#1 Yazdani vs #2 Posey…Brentwood vs Summit Cons Finals Controversy

WrestlingGod

The ref comes running in, waving his arms and it sounds like to me that the ref immediately says "match is over." Anyone else hear this?

He then circles his finger signaling start injury time and says "injury time, it's your second".

Sounds like his mind was made up while he was running in and blowing the whistle.

4 minutes ago, BOUNCE said:

After watching the video many times and listening to the ref, it sounds like he was injury defaulted for crying out.  ive never seen that 

From my vantage point, and not long before this, the Brentwood wrestler appeared to "tap out"  when he was in a bad position and no near-fall awarded to Summit. Guess it wasnt a big deal to anyone, including Summit coaches bc they didnt cause a stink over it.

3 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

Track has it listed as an inj def and no a dq despite the ref saying he’s done for arguing with him. Since it’s an inj def he’ll be allowed to wrestle 

I was told the wrestler used a minute and twenty eight seconds of his injury time on his first one. He only had two seconds left for the second injury time. If he wasn't ready to go he had to default.

40 minutes ago, Volgrappledad said:

That is what I understood as well. And just for clarification,  a simple decision by Yazdani was all that was needed for Brentwood and he clearly was the better wrestler. He defeated posey by 6 or 7 in their previous match a week ago.

Was he the better wrestler when posey had him in a cradle and on his back 30 seconds into the match and the refs stopped the match and didn’t award the appropriate points? He should’ve been down 6-0 right then. 

It surprised me that Summit Spartans lost this match to Brentwood Bruins. Brentwood Bruins have a good team and got the third place medal but I thought Summit Spartans would get that medal. I am glad that Brentwood Bruins and Summit Spartans both had good tournaments and good teams. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.