William Blount 2024

OrangePylon

Hit did look like Will-Yum Blunt played wif a lott moore dissypline and creditt goes two tha haid bawl corch fer thait......Mr. Reeves mite haiv enstilled moore dissypline inn Allin-Wick cents Floyd C. Porter's old boat paddull did onn tha backsides ov varryus unruly stewdunts down att tha Mecca att our beeloved U ov A.......(bow yourns haids).....:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

• 3 weeks later...

Someone gave me a copy of their William Blount Football Program yesterday and I was very happy to see they have Grasshoppers, Pee-Wees and Midget Programs now plus the Middle School Program. I don't keep up with those as much because you can't find anything out unless you have someone connected to one of those programs because our hometown newspaper is very lacking in this department. Glad to see those programs in place and another reason I feel Robert Reeves was the right man for the job. I know it will take time but so far I'm impressed. I honestly didn't see them winning but one game based off the first season but what a turn around.

9 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Someone gave me a copy of their William Blount Football Program yesterday and I was very happy to see they have Grasshoppers, Pee-Wees and Midget Programs now plus the Middle School Program. I don't keep up with those as much because you can't find anything out unless you have someone connected to one of those programs because our hometown newspaper is very lacking in this department. Glad to see those programs in place and another reason I feel Robert Reeves was the right man for the job. I know it will take time but so far I'm impressed. I honestly didn't see them winning but one game based off the first season but what a turn around.

Lots of good things happening in the LA athletic dept these days. Great job by the old football coach this year and the hothead basketball coach has his team competing for district and regional titles. I think that AD has developed the secret sauce. Hopefully, he will help get the baseball team going in the right direction.

On 12/20/2023 at 9:12 PM, strongx said:

It was good to hear kids and parents/fans positive comments about the program. Dang, it was long overdue. NOBODY likes to lose. The QB may have been the best player in the area and hard to replace. Or maybe not that hard?

If you look back at the last 10 to 15 years of WB football, we haven't had many good athletic QBs. The only ones prior to Cortez that come to mind for me are Saunders and Myrick and Saunders was only really effective after he started to click in that new pistol offense in the second half of the 2011 season. My point is WB found ways to win 3 or 4 games against tough schedules without an athletic QB who could make things happen on his own. That's not to say that I wouldn't prefer to have a QB like Cortez every year, but that's not realistic. I'm ready to see really good receivers suit up for WB again. We've had so many good ones over the years. We are due for another Isaiah Hannah or Joel Graham type receiver. 

Edited by GovForce1