Cleveland success….

TheTreyB

11 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

@CdotRoller is not arguing that the funding we receive does not help the team. He is calling out the bull crap lie that @Ummmno started a whole thread about in claiming that we are paying for kids to come to Cleveland. The Rollers were not paid, and the Williams were not paid. No one is paid to come to Cleveland. That is all he is saying. @Ummmno is the who claimed that Allan funded our entire program and that we were paying kids to come to Cleveland. I literally copied his post and pasted it in this thread. He is saying no one “brought him in.” He asked to be in the club. Everyone is twisting his words and all he is doing is pointing out that people like @Ummmno made inflammatory statements that were 100% untrue, and then lied and said all he was saying is that Allan’s money contributed to our success. He flat out accused us of paying people to come and also claimed that Allan Jones funds our entire program. So yes, Roller is correct that those two statements together imply that Allan’s donations are used to recruit kids to Cleveland. Quit twisting his words and trying to act like @Ummmno did not word for word accuse us of this in a thread he started.

Exactly 

“Funding” is their nondescript vague word that morphs into what they need it to be to keep whining. 

a couple days ago funding was the recruitment of kids. Go see the “Cleveland recruits” thread. 

earlier today it was an unfair advantage and Cleveland has facilities that most in the state don’t have. Then that went from not having at all to not having at the same level.  I think we ended up posting “most” schools that are somewhat staples in wrestling do in fact have wrestling rooms. 

and now funding is paying for coaches, and if you didn’t pay for coaches no kids would be there. I which I have replied I think the coaches deserve every penny they make, although I don’t know this to be a fact, nor how much money they receive. I’ll also counter if our club dues pay for coaching…is it still “funding” specifically from Mr Jones?

@desselle im just making the point that money isnt the main factor. Ive watched Landon wrestle since he was a weeeee lil tot and still do!  My point is you said you guys had to pay to use your gym....roll out mats....schedule the best you could.....and Landon and Jarvis are complete studs!  If what people are saying on here about us were true that wouldn't be possible.  I know for a fact you took your son EVERYWHERE to get better....spent thousands on traveling and camps....hundreds of hours in gyms.  these are the exact same things that parents do here!  I told my Nashville peeps many years ago that Petes hard work was going to pay off and that Summit was the next team to challenge us...and I was right...and its all because of the hard work Pete put in that didn't go unseen.  Money and a fancy Gym didn't have a factor in that....Hard work did!  We try to "out work everyone" just like Landon and Jarvis DID!!!  So if offends anyone when us Cleveland guys say it......OH WELL!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BOUNCE said:

@desselle im just making the point that money isnt the main factor. Ive watched Landon wrestle since he was a weeeee lil tot and still do!  My point is you said you guys had to pay to use your gym....roll out mats....schedule the best you could.....and Landon and Jarvis are complete studs!  If what people are saying on here about us were true that wouldn't be possible.  I know for a fact you took your son EVERYWHERE to get better....spent thousands on traveling and camps....hundreds of hours in gyms.  these are the exact same things that parents do here!  I told my Nashville peeps many years ago that Petes hard work was going to pay off and that Summit was the next team to challenge us...and I was right...and its all because of the hard work Pete put in that didn't go unseen.  Money and a fancy Gym didn't have a factor in that....Hard work did!  We try to "out work everyone" just like Landon and Jarvis DID!!!  So if offends anyone when us Cleveland guys say it......OH WELL!

I agree. And some of those trips were to Cleveland. I just want to make sure my words aren’t mistaken for me bashing Cleveland. 

7 minutes ago, Humorist said:

Hold on…some people aren’t telling the truth on why they really ended up at HCWC. I’m just sayin. There is more to some people’s stories. Im gonna let them explain in further detail(s) before I do. 

Be careful @Humorist before you start speaking other people’s stories if you have not been completely honest about yours. Those same people might “explain in further detail” about you. Now I am not saying you have not been completely honest, we have had some conversations that were ALL cordial. I am just saying be careful threatening to open up that can of worms. There is no need to do that anyway. Everyone has their own reasons why they are where they are. None of those include being paid to come to Cleveland using Allan Jones’ money. That is all I am saying.

Edited by FrecoFanatic
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Humorist said:

Hold on…some people aren’t telling the truth on why they really ended up at HCWC. I’m just sayin. There is more to some people’s stories. Im gonna let them explain in further detail(s) before I do. 

Please explain how my son ended up there????????

3 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Be careful @Humorist before you start speaking other people’s stories if you have not been completely honest about yours. Those same people might “explain in further detail” about you. Now I am not saying you have not been completely honest, we have had some conversations that were ALL cordial. I am just saying be careful threatening to open up that can of worms. There is no need to do that anyway. Everyone has their own reasons why they are where they are. None of those include being paid to come to Cleveland using Allan Jones’ money. That is all I am saying.

Heck, even I know some of those stories and I have not lived in Cleveland for probably 40 years.  This is wise advice.  

Just now, desselle said:

Nah. No hate. Just wanted to be the one to take yall out. Maybe my grandson can do it. lol 

I am excited about the individual. It’s a different dynamic. You guys have some race horses that are going to make the team race very fun. I hope ours are ready to run, because I know your guys will be.

• Upvote 1

Just now, desselle said:

Nah. No hate. Just wanted to be the one to take yall out. Maybe my grandson can do it. lol 

At some point the streak will end....the whole state will be joyed to the point of near death .....but I think it will be a few years.  all I can say is it was a pleasure to get to meet you and watch your son wrestle and I will be watching him and cheering him on as a OSU suckeye!