Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

7 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

Again 

How?  How does the funding effect my son!

They didn’t bring me in 

My son didn’t have a club…we requested to be there, that’s the complete opposite of what you three are insinuating.  You three have danced around saying the funding recruited us, gave us better facilities, it’s an unfair advantage, etc.  Meanwhile Ignoring the hard work these kids put in.  In your eyes that’s at the bottom of the list and funding is number one.  And I’m saying funding is at the bottom and the hard work and coaching are why they have the success they do. I don’t know if the coaches get paid or how much…if I’m paying for coaching out of my team fees is that still Allan Jones funding…or me? 

I could be wrong but what I think they are saying is the money built the program. So if they didn’t use money on Josh then he wouldn’t be there and you probably wouldn’t be there either. So that’s how money helped your son. I could be completely off on this buts what I’ve pieced together. 

Edited by desselle
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BOUNCE said:

I know I recruited Josh…Josh didn’t recruit Trae!!!  I asked if I could bring him to HC…and that folks is how my son was “recruited”!!  THE BEST DECISION IVE EVER MADE!!! 

Josh has done good for a lot of kids. Some that didn’t end up at Cleveland. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FR615 said:

Sir I really can’t anymore. You have wasted 15 pages and still can’t seem to comprehend what people are saying.  No one is saying you personally got money. People are saying the funding helps them. Bringing in kids like yours and Canien Williams helps the team and is mutually beneficial. I’m fine with that! If you can’t see that you are blind.

@CdotRoller is not arguing that the funding we receive does not help the team. He is calling out the bull crap lie that @Ummmno started a whole thread about in claiming that we are paying for kids to come to Cleveland. The Rollers were not paid, and the Williams were not paid. No one is paid to come to Cleveland. That is all he is saying. @Ummmno is the who claimed that Allan funded our entire program and that we were paying kids to come to Cleveland. I literally copied his post and pasted it in this thread. He is saying no one “brought him in.” He asked to be in the club. Everyone is twisting his words and all he is doing is pointing out that people like @Ummmno made inflammatory statements that were 100% untrue, and then lied and said all he was saying is that Allan’s money contributed to our success. He flat out accused us of paying people to come and also claimed that Allan Jones funds our entire program. So yes, Roller is correct that those two statements together imply that Allan’s donations are used to recruit kids to Cleveland. Quit twisting his words and trying to act like @Ummmno did not word for word accuse us of this in a thread he started.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, desselle said:

I could be wrong but what I think they are saying is the money built the program. So if they didn’t use money on Josh then he wouldn’t be there and you probably wouldn’t be there either. So that’s how money helped your son. I could be completely off on this buts what I’ve pieced together. 

so if money is the main factor....how did Landon get so good?  you have been on here saying that is our advantage and at the same time saying that you guys don't have any money....this makes no sense...yall have 2 of the best guys in the state on your team from a club that can't compete financially.....I mean Jarvis....Landon.  this point in itself proves that money isn't a driving factor.....hard work is!!!!

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, FR615 said:

I think Cleveland continuing to build their program to elite is great for Tennessee wrestling. I have zero problem with any school building their program or any kids transferring to better their opportunity. 

Were you not on here yesterday accusing McCallie of “stealing” athletes? I might be mistaken. Maybe it was a different Father Ryan poster. It’s weird that you had a problem with the kids who transferred to McCallie yesterday and today you are fine with it.

1 hour ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Yes, by Allan Jones. He funds the Higher Calling Wrestling Club and the Cleveland High School team. Both. As well as pays the club coaches salary. 

“So the fact a man worth 500 million dollars funding your entire youth-high school program doesn’t put you a leg ahead of the rest of the state?”

Here are a couple more gems from @Ummmno @CdotRoller. Seems like those numbers @cobrakid8 is flexing don’t add up to enough to fund our ENTIRE program and pay all these athletes we are recruiting AND “pay for kids to go to Tulsa” as he claims. The only financial assessment more ridiculous than @Ummmno’s is @Humorist claiming Allan paid $10 million for the $2 million Jones Center. How is that math for you @BOUNCE?

I’m the liar? That’s what I was told back in the day as an assistant there at Cleveland. Am I making that up as well? Or maybe I’m making it up that I’m an alum. I mean it seems that the program itself only came about when the fore mentioned showed up? I mean I don’t have to say anything about what I did there. I mean what jumpstarted that program back before Knox and Bosken were my kids. Those that I coached from youth to even those on the middle and high school level. I’m just stating what I was told as an assistant. You can believe me or not. That’s purely up to you. 
I want my name off that wall and my pics out of that building. And to say I was Cleveland thru and thru and get hated on by these so called Cleveland faithful. Yeah y’all are faithful alright. My feelings aren’t hurt by any means. But every time I throw a fact up on here. It’s refuted like you were there? C’mon. We or at least I get it the Cleveland faithful don’t want to hear anything about the past. They don’t want to hear about the Championship teams mentioned before. Afraid they will be overshadowed. I’ll leave you with this…go ask Allan about the time I saved his kids butt from being ejected from the state tournament back in the day? Got mouthy with a police officer at the arena. Or better yet when he called me a liar and said I cussed out one of my middle schoolers. And confronted him and was literally heading to his office when he called to apologize and said it was a misunderstanding. Or when he paid me to haul his kid and his teammates around to tournaments in the Check Into Cash Van. 
im like Katt Williams at Club Shay Shay. Better recognize. 

