Gatlinburg Pittman

I'll continue to say this because I have seen it so many times. That 101 to 18 blow out will bite you on the behind. Someone will beat you and put you out of the chance to win a state tournament.  I'd be a shame, did you ever start to think about what you have done to a young group of ladies. Can't wait till I can come back to this post to say I told you so. TSSAA needs to come up with some kind of a rule to avoid this.

7 hours ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

I'll continue to say this because I have seen it so many times. That 101 to 18 blow out will bite you on the behind. Someone will beat you and put you out of the chance to win a state tournament.  I'd be a shame, did you ever start to think about what you have done to a young group of ladies. Can't wait till I can come back to this post to say I told you so. TSSAA needs to come up with some kind of a rule to avoid this.

The rule is called defense!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

Gatlinburg Female Highlanders mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals three times in one game. Gatlinburg Female Highlanders beat Eagleton Female Royals 101-18.  That means they mercy ruled them more than three times in one game. 25 points times 3 is 75 points. 75 points plus 18 points is 93 points. If Gatlinburg Female Highlanders had scored 7 more points they would have mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals four times in one game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Did Coach Moore for Gatlinburg Female Highlanders take a selfie after the game like the Gatlinburg Highlanders coach does on Friday nights? Gatlinburg Female Highlanders almost mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals four times in one game. A selfie is needed to commemorate the memory. Gatlinburg Highlanders football only mercy ruled teams 9 times in 2023. The Gatlinburg Female Highlander Coach Moore got over three mercy rule wins in one game. That is over one third the amount of mercy rule wins Gatlinburg Highlanders had the whole season. It happened. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

12 hours ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

I'm a parent of the real Highlanders of Cloudland and I'm proud we have a coach who would never humiliate another team.  I don't think there should be a rule because these types of ordeals usually works themselves out and the result is often heartbreak,  like you said. 

If GP loses it won't be because they beat a bad team 101-18!   They are a VERY talented team with alot of depth.  I wasn't there but I doubt they pressed the entire game or had their starters in most of the second half.  If they did then they shouldn't have and you can complain! 

In most cases like this the bench comes in early and stays most of the game.  And if you put your bench in are you supposed to tell the girls that work their butt every single day in practice that they aren't supposed to go out there and play the game?   Sometimes the talent gap on the floor can't be changed.  You can change to zone defense and you can stop pressing but you can't tell your girls to not score the ball or ask them to let the other team score!    Would you rather them hold the ball at half court for 2 quarters of the game??  If that is what you guys are saying then why doesn't the other team just forfeit after the first quarter?   Now if the team pressed the entire game or left their starters in that is a different story. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LadyCavsFan said:

If GP loses it won't be because they beat a bad team 101-18!   They are a VERY talented team with alot of depth.  I wasn't there but I doubt they pressed the entire game or had their starters in most of the second half.  If they did then they shouldn't have and you can complain! 

In most cases like this the bench comes in early and stays most of the game.  And if you put your bench in are you supposed to tell the girls that work their butt every single day in practice that they aren't supposed to go out there and play the game?   Sometimes the talent gap on the floor can't be changed.  You can change to zone defense and you can stop pressing but you can't tell your girls to not score the ball or ask them to let the other team score!    Would you rather them hold the ball at half court for 2 quarters of the game??  If that is what you guys are saying then why doesn't the other team just forfeit after the first quarter?   Now if the team pressed the entire game or left their starters in that is a different story. 

You are right. Gatlinburg Female Highlanders have a great team. Gatlinburg Highlanders almost mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals FOUR times in one game. Gatlinburg Female Highlanders will be in the state sectional with a great chance at the state tournament. It will happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

6 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

You are right. Gatlinburg Female Highlanders have a great team. Gatlinburg Highlanders almost mercy ruled Eagleton Female Royals FOUR times in one game. Gatlinburg Female Highlanders will be in the state sectional with a great chance at the state tournament. It will happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I am blocking this idiot I suggest the rest of CoachT posters do the same thing.  Morons like this guy ruin message boards with these idiotic posts. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I'm not complaining I have no dog in that fight, I'm just saying you shouldn't humiliate another team like that, what did the team earn from doing that, it proved nothing cause there was nothing to prove. In my eyes the coach has control of their team, it all depends on if the coach has any class or if they enjoy humiliating groups of young teenagers. On that note just saying you usually get what you deserve. 

15 minutes ago, smalltownguy1966 said:

I'm not complaining I have no dog in that fight, I'm just saying you shouldn't humiliate another team like that, what did the team earn from doing that, it proved nothing cause there was nothing to prove. In my eyes the coach has control of their team, it all depends on if the coach has any class or if they enjoy humiliating groups of young teenagers. On that note just saying you usually get what you deserve. 

This school has been beaten by 61 as well this year. GP has to play them as they are a district team and while I agree it was a little excessive, it was still going to be bad either way. This is a relatively new school, who shouldn’t even be playing a TSSAA schedule. Is this a home school or just a new private school in Maryville?

UCsportsfan is a mean, evil, disrespectful person. The hurtful things he or she says and the name calling is just hateful and not loving. This is about Gatlinburg Female Highlanders beating a team so bad that they almost mercy ruled them four times in one game. The mercy rule is 25 points. Gatlinburg Female Highlanders beat Eagleton Female Royals almost by 100 points in a game which is almost four mercy rules in one. Those are the facts. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

20 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

This school has been beaten by 61 as well this year. GP has to play them as they are a district team and while I agree it was a little excessive, it was still going to be bad either way. This is a relatively new school, who shouldn’t even be playing a TSSAA schedule. Is this a home school or just a new private school in Maryville?

I know of a very popular coach that will literally tell his players to stop shooting, because he has class and knows beating a team by that much does you no good, you learn nor gain absolutely anything from it, with the exception of respect from the other team.