Lake County head coaching job open?

22 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

It's only been a stepping stone because the coaches that are being hired cant seem to cut the umbilical cord from the coaches they're accustomed to. I questioned the Canada hire because everybody knows he's committed to pucket it's understandable. I wasn't a fan of the quinn hire. That's why I think it's best to have a committee conduct interviews instead of one person make the decision. I,along with alot falcon Nation, want something new. Lets look at things through someone else's eyes for a change. 

It will likely remain a stepping stone in the current environment. That's not a dig a LC either that's basically every 1A school outside of South Pitt and McKenzie maybe a few others. We simply can't offer the pay to compete with bigger schools. 

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

From what I have been told nobody with head coaching experience as put in for the job. From what I am hearing there will be some sorta of committee to at least help advise with the hiring process. Who that committee will be I have no clue. Bigster who are you talking about being hired because of his father? 

Fair enough 

2 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

It will likely remain a stepping stone in the current environment. That's not a dig a LC either that's basically every 1A school outside of South Pitt and McKenzie maybe a few others. We simply can't offer the pay to compete with bigger schools. 

True. However, the sad thing is the administration in small schools seem to spendy money on everything but athletics. I know it's definitely a choice. Lake county's high school football field hasn't had any major upgrades since the last concession stand was built in the mid 1990s. Horrible sound system, death cable still intact around the field. At the same time the high school and middle school basketball courts have been replaced and refinished multiple times. I just don't understand it when football is our cash cow here. 

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

From what I have been told nobody with head coaching experience as put in for the job. From what I am hearing there will be some sorta of committee to at least help advise with the hiring process. Who that committee will be I have no clue. Bigster who are you talking about being hired because of his father? 

At least that's what the powers that be are saying. I've heard personally from someone directly involved that some of these applicants resumes are outstanding. I just hope the whole picture is shown before it's all said and done. 

5 hours ago, west10EZ said:

awfully quite over here … y’all heard anything yet ? 

Nope...I'm sure it'll be somebody locally. Lake County administration isn't to keen on hiring outsiders. Unless it's to give them one of the 80,000 plus jobs at the local board of education. Going locally is an easier decision. It's sad when you have applicants with "far superior backgrounds, accomplishments  and experience." This is verbatim from an individual high up in the administration. So, we shall see. I think it was a total of 19 applicants. 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 9:00 PM, truefalconfan said:

At least that's what the powers that be are saying. I've heard personally from someone directly involved that some of these applicants resumes are outstanding. I just hope the whole picture is shown before it's all said and done. 

I had been hearing McKenzie coach's son

36 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I had been hearing McKenzie coach's son

Comer would be a heck of a hire. We need someone that knows offense. The last two years paly calling left much to be desired, and tbh the defense wasnt any better. We need a good core of assistant coaches. Not the ones who only showed up on Friday nights when the lights came on. That was a HUGE complaint from many of the players 

Seems more like another stepping stone hire to me … would be a good hire just something tells me Comer would only be there a short time not a long time but that’s majority of 1A now a days. Lake County should be a destination job where Longevity and continuity isn’t a problem. 

On 2/24/2024 at 8:49 AM, west10EZ said:

Seems more like another stepping stone hire to me … would be a good hire just something tells me Comer would only be there a short time not a long time but that’s majority of 1A now a days. Lake County should be a destination job where Longevity and continuity isn’t a problem. 

Unfortunately the pay just isn't enough to attract the kind of coach that would stay and build something for the long haul. The  love of football there just isn't reflected in the pay. Also, the fans and supporters don't recognize good coaching when they have it. Being a good ole boy trumps everything until it is time to trash that guy and run him off.

On 2/20/2024 at 7:14 PM, truefalconfan said:

Nope...I'm sure it'll be somebody locally. Lake County administration isn't to keen on hiring outsiders. Unless it's to give them one of the 80,000 plus jobs at the local board of education. Going locally is an easier decision. It's sad when you have applicants with "far superior backgrounds, accomplishments  and experience." This is verbatim from an individual high up in the administration. So, we shall see. I think it was a total of 19 applicants. 

Can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want a long-term coach who won't leave after having success it has to be a local. Success breeds opportunity... if you win you'll get offers, and the more you win the better the offers will be. Give someone a shot not from there, and you can't blame them when they have the opportunity to get paid, to have a better situation, or to go to where they'd rather be. Very few coaches are compensated for all the time spent away from their wives, children, and extended families... not to mention the expenses that they put back into the program and kids, so it's far from a financial decision to be a coach from the outset. Hire a local and you still have to respect any opportunity they have to better provide for their own, or to be in a better position to succeed in their chosen line of work, but you also have the draw of school pride and loyalty that outsiders rarely attach to the place that they happen to work at.