NIL Deals?

RMC

Ok.....so you don't think it'll be like the college NIL deals?  You know like Nico's NIL he get $8 million. 

Maybe go to Tulsa Nationals.......offer the 1st place kids NIL deals to come your school?  

I hope it doesn't come to that.....

40 minutes ago, Whoweft said:

Almost zero--same with football. 

I recall seeing that the world as we know was coming to an end.  

There are ways it could be used--but it is not being used right now very much (that I have seen in TN HS). 

Agree. Maybe someday but I don’t see it filtering into HS the way it has college.

I guess I was thinking of it bringing a kid to your school and not money to one already there.  I was shocked when I looked up "High School NIL Deals" one of the results was "Middle School NIL Deals."

But if you don't think it has hit high schools.....check out these for high school football:
https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/high-school/football/

2 hours ago, RMC said:

I guess I was thinking of it bringing a kid to your school and not money to one already there.  I was shocked when I looked up "High School NIL Deals" one of the results was "Middle School NIL Deals."

But if you don't think it has hit high schools.....check out these for high school football:
https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/high-school/football/

These are not $s paid to these kids--it is a projected annual valuation from ON3.  I promise you, the kids are not seeing this type of money in high school.  I know a few of them - and they are not getting the ON3 valuation dollars while they are in high school. 

The ON3 Valuation is a projection of annual value based on the kid's

+ Performance
+ Influence
+ Exposure
+ Deal Data

Deal Data is only one of four-- and it is the least important. 

In colleges, about 85% (average estimate) of the NIL money actually paid is coming from collectives--not actual endorsements.  When collectives come to high schools, that is when you should begin to get concerned.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Whoweft said:

These are not $s paid to these kids--it is a projected annual valuation from ON3.  I promise you, the kids are not seeing this type of money in high school.  I know a few of them - and they are not getting the ON3 valuation dollars while they are in high school. 

+ Performance
+ Influence
+ Exposure
+ Deal Data

In colleges, about 85% (average estimate) of the NIL money actually paid is coming from collectives--not actual endorsements.  When collectives come to high schools, that is when you should begin to get concerned.  

So.....let's take Nico Iamaleva for example.......he received $375,000 before he graduated high school.....to come to UT....going from High School to College.

If this plays out........what stops it happening for kids going from Middle School to High School? I mean...it's legal now.

*And I think the column before "On3 NIL Valuation" is money they've received. (I could be wrong)

1 hour ago, RMC said:

So.....let's take Nico Iamaleva for example.......he received $375,000 before he graduated high school.....to come to UT....going from High School to College.

If this plays out........what stops it happening for kids going from Middle School to High School? I mean...it's legal now.

*And I think the column before "On3 NIL Valuation" is money they've received. (I could be wrong)

100% the NIL is NOT money they received. It is projected annual value.  That does not mean that kids did or did not receive the money--it is On3's estimate of how much ON3 thinks they should earn a year. 

Nico is an outlier. There are only a handful of Nicos in the USA across all sports. They have and always will get endorsement deals (Manning, Lebron, Shaq, Mahomes, etc.)

To answer your question regarding middle schoolers, nothing, really.  There is a prohibition against tying payments to a specific school--but if a kid does not go the school the paying party wants--the paying party terminates and stops paying  for other reasons. 

6 hours ago, Whoweft said:

+ Performance
+ Influence
+ Exposure
+ Deal Data

There are schools in the Knoxville area that already have established collectives.

• Upvote 1