Lake County head coaching job open?

2 hours ago, SpottedGoat said:

WOW! I really hate this for Lake. With Lexington & such open to get the rest of the best; who's left in the pool to go coach there?

Lake County is a traditional powerhouse in single a. It's going to definitely be an attractive job for someone. I really don't think there be a shortage of applicants in my opinion. We shall see. Hopefully the ad and administration gets this one right and vets everyone accordingly. Time out for giving jobs by default. 

20 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

Lake County is a traditional powerhouse in single a. It's going to definitely be an attractive job for someone. I really don't think there be a shortage of applicants in my opinion. We shall see. Hopefully the ad and administration gets this one right and vets everyone accordingly. Time out for giving jobs by default. 

Yeah I agree. I definitely didn't mean for my question to come across as Lake will get the scraps left over from other vacancies. Should've worded that better. Away from the pay & or distant location or teaching responsibilities, etc., I think this is a premium gig so far as football goes. I just wondered if they had an obvious name in waiting. Someone that might get a chance to move home or the like. It does make me wonder, with all the good teams they've had, why don't, or do they have a list of alum's that could take over the program and wouldn't use it as a stepping stone.?

11 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I hope they hire from outside ,not promote within the program.

You, me and a large majority of the falcon faithful is hoping the same thing. However, you know how small town politics are. They get acostomed to familiarity and mediocrity and go with what's comfortable. I've never like the idea of an ad, principal or individual making coaching hires. I like the committee format personally.