Cleveland vs McCallie Dual: Who wins at their best?

ohreally15

9 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Lol. You must be talking about the Blackman pre-season. That was our JV kid @cobrakid8. They put him in the wrong pool and to save us from a long delay to redo brackets, we sent our JV kid during Tyson’s matches and Tyson during our JV kid’s matches. Go look up that nice win 3 - 0 day Jessie Owenby had on Trackwrestling with a big win over Rob Atwood. That was Tyson. Tyson’s only losses on the season are at Carnahan, Knockout, and Powerade. The Father Ryan tournament does not compare to Powerade. I made a pick. You made pick. I am not the one who said the other guy has zero chance. You were. And your logic is Gentle LOST to a ranked kid 8 - 4 and somehow that means more than placing at 3 of the very toughest tournaments you can go to in the country. You keep spitting out that Tyson has not beat a ranked opponent, yet you will not acknowledge that Gentle has not either? That makes zero sense. If you are going to apply that standard, then apply it to both. Gentle is very good and may well win, but don’t say Tyson has zero chance. Also, you are talking about the Atwood and Crowder wins like those don’t have any weight because Tyson wrestles heavyweight. Bro, he has been 225 all year. He is not some 285, or even 250 pound kid wrestling 215 lb guys. When they wrestled, they were the same weight.

Powerade was not that tough for a heavy, and neither was the Carnahan or Knockout. Maybe middle weights where guys like Bo Bassett or Jax Forrest wrestle but if you think Powerade was that tough for a heavy when Russell placed 5th I think it was and Crowder who placed 7th was that tough I don’t know what else to tell you! Just because a tournament is tough doesn’t mean all weights are created equal and if Davis can pin Crowder in the 2nd easily while beating him 8-1 and I don’t think Davis would have a chance against Gentle but I think Davis would beat Russell!  Also by the way the only loss I show for Davis this year is Riley Souther(Dalton) 5-2, Carson beat Souther 7-1. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

Russell pinned Davis 

In freestyle, last June

Was leading 8-0 

try again

FS but nice try ole rasslinking, huge difference in that and folk style I thought you knew better!!  

be interested to see how he does against Mares this weekend actually if they both make it that far

Just now, Rasslinking said:

You do know Fargo is FS?

The tournament Levy won

Your arguments are struggling 

Yep, Levy won it, where did Russell finish if we want to go that way? Besides the fact I did post a place where Levy is a ranked HS wrestler and I don’t see Russell there. Also if you look on FLO for the top ranked prep school wrestlers you have Gentle ranked 5th since Flo is so important to you! But again, why did Russell beat Crowder at the Powerade tourney 10-6 but same Crowder got pinned by Davis? Or Souther the only one that beat Davis so far this year got beat by Carson Gentle?

19 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

Have you ever seen either of them actually wrestle?

Honestly, if so where?

or are you sitting on your couch googling results? 

Funny thing is, you can see all of them wrestle while sitting in your chair or on a couch! For a Soddy guy you aren’t very bright so please quit making a fool of yourself on here, you are making us look bad!  But yes, seen them all wrestle.

3 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

I mean if those tournaments had been full of ranked wrestlers at heavy yeah I would say they have been tough, but the only ranked wrestler either Russell or Gentle has wrestled this year was Gentle with Levy who also won a 16U Fargo title. He didn’t get pinned by the guy and made it the entire match, that same guy will wrestle a guy that beat Russell this year at one of your mentioned tournaments 4-1. Also to be sleeping on him Davis from Soddy most likely beats both. I mean Russell beat Crowder 10-6 at Powerade(which crowder also placed at) while Davis pinned crowder while he was already beating him 8-1. But alas, I still think Gentle beats Russell handily but you all can think whatever you want, I mean he got stuck by the number 1 ranked guy at 215  earlier this season and also another guy from state of Tn. 

@cobrakid8 You think Davis would kill them both huh? Must have had a bad day when Tyson pinned him last year. Since you guys like Trackwrestling so much, go ahead and take a look at those significant wins and the results from the Keller classic. Oh, but I am sure you will have some reason why that win doesn’t carry any weight either.

8 minutes ago, FrecoFanatic said:

@cobrakid8 You think Davis would kill them both huh? Must have had a bad day when Tyson pinned him last year. Since you guys like Trackwrestling so much, go ahead and take a look at those significant wins and the results from the Keller classic. Oh, but I am sure you will have some reason why that win doesn’t carry any weight either.

I said I think Gentle would beat them both and Davis would beat Russell. Davis has surprised the heck out of me this season watching him. Absolutely manhandling guys out there while last year he didn’t at all. Heck he didn’t even make state last year, he’s taken a huge step forward. So last years results don’t really matter because Russell wasn’t even a heavy last year, got beat at 195 by Medina. But again, why wasn’t Russell able to pin Crowder at Powerade?  Davis didn’t have that same issue. Davis has lost once this season to a guy from Dalton, that same guy got beat by Gentle which again leaves me to believe that Gentle would beat Davis and since Russell couldn’t put Crowder away but Davis did I believe Davis beats Russell. Should be a good time the next few weeks, we will see if all of them even win a state title. 

Edited by cobrakid8

3 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I said I think Gentle would beat them both and Davis would beat Russell. Davis has surprised the heck out of me this season watching him. Absolutely manhandling guys out there while last year he didn’t at all. Heck he didn’t even make state last year, he’s taken a huge step forward. So last years results don’t really matter because Russell wasn’t even a heavy last year, got beat at 195 by Medina. But again, why wasn’t Russell able to pin Crowder at Powerade?  Davis didn’t have that same issue. Davis has lost once this season to a guy from Dalton, that same guy got beat by Gentle which again leaves me to believe that Gentle would beat Davis and since Russell couldn’t put Crowder away but Davis did I believe Davis beats Russell. Should be a good time the next few weeks, we will see if all of them even win a state title. 

@cobrakid8 The only head to head match between them Tyson PINNED Davis. I guess you are just going to ignore that. You can’t pick and choose what standards you apply to who. You criticize Tyson for no ranked wins, but will not acknowledge Gentle has no ranked wins. Then you try to justify picking Davis to beat Tyson because Davis pinned Crowder and Tyson did not, but completely ignore the fact that Tyson literally pinned Davis. Not to mention that you don’t give Tyson any credit for the wins over Atwood and Crowder because they are “215 lbs.”, but buddy that win over Crowder by Davis means Davis is the man! Is Davis not a HWT? Look, you can pick whoever you want, but to disrespect Tyson by saying he has no chance of beating those two guys is ridiculous. It’s not that you picked him to lose, it’s that you are saying he has no chance. Your own people (shoutout to @Rasslinking) are pointing out how ridiculous that is. I may have picked my guy, but at least I acknowledged the other two of course have a chance to win. Come on man.

@cobrakid8 I need some help interpreting this one:

Davis beats Caleb Turner 2 - 1

Tyson beats Caleb Turner 11 - 6 (4 of those points were Tyson cutting him).

Does this mean Davis clearly beats Tyson too? Just want to make sure I know how this common opponent thing works.

Also, since Crowder pinned Caleb Turner, how does that fit in as well? Any help is appreciated.

Edited by FrecoFanatic