Cleveland High School Recruiting

Ummmno

1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

you do understand you won state championships with Jake Yost as head coach, what was it 2 in a row before he left to go to McCallie?  You had a down year or 2 with joey and Josh as head coaches before the current run? I mean maybe I am misremembering things but I'm pretty sure that is how the last 10 or so years have been there and that started with Jake Yost as head coach and I think Josh was a head coach for a short period of time before stepping down. 

You seem to be misremembering that Josh was the developmental coach BEFORE Jake was the head coach. Jake is a great coach, but don’t act like Josh is riding Jake’s coat tails. Also, Joey was a part of state title teams before he came to Cleveland and there is a big difference between winning one or two titles and winning 6 in a row. That is like saying Saban is not the G.O.A.T because Bama had won National Titles before he took over.  Don’t forget that Joey was on Jake’s staff as well as an assistant and was a huge part of the success those kids were having because he was coaching them.

Just now, FrecoFanatic said:

You seem to be misremembering that Josh was the developmental coach BEFORE Jake was the head coach. Jake is a great coach, but don’t act like Josh is riding Jake’s coat tails. Also, Joey was a part of state title teams before he came to Cleveland and there is a big difference between winning one or two titles and winning 6 in a row. That is like saying Saban is not the G.O.A.T because Bama had won National Titles before he took over.  Don’t forget that Joey was on Jake’s staff as well as an assistant and was a huge part of the success those kids were having because he was coaching them.

actually Jake won 3 in a row, since I just looked or at least Cleveland did 2013-2015!  Also Saban is the GOAT because BAMA decided they were tired of losing and put a huge commitment on hiring Saban and allowing him to hire the best coaches and best weight training and best of everything, and GUESS WHAT, THAT TOOK MONEY FOR HIM TO DO!  SABAN was the highest paid coach by millions when hired after failing at Miami in the pros, He was the highest paid coach in the country, He had the highest assistant coach pool in the country and his S&C coach was ALSO the highest paid S&C coach in the country!   Sounds very familiar! If not don't you think Saban won have won more games at MSU where he wont .585 of his games while Dantonio took over many years after and won many more games than Saban did at the same place? Saban went from MSU to LSU who had much more a commitment to winning, paid him as the 2nd highest coach in the country and about the same for his assistants, he won a Natty there before heading to the pros, hired by Bama and their financial commitment to Saban has been paid back 20 fold! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

good lord....i genuinely don't understand how this goes over every person from cleveland's head....

IF THEY ALL LEFT HE'D JUST BRING IN MORE TOP TIER COACHES. 

His money gives ALL of you access to things the rest of the state isnt privy to. Does anybody blame you? NO. 

NOBODY is hating on you for getting things the rest of the state doesnt get. We'd ALL take it if we had the opportunity. 

What annoys everybody is you acting as if, and now flat out saying, that the money doesn't help you in any way shape or form. JUST ADMIT IT DOES AND WE'D ALL GO AWAY. 

There you ago again putting words in my mouth. I already admitted that being well-funded has advantages (read my previous post). I am telling all of you that the wrestling side of things and the skill and culture are 100% because of the kids, Josh, and Joey; and NOT Allan. Save your breath because you are not going to convince me that Allan’s money attracted us to Cleveland or taught my son how to wrestle. The biggest jumps he had were the years we spent in Josh’s garage and the barn I mentioned in a previous post (and I have never received a dime from Allan Jones). Honestly, I am not sure why you care about convincing me. Believe what you want, and I will do the same. You want to be angry about the fact that I am giving the credit to Josh and Joey, be angry about it, but you can quit wasting your breath.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

I cant. You just keep dodging the point. You guys are all absolutely delusional. 

I want you to understand something too. Cleveland is the punchline to EVERY wrestling joke in the state. For this reason. Because of the Cleveland parents and fans. Its borderline cult like behavior. 

If every good kid and every top coach at that program left tomorrow by the weekend he'd have it back to where it is today. 

Laugh all you want. Lol.

