Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

14 hours ago, CdotRoller said:

The HCWC wrestlers we currently have in our room would be just as good if we practiced in the basketball gym, at the middle school, or in the parking lot.  I’m grateful we have a wrestling room specifically for our wrestlers, but that’s not unique to Cleveland.  I would say virtually every school in the state shares this fine luxury you seem to think only Cleveland has. 

So can you explain where all this money(you claim our wrestlers get) is spent?  Please Show me your proof.  If we pay for our own fees, our own gear, our own tournaments, and our own travel, then what’s left?

Hats off and respect to all programs, coaches, parents and local businesses that help raise money to support Wrestling in the State of Tennessee!  The sport is booming, and will continue to get better.

Do Club Programs have to pay to use the Wrestling Facility or is that donated by the school/city?

Do coaches run clinics in the facility and keep proceeds from clinics/camps from attendees, which is income or donated back to the Club Program?

How much are the Club coaches paid?  There are probably 2-3 Clubs that pay their coaches in the State of Tennessee.  (That # will increase in the future, and some of the coaches are doing a phenomenal job and have earned that pay-check for their Programs)

Cost for Wrestling:
AAU Card/Membership
Singlet/Shoes
Travel to Tournaments (Entry fee for fans)

• Thanks 1

Just now, cobrakid8 said:

again, lots of schools don't have rooms, we aren't talking about the cream of the crop, which the ones you listed would be part of and would also go to prove having a wrestling room DOES give a school an advantage. Because they can practice without jumping through hoops to get practice time OR scheduling a dual meet or even a tournament! Shows how well Summit is coached to be where they are and not have a practice room! I think  Tullahoma who was Small school RU doesn't have a wrestling room to their selves! I don't think Franklin High who used to be really good in wrestling has a wrestling room either, although not 100% sure of that. But again, you proved my point that the small time(but big schools) that dont have a wrestling room tend to not be all that good in wrestling. Also if you count a little area behind the bleachers like Alcoa deals with I'm not really sure that counts as a wrestling room that is distinctly for wrestling only! 

No you proved my point. All the school that care about wrestling and are dedicated to growing the sport have a room. 

So the argument that Cleveland has an advantage by having a room doesn’t hold water. 

2 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

No you proved my point. All the school that care about wrestling and are dedicated to growing the sport have a room. 

So the argument that Cleveland has an advantage by having a room doesn’t hold water. 

good lord. nobody said having a room gives them an advantage.

getting more money than any other program in the state DOES give them an advantage. 

4 minutes ago, SportsTNFan said:

Hats off and respect to all programs, coaches, parents and local businesses that help raise money to support Wrestling in the State of Tennessee!  The sport is booming, and will continue to get better.

Do Club Programs have to pay to use the Wrestling Facility or is that donated by the school/city?

Do coaches run clinics in the facility and keep proceeds from clinics/camps from attendees, which is income or donated back to the Club Program?

How much are the Club coaches paid?  There are probably 2-3 Clubs that pay their coaches in the State of Tennessee.  (That # will increase in the future, and some of the coaches are doing a phenomenal job and have earned that pay-check for their Programs)

Cost for Wrestling:
AAU Card/Membership
Singlet/Shoes
Travel to Tournaments (Entry fee for fans)

We have to pay the school to use the facility any time out of season. That includes HS not just kids club. 

1 minute ago, Ummmno said:

good lord. nobody said having a room gives them an advantage.

getting more money than any other program in the state DOES give them an advantage. 

Ok. So YOU tell ME how money I’ve never received helped ME. 

You are making claims you’re not able to support. 

36 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

Because the Jones Center can host matches?

I mean you’re reaching. You continually move the goal post…first it was most schools don’t have a room…now it’s the size of the room. 

OR 

Jones funds us now…(I have paid for everything to be on our team, including driving from Knoxville 3-4 times per week)  to well he set you up 25 years ago for what you have now. 

I have no clue who funds or funded what…all I know is Coach Bosken setup a practice schedule and we’re in the room as much as we can be.  My son practices hard, has great partners and great coaches and all that together makes really good wrestlers.  The size of the room or none of the amenities that you think are so impactful have anything to do with the product HCWC puts out.  My son was a pretty good wrestler when we came there…he’s only gotten better since he’s been there. 

