For those that can help

cobrakid8

If any of you remember Kyle James one of the best wrestlers to ever come out of this area and a proud Soddy Daisy boy, he lost everything when his house burnt down Saturday night when all of us were celebrating the end of the State duals and championships for any of the teams we cheer for.  You can go onto Alexy Winesburgh page on Facebook and find out how to help!  Kyle's family has been friends of me and my dad's for many years(my dad and his dad before I was ever born) and if not for some medical issues I have a feeling he would have been an Olympic qualifier as he was working out of Colorado for a few years after high school getting ready to compete!   Alexy said venmo is @ulric-winesburgh   last four digits are 0797.   Thanks guys!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Kyle was a freak in high school. When I watched him I called him the spider bc of the way he could use his legs to spin around to dominate opponents and for  pins. Kid could put you in a web fast. He was fun to watch and an elite wrestler that absolutely had a shot at the Olympic trials . Sending prayers for him and his family.

Edited by FR615
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, TheTreyB said:

Terrible. And thanks for the heads up. Don’t know him but would love to help. 

One of the nicest families in wrestling, thankfully he lived right down the street from family so he was able to get out and down to their house. Was a 3 time state champ and Fargo AA before TN had many of those. If not for his health issues I do think he would have been an Olympic qualifier for the US.  Thank you! 

• Like 1

Just now, cobrakid8 said:

One of the nicest families in wrestling, thankfully he lived right down the street from family so he was able to get out and down to their house. Was a 3 time state champ and Fargo AA before TN had many of those. If not for his health issues I do think he would have been an Olympic qualifier for the US.  Thank you! 

Yeah heard Shawn Cordell was the wrestler he was basically because of him. Hung around Yost and Bosken for awhile (basically lived with them). Said he was arguably one of the best to ever come out of TN. Sucks hearing that about him. 

17 minutes ago, TheTreyB said:

Yeah heard Shawn Cordell was the wrestler he was basically because of him. Hung around Yost and Bosken for awhile (basically lived with them). Said he was arguably one of the best to ever come out of TN. Sucks hearing that about him. 

Yeah, he went from not placing as a freshman and that was the year Shawn was runner-up at 103 both as freshman. Kyle won the next year at 103 against Danny Coleman with a pretty loaded 103 bracket and Shawn won at 112. The next year Kyle beat Shawn in the finals at 119 6-1 before Kyle won his senior year at 125 when he tech-falled Kelly Felix at the end of 2nd period with a bracket that Travis Creagan finished 3rd. He then went out to Colorado to train before having to come back home. My dad went to school with his dad and we’ve kept up for years with our racing. Just great people!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

Shawn was a 3X State Champ

Freshman State Champ at Red Bank

Sophomore State Champ at Bradley

Junior runner up

Senior Champ

Yes my bad Shawn won that freshman bracket in 2001, 2002, lost to Kyle as a junior and won as a senior!  Him like Casey Cothron a few years before left Red Bank to go to Bradley