Any East Tn hoops teams good? Who’s the best to go watch?

Rebelyell10

1 hour ago, bounder said:

Come over to Oak Ridge if you like  run and gun! 

48 minutes ago, pressboxhero1979 said:

Oak ridge is another team who is very well coached and has a good brand of basketball. Maryville is another and supposebly has a very solid freshman class coming in.

Oak Ridge didn't impress me in Arby's that much... Maryville did on the other hand... I think they'll head to the Boro this year if they can get through that murderer's row conference they're in.  I don't thin anyone in Region 1 will have anything for them.

South Greene just added 6'7  Chandler Gamble from Knoxville Halls who has averaged a double double on the season and South Greene has already had a good run so far this year.  The big question will be if they can get out of the regional tournament withe teams like GP, AE, and Alcoa.  Whoever wins that region will have it easy, whoever doesn't will face the defending champ Fulton 

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

South Greene just added 6'7  Chandler Gamble from Knoxville Halls who has averaged a double double on the season and South Greene has already had a good run so far this year.  The big question will be if they can get out of the regional tournament withe teams like GP, AE, and Alcoa.  Whoever wins that region will have it easy, whoever doesn't will face the defending champ Fulton 

Fulton got moved up to 3A in the new classification. May be a matchup with GHS on the horizon

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Fulton got moved up to 3A in the new classification. May be a matchup with GHS on the horizon

You’re right and hope Greeneville can win their region to not have to face Fulton.  Greeneville got them with Gillespie and Satterfield but the seniors of Kimber and Lee were sophomore and really good.  SG still has to get through that region and AE is 1 of Fulton 3 losses on the year.  I would guess the loser of the region will get Tyner who beat AE earlier in the year.  

Well….i went to the science hill /db game and it was bad game!  DB was down double digits in first and then the refs blew 7/8 fouls on SH and 1 on db in 2nd quarter…I sat kinda behind db bench towards the middle so I could hear the coaches and watched SH coach game plan and actually coach while db coach did a lot of crying to refs with hands raised up, instead of coaching.  It ended up being a close game because SH started taking the air out of the ball.  I did hear several people saying another player quit this week and that made about 5 so far this season and that kids quit every year….if so, sounds like a problem but it sounds fishy

Baylor when they play Knox Webb soon is worth checking out. Only 3 losses all to out of state teams ranked nationally. Beat CCS In Chatt by 20+ the other day and they have a solid team. 

Edited by FR615

1 hour ago, Rebelyell10 said:

Well….i went to the science hill /db game and it was bad game!  DB was down double digits in first and then the refs blew 7/8 fouls on SH and 1 on db in 2nd quarter…I sat kinda behind db bench towards the middle so I could hear the coaches and watched SH coach game plan and actually coach while db coach did a lot of crying to refs with hands raised up, instead of coaching.  It ended up being a close game because SH started taking the air out of the ball.  I did hear several people saying another player quit this week and that made about 5 so far this season and that kids quit every year….if so, sounds like a problem but it 

Edited by numnuts

7 hours ago, Rebelyell10 said:

Then why was he a starter before Christmas?

Who was the player who quit?  I didn't notice anything different last night.

D-B has one for sure win left in them this year (Volunteer next Tuesday) and maybe two if the Gate City game gets rescheduled, but I'm not so sure they can even win against them as Gate City is one of the best along with George Wythe SWVA has to offer.

The rest is looking dismal.  Going to be a one and done in the region most likely.  It's pretty sad to see the TAC about 75% empty by halftime of the boys game these days.

Teegan, Ethan  ??  I think is the name I heard.  A guy near me, had his hat on sideways (backward) was telling his buddies about how several kids had quit (ran off) and a few more were close to hanging it up also….sounds like a circus huh?  I like you tribal, u keep it honest it seems like