Fant out at Chattanooga Notre Dame

fredjones

16 hours ago, BoroFootball said:

Is this a job that  Tygard would want? He coached there before. When was the last time ND was good? I know they had decent run a while back. Was that a fluke or is that sustainable there? Just an outside that’s curious.

Surely not. Surely Cleveland is the place he will stay at for more than two years. If not, that has to be a HUGE red flag to administrators. 

On 1/19/2024 at 3:30 PM, EastTNfootballFan111 said:

Coach Fant seemed like a great guy. Wish him well! I think there are many different schools in Division II that are trying to determine if they want to/ or can afford to invest in everything it takes to have a good football program. I’m not sure if ND can or wants to invest all the resources to compete? (Literally not sure, they could be, I just have do not have w any knowledge of there comprehensive plan for football). Hope they hire a great coach, Chattanooga is turning into a wrestling and football town! 

and great leader of young men....pretty sure he's gonna be just dandy.....huge asset to the institution that has now secured him.....and pretty sure thats goin to show immediately......and that institution is not in flux on tryin to determine which way they want to go in the competitive sports arena of D2....especially Football, facilities and the value it has on a whole institution....

.....ND indeed could...but a Joe load of stuff has to align......along with all the correct folks once again in place..... and whole system from top to bottom, to include Alumni, have to be committed.......the HC that just resigned proved it could be done from the first season he was hired as HC for the followin 6 or 7 seasons in a row.....then a bunch of that system went quickly away....basically between the endin of one season and the beginnin of the next.....that system hasnt corrected itself...nor a similar plan and its top to bottom commitment put back in place....ND football hasnt recovered since...

....ND just had a great coach resign...and a coach that had great coachin staffs from the day he was hired until he resigned......their may have been seasons, dependin on who is judgin, where one staff may have been stronger either with certain individual coaches or stronger as a combined unit.....but that Fant feller was never without a few, if not many, seriously qualified assistants around him

....Chattanooga has awlays been a restlin town....and we shall see how much turnin to football it becomes

....those south Middle TN privates will not allow those trophy cases go without new hardware for long

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

On 1/19/2024 at 8:24 PM, BoroFootball said:

Is this a job that  Tygard would want? He coached there before. When was the last time ND was good? I know they had decent run a while back. Was that a fluke or is that sustainable there? Just an outside that’s curious.

not anymore.....2018....No Fluke and it was not

Booger just sayin :sad:

31 minutes ago, BoroFootball said:

Did their decline coincide with the move to D2? Better competition and coaching in that league

Absolutely not!....thinkin bout 21-3 in first 2 season in D2.....and guarontee BoroFootball coachin dint decline it....might have been a couple years tween 11'& 18 BoroFootball could even have collected 7 or 8 W's

Booger just sayin :roll:

47 minutes ago, BoroFootball said:

I’m not the boro spokesman so hypothetical matchups aren’t my thing. I think the boro is like D2-AA in that it’s top heavy. Haves/have nots. Lots of good teams and bad teams in both leagues between 11-18. Coaching better in D2 was my point. Seems you agree 

Booger just sayin :thumb: