Anderson County 2024

Mavericksinflight

17 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

They will get bumped up at the next cycle which should be in 2 years

But then they would be one of the smallest 5A. I think they will still be 4A. They may want 5A or have an option but that I would assume how close they are within the count spread ( allow a certain amount over the set figures) due to them being so close to 4A and 5A, just my opinion. I don't see 5A that much different when it's playoff time, as Greenville and Elizabethton is usually as good as or better than many 5A the way I see it 

5 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

But then they would be one of the smallest 5A. I think they will still be 4A. They may want 5A or have an option but that I would assume how close they are within the count spread ( allow a certain amount over the set figures) due to them being so close to 4A and 5A, just my opinion. I don't see 5A that much different when it's playoff time, as Greenville and Elizabethton is usually as good as or better than many 5A the way I see it 

Doesn't matter if yall would be the smallest 5A someone has to be it. Ya'll would have a tougher regular season with a region change to 5A especially if you get put in with West and Powell. My guess is ya'll would get put into the region with OR CC clinton LC and Karns. Then one tough game with OR the play offs will be tough once the 3rd round hits. Ya'lls current region is not good at least in 5A it would be more competitive for 1st place

On 2/6/2024 at 8:29 AM, SheriffofRedRock said:

Doesn't matter if yall would be the smallest 5A someone has to be it. Ya'll would have a tougher regular season with a region change to 5A especially if you get put in with West and Powell. My guess is ya'll would get put into the region with OR CC clinton LC and Karns. Then one tough game with OR the play offs will be tough once the 3rd round hits. Ya'lls current region is not good at least in 5A it would be more competitive for 1st place

A potentially exciting matchup OR vs AC in the regular season and playoffs.

14 hours ago, noonesfool said:

A potentially exciting matchup OR vs AC in the regular season and playoffs.

That is assuming that when the new reclassification comes and AC moves up but OR doesn't. I think that both could move up to 5A and 6A respectively. If that does change I could see powell going back over to that region that they were in before they moved into West's region. Just speculation.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

That is assuming that when the new reclassification comes and AC moves up but OR doesn't. I think that both could move up to 5A and 6A respectively. If that does change I could see powell going back over to that region that they were in before they moved into West's region. Just speculation.

All great points Sheriff. I’m looking at a wish list in the back of my brain. I have trouble understanding when 2 great programs live side by side, and they don’t play each other on occasion. 

Just now, noonesfool said:

All great points Sheriff. I’m looking at a wish list in the back of my brain. I have trouble understanding when 2 great programs live side by side, and they don’t play each other on occasion. 

Back when the z plan was in place they were in the same region due to proximity but did not play in the same playoffs due to OR being in 6A at the time and AC was 5A

On 2/6/2024 at 5:29 AM, SheriffofRedRock said:

True. I think it would be a different scheme and strategy. The only difficulty I would see is keeping the players healthy enough. AC would not have any room for slack. But just like when they played the Chattanooga conference, while a weaker overall conference, they made a good transition. IMO it would be better, in the long run; make them better for the playoffs provided they make it. But It might take a year or two to adjust. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

16 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

True. I think it would be a different scheme and strategy. The only difficulty I would see is keeping the players healthy enough. AC would not have any room for slack. But just like when they played the Chattanooga conference, while a weaker overall conference, they made a good transition. IMO it would be better, in the long run; make them better for the playoffs provided they make it. But It might take a year or two to adjust. 

They would have no problem making the playoffs in 5A. They already have a chunk of CCs roster anyway lol

On 2/10/2024 at 12:52 AM, Mavericksinflight said:

They would have a challenge with west every year in the 3rd round and it would be interesting to see who came out on top. West is almost to the point to where they reload and not rebuild. I don't know if AC is there yet.