Cleveland High School Recruiting

Ummmno

2 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

Serious question

Dont say provides more opportunities

Do you think Bosken pays people to move in? No, but I do know doors were opened to cheaper housing for those that had moved in through the years(again a foundation being laid is easier to build on, now they just move in since they are proven winners, seems everyone is a bandwagon fan now days). As I said, it's not just money Allan has, he has resources to help people find cheaper housing as well as jobs which of course helps them pay their bills!

Does he pay for kids to travel everywhere? I have seen Jones provide buses for the wrestlers, it's been posted before on FB with them giving him thanks for providing buses so they dont have to ride seperate, the buses allowed the kids to ride all together to make sure more of them made the trip! 

Is Bosken getting all of it?  I know their tax filings from last year showed 17k in payout to coaches. Now, I have no idea who all gets what, but how much do our youth coaches get paid? I also wonder how much that year when Josh lost the head coaching job at Cleveland High he was paid to coach HCWC full time? I guess I can go back and look at those tax filings, but I'd almost bet they were not included in pay for that year! 

@Humorist you seemed connected to the program, I assume you have been in the room with Bosken/Knox. What is the money doing for Cleveland? Do they pay for kids to move in? Why are their kids good? 

So the coaches created the talent(sure they get ocassional move ins, so do we)....the same talent that everyone say is the best.

But if those coaches left, their magical powers would be useless and would forget how to coach.

Got it

Maybe Alan Jones is paying their coaches at Cleveland because they do a better than anyone else(we are trying), and have proven they can keep Cleveland winning. Ive been around Bosken before and he did not hide the fact he gets paid to run the club(he travels alot based off his social media)

Hes also mentioned Knox and rest of staff fundraised north of 80k last year to give their kids the best opportunity. THEY did that. Its actually very impressive. Does Allan help? Duh. But i believe everyone would be shocked how much, from pretty much everyone I've talked too, he really gives.

We are hustling and working to do the same. But when you are winning, its amazing that fundraising gets easier. We aren't afraid to work.  Every Cleveland person thats been on here has never denied money helping. They have denied money being the reason. 

Cleveland has got it going on...... but we are coming for you haha

@HumoristLogsdon is the GOAT 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

Serious question

Dont say provides more opportunities

Do you think Bosken pays people to move in?

Does he pay for kids to travel everywhere?

Is Bosken getting all of it?

@Humorist you seemed connected to the program, I assume you have been in the room with Bosken/Knox. What is the money doing for Cleveland? Do they pay for kids to move in? Why are their kids good? 

He is not connected to the program, so he has no real idea.

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

I don't think anyone is really angry about it, Just think some people are DUMB to think that Josh and Joey are the only reason why the program is successful when the article when Josh got his AAU award states he came to Jones to get the kids club program jumpstarted in Cleveland and Jones obliged by giving it the money needed to start! Do you think the same thing that is happening now takes place if Jones had said NO THANKS? I mean even with Jones money it took years for them to get the program where it is today. 

They actually hired Heath as the head club coach after Jones hired a national hiring firm, until he left making Josh the kids club coach. Yost won 3 straight state titles 2013-2015 and after he left they went 3 years without a state title, I think Bosken was head coach for a season during that stretch, Knox became head coach and had a few more seasons with no state title before running off the insane title run they are on now! 

I did find this post from 2013 and wanted to see how much was fact?

Cleveland has had a lot of success over the years, but what brought them back to the elite level was hiring Heath Eslinger and just as vital was Heath's hiring of Eric Phillips as the MS coach at CHS, and Heath's formation (along with Coach Al Morris of Walker Valley) of the Higher Calling Wrestling Club as a kids club. Walker Valley has since started their own kids club, but they actually started Higher Calling together. Before that, Bradley had the only kid's club in town and most all the young wrestlers (many who were sons of former Bradley and Cleveland wrestlers) were in the Bradley club and ended up at Bradley. Hiring Heath was the first step, but if he hadn't gotten lucky and found Eric Phillips (which is another story that someone can tell better than me) and started the kids club, they probably aren't where they are today. Also, FWIW, Heath and Eric Phillips are better people than they are wrestlers or wrestling coaches and they are obviously two of the best coaches in the state of TN.

of course plenty more after that, that seems to be a good read on who all should be commended as part of the wrestling dynasty that is Cleveland

I can’t speak about any success Cleveland had under those guys because I was not here. What I can say is this group of kids that is doing what no group in our program has done before is because of the work they, Josh, Joey, and a few others have put in. NONE of these kids were ever coached by anyone you are bringing up (I mean in the their entire lives). So yeah, for the current state of things, the people I am giving credit to get the credit in my opinion. And for the last time, I am not denying that being well-funded has helped and has its advantages because it does. What I am saying is that BIGGEST reasons (by far) that Cleveland is what it is today are the ones I have outlined in previous posts.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

I can’t speak about any success Cleveland had under those guys because I was not here. What I can say is this group of kids that is doing what no group in our program has done before is because of the work they, Josh, Joey, and a few others have put in. NONE of these kids were ever coached by anyone you are bringing up (I mean in the their entire lives). So yeah, for the current state of things, the people I am giving credit to get the credit in my opinion. And for the last time, I am not denying that being well-funded has helped and has its advantages because it does. What I am saying is that BIGGEST reasons (by far) that Cleveland is what it is today are the ones I have outlined in previous posts.

But that is the thing, I think some of you either DON'T UNDERSTAND or don't want to admit, either way its kind of annoying that you cannot admit that the foundation of the club itself was built because of money! I can have a dream all day long but hard work doesn't make that dream just come to fruition, not when it's something that has to start with the almighty dollar! 