10 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

There you ago again putting words in my mouth. I already admitted that being well-funded has advantages (read my previous post). I am telling all of you that the wrestling side of things and the skill and culture are 100% because of the kids, Josh, and Joey; and NOT Allan. Save your breath because you are not going to convince me that Allan’s money attracted us to Cleveland or taught my son how to wrestle. The biggest jumps he had were the years we spent in Josh’s garage and the barn I mentioned in a previous post (and I have never received a dime from Allan Jones). Honestly, I am not sure why you care about convincing me. Believe what you want, and I will do the same. You want to be angry about the fact that I am giving the credit to Josh and Joey, be angry about it, but you can quit wasting your breath.

I don't think anyone is really angry about it, Just think some people are DUMB to think that Josh and Joey are the only reason why the program is successful when the article when Josh got his AAU award states he came to Jones to get the kids club program jumpstarted in Cleveland and Jones obliged by giving it the money needed to start! Do you think the same thing that is happening now takes place if Jones had said NO THANKS? I mean even with Jones money it took years for them to get the program where it is today. 

They actually hired Heath as the head club coach after Jones hired a national hiring firm, until he left making Josh the kids club coach. Yost won 3 straight state titles 2013-2015 and after he left they went 3 years without a state title, I think Bosken was head coach for a season during that stretch, Knox became head coach and had a few more seasons with no state title before running off the insane title run they are on now! 

I did find this post from 2013 and wanted to see how much was fact?

Cleveland has had a lot of success over the years, but what brought them back to the elite level was hiring Heath Eslinger and just as vital was Heath's hiring of Eric Phillips as the MS coach at CHS, and Heath's formation (along with Coach Al Morris of Walker Valley) of the Higher Calling Wrestling Club as a kids club. Walker Valley has since started their own kids club, but they actually started Higher Calling together. Before that, Bradley had the only kid's club in town and most all the young wrestlers (many who were sons of former Bradley and Cleveland wrestlers) were in the Bradley club and ended up at Bradley. Hiring Heath was the first step, but if he hadn't gotten lucky and found Eric Phillips (which is another story that someone can tell better than me) and started the kids club, they probably aren't where they are today. Also, FWIW, Heath and Eric Phillips are better people than they are wrestlers or wrestling coaches and they are obviously two of the best coaches in the state of TN.

of course plenty more after that, that seems to be a good read on who all should be commended as part of the wrestling dynasty that is Cleveland

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

But you and many others are saying, without the money you wont have similar success.

If we start a dominant run, is it because someone was giving us money?

Soddy is restoring the history it once had.....did Steve Henry build his program off money?

So yes, you are embarrassing our program. You should know better than anyone.

Now, we are getting sponsorships to help us do certain things and give iur kids better opportunities.....what program doesn't do that?

Did Steve Logsdon build his off money as well? Everyone seems to forget about the 17 years of deep history at Bradley. 
Let’s throw this out there. When Josh was let go after his dilemma at Cleveland I remember someone paying his salary to just run club and advertise. And he was rehired after his probationary period was over. But Allan didn’t want to see him leave so he paid for a years worth of his salary and that’s when Josh started really focusing on his Bosken Trained camps.  But in the beginning Allan dropped a chunk of money into the programs (youth, middle, and high). But without that money I don’t believe they would be where they are now? But that foundation that they laid has definitely helped them takeover the state especially with their fundraising and advertising. But what do I know I’m just delusional when it comes to all of this? Especially to the newbies and/or transplants in this town. 

29 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I don't think anyone is really angry about it, Just think some people are DUMB to think that Josh and Joey are the only reason why the program is successful when the article when Josh got his AAU award states he came to Jones to get the kids club program jumpstarted in Cleveland and Jones obliged by giving it the money needed to start! Do you think the same thing that is happening now takes place if Jones had said NO THANKS? I mean even with Jones money it took years for them to get the program where it is today. 

They actually hired Heath as the head club coach after Jones hired a national hiring firm, until he left making Josh the kids club coach. Yost won 3 straight state titles 2013-2015 and after he left they went 3 years without a state title, I think Bosken was head coach for a season during that stretch, Knox became head coach and had a few more seasons with no state title before running off the insane title run they are on now! 

I did find this post from 2013 and wanted to see how much was fact?

