB at OR set the all time passing record as a soph, in oak ridges system.  In AC system it would have been more.  Thems the breaks though. 

Before you think I'm all negative, I'm just being real.  I'm here to see it in person,  I know the kids,  many personally.  They're good kids,  great kids even.  With good coaching,  great coaching even.  But they don't have the horses.  It is what it is. 

It's really doesn't matter what critics say. There's always those that do this every year. Listen I have been on here almost 10 years. I have yet to see anything positive preseason. Preseason 2022 Championship we got the same wrap and critics. I do not expect for it change. I am pretty sure based on the AC program alone they will be top notch, again in 4A. This program and staff are solid enough to have a chance at the state championship every year. Yes every year. And we all know that, baring injuries. Like Davey told me once. They take what they have to work with for the season game plan, like most programs, and then perfect it. The feeder program is tremendous and they won there championship this year. I can almost guarantee AC will be right there with all the big dogs. Past issues were the Defence that was the key to getting to a state and we did. We still have the new defense coach Lambert. So I will not call your statements negative or too harsh, but I will call them constructive criticism. And remember this program and staff have not went away, we still have IMO the best staff in the state 

You can now set back and watch what I am saying for the 2024 season. I am Confident! 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

10 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Was this at the 7v7 in FL?

Nope the GreenEville games. Hall was clearly concussed late in the game a nobody pulled him out. Mooge was the only one that seemed worried about him. An the ACL incident happened a few years ago when Martin tore something in his knee but was still allowed to keep playing. 

On 12/15/2023 at 9:56 PM, KEV-O said:

Nope the GreenEville games. Hall was clearly concussed late in the game a nobody pulled him out. Mooge was the only one that seemed worried about him. An the ACL incident happened a few years ago when Martin tore something in his knee but was still allowed to keep playing. 

So what happened at the 7v7 in FL?