I will always give Josh and Joey credit, they are doing a great job with HCWC and Cleveland wrestling, they have, instead of coasting on their laurels they have put it back down into 4th gear and slammed the pedal back down and are pulling even further ahead!   NOTHING WILL CHANGE THAT FACT!  However, what NONE of you Cleveland fans want to even see at all is that without Allan pushing in a ton of money that club never takes the next step it needed and pushed it to what it has became. Now as you said you weren't around for that time, but just because you weren't around doesn't mean it didn't happen! If Allan Jones says no to Josh and pay his coaching salary he might be back up in NE TN where he's from coaching up that way and prob still doing a heck of a job, same with Joey! However Allan did say yes, he committed a great deal of money to Josh's dream and made it all happen. None of us here are saying it was a miracle, Jones gave all this money and the next year it sprouted this amazing wrestling club. No, we are just saying that there very well might not be a Cleveland dynasty without Allan Jones, it's pretty simple. 

33 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

you don't have to always been in the room to be connected to a program sir, people might have friends all over the place and people talk, they gossip and no wrestling club or even high school sport is so well oiled that they don't have people who talk and gossip! They can try all they want to limit what happens inside their gym, but the kids talk, their parents see things and when around spectators do also.  

Just now, cobrakid8 said:

you don't have to always been in the room to be connected to a program sir, people might have friends all over the place and people talk, they gossip and no wrestling club or even high school sport is so well oiled that they don't have people who talk and gossip! They can try all they want to limit what happens inside their gym, but the kids talk, their parents see things and when around spectators do also.  

I have a hard time believing you know anyone that is TRULY connected to that program.

If so....say the name. Im sure these parents will let you know.

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

So the coaches created the talent(sure they get ocassional move ins, so do we)....the same talent that everyone say is the best.

But if those coaches left, their magical powers would be useless and would forget how to coach.  NO, but I also do not believe they are God's gift to coaching either. There are plenty of coaches out there that can do a marvelous job with that Cleveland program and the HCWC. Do I think some of those coaches don't get their due because they haven't been afforded the opportunity to coach a program like theirs, YEP!

Got it

Maybe Alan Jones is paying their coaches at Cleveland because they do a better than anyone else(we are trying), and have proven they can keep Cleveland winning. Ive been around Bosken before and he did not hide the fact he gets paid to run the club(he travels alot based off his social media)- OR maybe he has paid them the entire time to keep them around which has helped build the program, it can be hard to continue building when you have people leaving at every opportunity, so again tell me how much SDWA pays their coaches? Also Bosken is a full time teacher and they head girls coach, so he makes money from teaching and coaching both girls and club!

Hes also mentioned Knox and rest of staff fundraised north of 80k last year to give their kids the best opportunity. THEY did that. Its actually very impressive. Does Allan help? Duh. But i believe everyone would be shocked how much, from pretty much everyone I've talked too, he really gives. I will be looking forward to seeing those tax returns to see if that is true at all! Their fundraising in previous years has been good, but grants given to them by foundations have been more than their fundraising has provided! This shows in 2022 that Jones Foundation matched 15k.  

Josh Bosken, head coach of Higher Calling, announced that his club received a check from the Jones Foundation for $15,000. The donation was a match to funds the club raised at a fireworks sale in July.

“We are the best-funded kids wrestling club in the United States thanks to the Allan Jones Foundation,” said Bosken.

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

We are hustling and working to do the same. But when you are winning, its amazing that fundraising gets easier. We aren't afraid to work.  Every Cleveland person thats been on here has never denied money helping. They have denied money being the reason.  Yeah, they really have stated that they just outwork people, maybe you have missed the many that have came on here for prior years that its not just a mantra they literally outwork everyone so everyone else needs to quit crying!  Also, if I can find it again I'll get you the name of a foundation you can call and see about a donation! They had one that gave 13k and so along with the 15k given by Jones that is a great deal of money that they received! So I'll pass it along if I can find it again!  Nevermind found it,  contact Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga and see if they can maybe help.

Cleveland has got it going on...... but we are coming for you haha

@HumoristLogsdon is the GOAT 

I did find one such donor to them and I find it funny is Community Foundation of Cleveland and Bradley County. They are a designated funds recipient, which means someone gives money directly on HCWC behalf and they in turn donate that exact amount directly to HCWC and no one else. I can't see who the person or business is that is giving the money to the Community Foundation. 

Edited by cobrakid8

31 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

I have a hard time believing you know anyone that is TRULY connected to that program.

If so....say the name. Im sure these parents will let you know.

lol, yeah and than I lose my source, some here might believe it but I'm not an idiot!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

Do you realize how good their kids club is right now?

They have 2 8th graders that would win State Titles this year (one of them would have won as a 7th grader)

If anyone is moving anywhere, its where they go. 

Hard pill to swallow for most, unless you are at these youth competitions and see.

Maddox High is as legit as they come. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrecoFanatic said:

I was connected deeper than what you think. Like I’ve mentioned before and I’ll say it now. Alumni. I’ll beat my chest a little here…
Class of ‘95 Still the overall best class to walk those halls. 
4 State Championships in Wrestling 

2 in football. Oh and a Top 15 National Ranking. Coached by one of the absolute best football coaches who’s name is on the field. Benny Monroe. And yeah I was a starter for Benny…

1 in Track and Field. 
oh and we can boast a an ESPY winner as well. 
Came back after I wrestled at UT Chatt ‘95-2000 and was the head coach of Cleveland Youth Wrestling/Asst Cleveland Middle Wrestling/ Asst Cleveland High School Wrestling.

But as I always tell you Cleveland “transplants” know your history before barking. 
I know more than what you think…Just sayin

Edited by Humorist