Cleveland has had a lot of success over the years, but what brought them back to the elite level was hiring Heath Eslinger and just as vital was Heath's hiring of Eric Phillips as the MS coach at CHS, and Heath's formation (along with Coach Al Morris of Walker Valley) of the Higher Calling Wrestling Club as a kids club. Walker Valley has since started their own kids club, but they actually started Higher Calling together. Before that, Bradley had the only kid's club in town and most all the young wrestlers (many who were sons of former Bradley and Cleveland wrestlers) were in the Bradley club and ended up at Bradley. Hiring Heath was the first step, but if he hadn't gotten lucky and found Eric Phillips (which is another story that someone can tell better than me) and started the kids club, they probably aren't where they are today. Also, FWIW, Heath and Eric Phillips are better people than they are wrestlers or wrestling coaches and they are obviously two of the best coaches in the state of TN.

of course plenty more after that, that seems to be a good read on who all should be commended as part of the wrestling dynasty that is Cleveland

It’s true. Heath, Al Morris, and Al Miller along with myself, Carlos Thompson, and Josh Coleman. We were to have helped get it going. But as time went along I along with the others mentioned were let go. So that’s when i made my pilgrimage to Red Bank and helped Kevin Emily.  Heath took my last middle school group of kids and finished 5th that year. Then afterwards Heath made his way to UT Chatt to be an assistant to Terry Brands. 

Edited by Humorist

Serious question

Dont say provides more opportunities

Do you think Bosken pays people to move in?

Does he pay for kids to travel everywhere?

Is Bosken getting all of it?

@Humorist you seemed connected to the program, I assume you have been in the room with Bosken/Knox. What is the money doing for Cleveland? Do they pay for kids to move in? Why are their kids good? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Humorist said:

Did Steve Logsdon build his off money as well? Everyone seems to forget about the 17 years of deep history at Bradley. 
Let’s throw this out there. When Josh was let go after his dilemma at Cleveland I remember someone paying his salary to just run club and advertise. And he was rehired after his probationary period was over. But Allan didn’t want to see him leave so he paid for a years worth of his salary and that’s when Josh started really focusing on his Bosken Trained camps.  But in the beginning Allan dropped a chunk of money into the programs (youth, middle, and high). But without that money I don’t believe they would be where they are now? But that foundation that they laid has definitely helped them takeover the state especially with their fundraising and advertising. But what do I know I’m just delusional when it comes to all of this? Especially to the newbies and/or transplants in this town. 

THIS is exactly what I'm trying to understand why people are not understanding it all! It must be alot of them just have no common sense and their math isn't mathing right now. The foundation was laid because Jones put the money out for it to take place! Also for them to say that no one is paid with HCWC is funny, their tax records show employee pay of 17k plus without names being put on it. I know I volunteered with Soddy way back right after I graduated and never got paid, but 17k is a good chunk of money to coach wrestling, especially youth wrestling and on top of that having a job like a teacher(yes I taught and had a teaching license, at this point 18 years in I would be making 62k plus in Hamilton county and that's just with my BS, masters pay year 18 at 69k. Starting is 45k. That with the summers off to be able to train more full time plus travel.  Now teachers don't make the money they should for the work they do teaching our youngsters, but 17k for coaching youth level is pretty good! 

1 minute ago, Rasslinking said:

Serious question

@Humorist you seemed connected to the program, I assume you have been in the room with Bosken/Knox. What is the money doing for Cleveland? Do they pay for kids to move in? Why are their kids good? 

They money pays for a nice facility, the money pays for coaches to be brought in. Idk what you mean by "all of it". Bosken gets paid just as the other coaches get paid. 

and if they all decided to up and leave tomorrow and the jones center demolished, money would do it all over again

1 minute ago, Rasslinking said:

Serious question

I’ll say this…Joey and Josh are doing a tremendous job. Last far as money goes I’ve never seen except in the beginning. When I left. And that was back in ‘05? If my mind is right? I was the youth head coach prior to going to the High school staff. But after I left is when the money started coming in just to get things headed in the right direction. Which Cleveland really wasn’t in bad shape? We were within a hair of getting Logsdon as the head coach. But Heath came in and basically brought in Eric as well as my cousin Rusty Blackmon and then a year later is when Josh showed up. Flat bill and all. Haha