for the love of god you don't have much reading comprehension. The fact that Jones started the program with HIS Money is the reason most likely that Josh was able to setup and do HCWC! He went hat in hand to Allan Jones, heck he has stated so himself and asked for the money to start the program, IF that money wasn't given and Jones told him to pound sand, HCWC might not have EVER been started! Josh had a dream and a 6 year plan! If the money wasn't given he might have had to go elsewhere to start HCWC and maybe that elsewhere has a dominant program and Cleveland would have been where they were in the late 90's and early 2000's as second fiddle to schools like Bradley and even Soddy Daisy! Instead Allan gave the money and started a program that no one else was building in the state! So this was before your son's time as a big time wrestler or even going to HCWC. None of us are saying that hard work hasn't helped build that program, but without Allan Jones that program might not have ever gotten off the ground and it seems everyone is to stupid to understand or see that! Even Mark Smith at the time wasn't giving the money he is now, HCWC was funded by Allan Jones to start and if not for him there might not be a HCWC at Cleveland, Josh might have had to go elsewhere since I don't think his dream would have just died, but as they say, to make a fortune, you most of the time have to start with one! They have built on what was paid for to start, now they can afford to pay good coaches to come in and help with all that!    So you can defend all you want and think its going after Josh, BUT in an interview he himself stated he had the dream and went to Allan to make that come true! Since then the hard work has built them into the dominant program they are at now!  Also been in Jones Center many many times, there isn't another place like it in the state and that even includes the wrestling room at Bradley! 

Edited by cobrakid8

3 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Not sure how much time you have spent in public schools, but you would be sadly mistaken if you think most public schools have dedicated wrestling rooms for practices and such! I can name you about 8 just around me that have to share a gym with basketball through the entire season. So yes, most all private schools have a dedicated gym for wrestling, schools like Bradley, Cleveland and Soddy do also!  But schools especially in small school division do not have anything remotely for wrestling itself, so I would LOVE to see the list of schools in this state that have a wrestling room dedicated to their team like the 3 I mentioned above?  Also, Soddy wrestling arena is old as can be, built back in the 40's, Ulric and his team have fixed it up really nice and put some real money into it, but that building was old when my dad went to school there when it used to be the high school. It was great to be able to head to the round gym and have practices while other teams across the county had to wait for the basketball teams to finish up before being able to practice! 

Pigeon Forge has a phenomenal wrestling building. 

1 minute ago, cobrakid8 said:

for the love of god you don't have much reading comprehension. The fact that Jones started the program with HIS Money is the reason most likely that Josh was able to setup and do HCWC! He went hat in hand to Allan Jones, heck he has stated so himself and asked for the money to start the program, IF that money wasn't given and Jones told him to pound sand, HCWC might not have EVER been started! Josh had a dream and a 6 year plan! If the money wasn't given he might have had to go elsewhere to start HCWC and maybe that elsewhere has a dominant program and Cleveland would have been where they were in the late 90's and early 2000's as second fiddle to schools like Bradley and even Soddy Daisy! Instead Allan gave the money and started a program that no one else was building in the state! So this was before your son's time as a big time wrestler or even going to HCWC. None of us are saying that hard work hasn't helped build that program, but without Allan Jones that program might not have ever gotten off the ground and it seems everyone is to stupid to understand or see that! Even Mark Smith at the time wasn't giving the money he is now, HCWC was funded by Allan Jones to start and if not for him there might not be a HCWC at Cleveland, Josh might have had to go elsewhere since I don't think his dream would have just died, but as they say, to make a fortune, you most of the time have to start with one! They have built on what was paid for to start, now they can afford to pay good coaches to come in and help with all that!    So you can defend all you want and think its going after Josh, BUT in an interview he himself stated he had the dream and went to Allan to make that come true! Since that the hard work has built them into the dominant program they are at now!  Also been in Jones Center many many times, there isn't another place like it in the state and that even includes the wrestling room at Bradley! 

That place is better than most colleges. I’m sure UTC, App state, and others would love that set up. Yes that’s jealousy in my voice. Lol

• Like 1

Just now, Ummmno said:

who ever said the money donated was going in the pockets of kids or parents?

I mean it's like, hmmmmm would I rather help a kids club I have to volunteer my entire time with OR could I get paid to do so and end up being able to pick and choose which coaches I have at my wrestling club LOL  They literally paid 27k plus to coaching, but yeah every kids club has that also! 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, StormChaserWrestling said:

Pigeon Forge has a phenomenal wrestling building. 

thats great, again another one that proves not only great coaches make a difference but having facilities to take advantage such as practicing whenever you choose helps also! Thanks, I see the building now behind the school

6 minutes ago, desselle said:

That place is better than most colleges. I’m sure UTC, App state, and others would love that set up. Yes that’s jealousy in my voice. Lol

lol, I mean I understand that, been in both Bradley and Cleveland's and Bradley wrestling room does not even compare and yes most those Colleges wished they had those kind of facilities