1 minute ago, BOUNCE said:

so if money is the main factor....how did Landon get so good?  you have been on here saying that is our advantage and at the same time saying that you guys don't have any money....this makes no sense...yall have 2 of the best guys in the state on your team from a club that can't compete financially.....I mean Jarvis....Landon.  this point in itself proves that money isn't a driving factor.....hard work is!!!!

Hold on Bruce I haven’t said money is the main advantage. My words have been misconstrued. I’m on here trying to clarify what people are trying to say. We’ve got two sides beating their heads against the wall trying to prove a point. I thought maybe my way of putting it may make more sense. I guess not.  

8 minutes ago, desselle said:

@CdotRoller hates Josh. He came because we are friends. We go way back to when KV was in 7th grade and just starting out in wrestling. I am just kidding @desselle. Of course the money that MANY people have pitched in to boost our fundraising efforts has helped build the program. That was never the issue. The issue is people like @Ummmno who lie and say we are receiving full funding from Allan and we are using the money to pay kids to come to Cleveland. The only issue I have is that 99% of our success is Josh and Joey and others grinding, and all everyone wants to do is talk about money. I and others acknowledge that being well funded helps, BUT the credit for our recent run should go to the people grinding in the room and on the national circuit, and none of the current people have directly received support from Allan Jones to help pay for that grind. What he gives helps with logistics (as do all the other donations and the money every athlete pays for dues), but the kids have had the success they have had because of their work, not anyone’s money.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Humorist said:

I’m the liar? That’s what I was told back in the day as an assistant there at Cleveland. Am I making that up as well? Or maybe I’m making it up that I’m an alum. I mean it seems that the program itself only came about when the fore mentioned showed up? I mean I don’t have to say anything about what I did there. I mean what jumpstarted that program back before Knox and Bosken were my kids. Those that I coached from youth to even those on the middle and high school level. I’m just stating what I was told as an assistant. You can believe me or not. That’s purely up to you. 
I want my name off that wall and my pics out of that building. And to say I was Cleveland thru and thru and get hated on by these so called Cleveland faithful. Yeah y’all are faithful alright. My feelings aren’t hurt by any means. But every time I throw a fact up on here. It’s refuted like you were there? C’mon. We or at least I get it the Cleveland faithful don’t want to hear anything about the past. They don’t want to hear about the Championship teams mentioned before. Afraid they will be overshadowed. I’ll leave you with this…go ask Allan about the time I saved his kids butt from being ejected from the state tournament back in the day? Got mouthy with a police officer at the arena. Or better yet when he called me a liar and said I cussed out one of my middle schoolers. And confronted him and was literally heading to his office when he called to apologize and said it was a misunderstanding. Or when he paid me to haul his kid and his teammates around to tournaments in the Check Into Cash Van. 
im like Katt Williams at Club Shay Shay. Better recognize. 

Whatever happened between you and Allan is between you and Allan brother. I was simply pointing out that your $10 million figure was off by about $8 million. If he or someone else told you it was $10 million, fair enough. Now you know the truth.

8 minutes ago, desselle said:

Hold on Bruce I haven’t said money is the main advantage. My words have been misconstrued. I’m on here trying to clarify what people are trying to say. We’ve got two sides beating their heads against the wall trying to prove a point. I thought maybe my way of putting it may make more sense. I guess not.  

@desselle come to the good side!

2 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

@CdotRoller hates Josh. He came because we are friends. We go way back to when KV was in 7th grade and just starting out in wrestling. I am just kidding @desselle. Of course the money that MANY people have pitched in to boost our fundraising efforts has helped build the program. That was never the issue. The issue is people like @Ummmno who lie and say we are receiving full funding from Allan and we are using the money to pay kids to come to Cleveland. The only issue I have is that 99% of our success is Josh and Joey and others grinding, and all everyone wants to do is talk about money. I and others acknowledge that being well funded helps, BUT the credit for our recent run should go to the people grinding in the room and on the national circuit, and none of the current people have directly received support from Allan Jones to help pay for that grind. What he gives helps with logistics (as do all the other donations and the money every athlete pays for dues), but the kids have had the success they have had because of their work, not anyone’s money.

I agree. Once again I’m not on either side. I just tried to piece statements together and give a different perspective. I’ve know Chris since KV was in MS. He invited us up a couple times when Nashon was there. Like most of us he will Do what it takes to make sure his kids have the best chance at success. 

• Upvote 1