Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

Starts with the YOUTH program. Got the best coach in the south and anywhere close. Josh Bosken. Parents love him. Parents want to move here for him and on to HS. It’s not facilities, money or recruiting. We don’t have to. The dynasty draws them in. And sponsored by………… IMG_5056.thumb.jpeg.7bf4e3ab21088654394358c3bcda1b61.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1/4th of those will be at Mccallie. Like the one that left for Mccallie. …In 8th grade…You know the one whose family actually lives in North Carolina and rents out a piece of property I’m sure you aware of. Yost and his assistants are starting to steal talent. 

Edited by FR615

39 minutes ago, FR615 said:

1/4th of those will be at Mccallie. Like the one that left for Mccallie. …In 8th grade…You know the one whose family actually lives in North Carolina and rents out a piece of property I’m sure you aware of. Yost and his assistants are starting to steal talent. 

We’re developing our own too.  

Edited by matpitts81
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, matpitts81 said:

I know this. Not sure how many on your varsity roster this year were actually “your own.” The Gentles and 2 others? I’m done feeding this troll and his threads. You’re a great coach and doing an excellent job buts it interesting you feel the need to chime in a coacht troll thread

Edited by FR615

7 hours ago, FR615 said:

Not stealing talent from us. If they see they won’t make the lineup then I can see some leave to go elsewhere. 

7 hours ago, matpitts81 said:

I have been calling for McCallie to be the favorites since October. Nice job on getting it done! You are good down low and up top and that is hard to beat in a dual meet.  By my account, you developed ~35% of your current lineup.

Lane- 1st year at McCallie- Soddy club/Boom Ranch

Ritiche- 2nd year at McCallie- Soddy club/Boom Ranch

Connell- all you

Williams- 1st year at McCallie- as mentioned above the family currently lives in NC, but they are doing a Deuce McKnight type deal.

Pierce- 2nd year at McCallie- boarder from Atlanta

Villars- 1st year at McCallie- Boyd/Boom Ranch

Ledbetter- 1st year at McCallie- Boyd/Boom Ranch

Morgan- 1st year at McCallie- boarder from Cookeville

Ryan- 2nd year at McCallie- boarder from Charlotte, NC

Voiles- 2nd year at McCallie- Gordon Lee

Cross- all you

McMahan- all you

Gentle x2- all you

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FR615 said:

I know this. Not sure how many on your varsity roster this year were actually “your own.” The Gentles and 2 others? I’m done feeding this troll and his threads. You’re a great coach and doing an excellent job buts it interesting you feel the need to chime in a coacht troll thread

Maybe he feels the need to chime in because you literally just trashed his friend and our head coach by saying Yost is "stealing" talent. How do you define stealing? 

And you don't even know the Williams family nor did Jake Yost before they freaking applied to go to school there. Maybe, and this is just a guess, parents talk to other parents. 

who cares where any of these kids began their wrestling journey?  This seems like a bunch of crybabies looking for something negative to throw at one program that is not exactly like their program.  Youth coaches do not own the kids, how can a person going to another program be considered "stealing"?  The Bob Coker post is informational, but has no value at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, texas23 said:

who cares where any of these kids began their wrestling journey?  This seems like a bunch of crybabies looking for something negative to throw at one program that is not exactly like their program.  Youth coaches do not own the kids, how can a person going to another program be considered "stealing"?  The Bob Coker post is informational, but has no value at all.

I think we are actually in agreement.  I don't care where their journey started.  I have been on the record on here as saying kids should be able to move and transfer to get the best opportunities.  I do care that idiots like TreyB and others who claim their program is 100% in-house.  Every successful program benefits from kids moving around; some programs like to pretend it doesn't happen. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, BobCorker said:

I think we are actually in agreement.  I don't care where their journey started.  I have been on the record on here as saying kids should be able to move and transfer to get the best opportunities.  I do care that idiots like TreyB and others who claim their program is 100% in-house.  Every successful program benefits from kids moving around; some programs like to pretend it doesn't happen. 

fair enough.  I still do not understand why that would matter to you or anyone.

15 hours ago, matpitts81 said:

I think @FR615 is frustrated about Father Ryan's disappointing loss yesterday. 

@FR615 had predicted several times that Father Ryan would beat McCallie yesterday.  Although most of his predictions were rights, and he clearly has a lot of insight, he was wrong about the final outcome.  

Yost, Pitts, Newman, Levitt, Slaugh, Connell, Herring, etc. did a terrific job.  Huge turnaround from a couple of years ago--and not with upper classman picked off from other schools from the areas/state or around the country. Instead, they won with kids they developed, 8th graders, and under classman.  They have the resources to go get experienced wrestlers from around the country and bring them in as boarders as a quick fix. That is not what they did.  They are rebuilding the program.  

Based on @BobCorker's logic, the only kids McCallie gets credit for developing are kids who came to McCallie for a different sport or in one case, his grandfather was the head coach of McCallie wrestling for about  50 years.  I don't know how other schools would compare with Bob's pureness test, but for reference, the wrestling program is a lot higher than the football team. 

As for whether talent is developed by McCallie or other programs--if the kids come to McCallie in middle school, even in 8th grade (or 9th grade for boarders)--its a little silly to say they are "stolen".  McCallie does not operate an elementary school, neither does Cleveland or FR (as far as I know). Just because these kids go to training at some elite training program does not designate them for one high school or another.  

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Whoweft said:

I think @FR615 is frustrated about Father Ryan's disappointing loss yesterday. 

@FR615 had predicted several times that Father Ryan would beat McCallie yesterday.  Although most of his predictions were rights, and he clearly has a lot of insight, he was wrong about the final outcome.  

Yost, Pitts, Newman, Levitt, Slaugh, Connell, Herring, etc. did a terrific job.  Huge turnaround from a couple of years ago--and not with upper classman picked off from other schools from the areas/state or around the country. Instead, they won with kids they developed, 8th graders, and under classman.  They have the resources to go get experienced wrestlers from around the country and bring them in as boarders as a quick fix. That is not what they did.  They are rebuilding the program.  

Based on @BobCorker's logic, the only kids McCallie gets credit for developing are kids who came to McCallie for a different sport or in one case, his grandfather was the head coach of McCallie wrestling for about  50 years.  I don't know how other schools would compare with Bob's pureness test, but for reference, the wrestling program is a lot higher than the football team. 

As for whether talent is developed by McCallie or other programs--if the kids come to McCallie in middle school, even in 8th grade (or 9th grade for boarders)--its a little silly to say they are "stolen".  McCallie does not operate an elementary school, neither does Cleveland or FR (as far as I know). Just because these kids go to training at some elite training program does not designate them for one high school or another.  

and all the people said.....Amen!

• Like 1